Indoctrination Theory officially...(BIG SPOILERS)

#31MedicFromHellPosted 6/26/2012 6:01:50 AM(edited)
merc_nine posted...
at what point in the EC was the IT disproved? I heard it just wasnt confirmed. Which was stated a long time ago

I'm glad you showed up to the party merc. It's disproved because the end was not a dream. The choices Shepard could make are real.

And just so you know, I called this a day or two ago on BSN and was flamed heavily for it and if you can handle reading a lot ... http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/12730160 there is your proof.

You owe me an apology by the way... remember?
---
GT: Razerath
If you're looking for people to play ME3 with on 360: http://tinyurl.com/ME3MPDOC
#32jpraelsterPosted 6/26/2012 6:03:44 AM
The refusal ending if anything SUPPORTS the theory by giving another way to ignore the indoctrination attempt
#33AdonistheDarkPosted 6/26/2012 6:04:32 AM
merc_nine posted...
at what point in the EC was the IT disproved? I heard it just wasnt confirmed. Which was stated a long time ago

This is what I mean by shifting goal posts.

We're to believe that Bioware is fueling the fire to this debacle by clarifying an ending that, according to IT is only a hallucination anyway, and will at some later undisclosed date reveal some post-indoctrination DLC or worse insist ME4 is where the fight really ends?

Our choice is essentially a non-ending that just leaves us with Shepard tripping in a pile of rubble and this is somehow laud-worthy storytelling rather than listening to Bioware and taking the endings at face value?

Bioware hasn't called us outright stupid and wrong so our stance must be equally valid to that of the writers'.
---
"Deus Ex Nanomachina" ~IGrokSpock
#34vespa5Posted 6/26/2012 6:06:06 AM
I have to admit, despite all the speculation and all the amateur videos on YouTube explaining the I.T., even after the E.C., I still think the I.T. was a better pitch and ending. Well, I can't complain. It is what it is.
#35MedicFromHellPosted 6/26/2012 6:22:05 AM
jpraelster posted...
The refusal ending if anything SUPPORTS the theory by giving another way to ignore the indoctrination attempt

Not you here too... ugh. Your only defense now is .... what? Shepard refused the indoctrination attempts before he even made any choice. The reason for that is because the Catalyst is now proven with the EC to be what it says it is. Given that, indoctrinating Shepard would be a sure fire way for the Catalysts plans to fail.

How can't you see that? Indoctrinating Shepard at the end of the series would have been counter-productive to the Catalysts goal. His original goal and his current goals.
---
GT: Razerath
If you're looking for people to play ME3 with on 360: http://tinyurl.com/ME3MPDOC
#36chill 02Posted 6/26/2012 6:28:20 AM
lol
---
I should go.
#37MoritsunaPosted 6/26/2012 6:33:59 AM
Inoc is still correct. If you choose destroy you still get the ending where you see Shepard breathing under the rubble! Also the 4th ending where you shoot the catalyst the boy's voice becomes extremely evil just like a true reaper! He wanted to trick you all along!
#38Precious_RoyPosted 6/26/2012 6:36:11 AM
Except if you choose destroy shepherd still wakes up in a pile of rubble. This is after the narration and everything the EC added. Since we actually saw shepherd die and his crew mourn his death just seconds before he takes another breath, how would you explain this without IT?

I mean the entire purpose of the EC was to satisfy the angry fans who just chalked everything up to bad writing, so why would they leave that little split second scene if it still had no significance? More bad writing? Oversight?

It has to mean something....
#39jpraelsterPosted 6/26/2012 6:40:10 AM
not to mention bioware said the ec would not disprove the IT
#40themagicpainmanPosted 6/26/2012 6:40:42 AM
They seemed to have left it open really.
---
http://i.imgur.com/1hsMf.jpg
Not changing this sig until Happy Trees Maokai is released. SPREAD THE WORD PEOPLE.