Question about upcoming SP DLC

#1YanKeLLoPosted 6/27/2012 12:51:30 PM
Spoilers Maybe..............So usually in games, you beat the game and then they release DLC that takes place after the events of the actual game. After you beat ME3 you're placed back on the Normandy before the assault on the Illusive Mans base. This leads me to believe that any future DLC will take place before the conclusion of the game. Basically the "Ending" is the "ending" there will be no end-game things to do. Am I thinking about ths correctly, or has anyone heard anything different?
#2RizzonaterPosted 6/27/2012 12:53:36 PM
I thought BW confirmed a while ago that no DLC would take place after the ending, but I could be mistaken
---
VT 4-16-07 Never Forget. Go Hokies!!
PSN & GT: Rizzonater
#3bessy67Posted 6/27/2012 1:13:24 PM
Sounds like the next DLC will be about a rogue reaper named Leviathan.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/27/leaked-files-hint-at-next-mass-effect-3-dlc
#4BringitPosted 6/27/2012 1:19:21 PM
On one hand, more Mass Effect is awesome... On the other, why bother playing stuff that's probably not relevant to the plot at all considering we've all seen the ending(s)?

Kind of an odd choice.
---
"She was like a candle in the wind... unreliable." - Dean Learner
#5YanKeLLo(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2012 3:08:58 PM
my point exactly. I dont understand what Bioware is so quick to want to get away from Shepard. If they stay in the ME Universe with a new "hero" I don't think it'll be very well recieved. People are invested in Shep and the crew. Halo wasn't the same without Chief (probably why they're going back to him), ME won't be the same without Shep.

It's like watchin Matt Damon as Jason Bourne for 3 movies, and now them staying with that universe...but without Matt Damon : )

Maaaattttt Daaaaammmmmoooonnnnn
#6TinyosiPosted 6/27/2012 3:18:47 PM
On one hand, more Mass Effect is awesome... On the other, why bother playing stuff that's probably not relevant to the plot at all considering we've all seen the ending(s)?

Kind of an odd choice.

Please tell me this is not serious. We would have never had gems like Overlord or Lair of the Shadow Broker if we thought like this
#7TheFinalBossPosted 6/27/2012 3:27:09 PM
Maybe spoils

I'd like to hope that each dlc they release adds a new ending. The start was the extended cut with the refuse ending. And it would make sense regarding their comment with "If you knew what we were planning you'd keep your copy forever." There clearly is something they're keeping from us (a final ending I hope) because of that breathing scene and The Shepard scene.
---
"This isn't over, We'll meet again!" -Every super villain or final boss.
#8BringitPosted 6/28/2012 5:40:28 AM(edited)

Kind of an odd choice.

Please tell me this is not serious. We would have never had gems like Overlord or Lair of the Shadow Broker if we thought like this

Both of those are actually plot relevant though... One heavily develops Liara as a character which is reflected in ME3 and the events of Overlord are also brought up in ME3. So unless they announce ME4 and it's within a reasonable time-frame from the end of the events of ME3, how could it possibly be plot relevant?

I want DLC for ME3, I just don't want it to be filler. It should enrich the overall experience not just be something you do for 30 minutes and is then never mentioned ever again as if it had no impact on the rest of the game/series as a whole.
---
"She was like a candle in the wind... unreliable." - Dean Learner