Don't get why people say the 4th ending is Bioware trolling. *spoilers*

#1PostCrisisJ2Posted 6/29/2012 8:12:50 AM
I mean, for a troll ending it actual makes sense.

If it were a troll ending it would have to involve Starchild personally killing your LI in a slow and painful matter and Harby destroying the Normandy or something, idk.
---
You doff so furiously you are in danger of starting a HAT FIRE.
Black tumblr is worse than BET.
#2Afghan_Whig777Posted 6/29/2012 8:17:11 AM
There's nothing trollish about it

If Shepard refuses, the aftercredits show that the next cycle ends the Reaper threat

It's also tragic and beautiful, the Catalyst gives Shepard three options that the AI finds suitable, and instead he/she chooses the choice to not choose starchild's edicts.

Freedom and choice were the defining characteristics of organics, Starchild does not understand that
---
GT: Arcade Fire87
#3kevin1dPosted 6/29/2012 8:18:56 AM
Afghan_Whig777 posted...

If Shepard refuses, the aftercredits show that the next cycle ends the Reaper threat

It's also tragic and beautiful, the Catalyst gives Shepard three options that the AI finds suitable, and instead he/she chooses the choice to not choose starchild's edicts.

Freedom and choice were the defining characteristics of organics, Starchild does not understand that

how does the next cycle beat the reapers?
---
"The real reason MW1 and MW2 sold higher was because gamers were getting sick of WW2 games."
Hi Baseless. My name is Speculation.
#4ChargedBusterPosted 6/29/2012 8:20:18 AM
It's the only ending I LIKE.
---
Xbox live: aimforthebushes
#520ME2cmpnvetPosted 6/29/2012 8:21:09 AM
kevin1d posted...
Afghan_Whig777 posted...

how does the next cycle beat the reapers?

They use the time capsules Liara left behind. The Stargazer scene is different in this ending.
---
I used to be Commander Shepard, then I took a plothole in the knee.
"This Forum has gone 0 days without a Star Wars Reference."
#6Afghan_Whig777Posted 6/29/2012 8:27:53 AM
We don't know. Liara's message playing happens after it's discovered by an intelligent species.

Apparently the next race uses the Crucible though, it could mean they chose to destroy the Reapers
---
#7ChargedBusterPosted 6/29/2012 8:29:08 AM
Afghan_Whig777 posted...
We don't know. Liara's message playing happens after it's discovered by an intelligent species.

Apparently the next race uses the Crucible though, it could mean they chose to destroy the Reapers

The game doesn't actually say if the crucible is used. I would like to think when she said the crucible 'failed' that they used the time they had to create some alternate means of victory.
---
Xbox live: aimforthebushes
#8JulesCornPosted 6/29/2012 8:30:17 AM
1. Because people are stupid and/or bitter.

2. A lot of people triggered the ending by idly shooting the Catalyst on their way to make a real choice with no knowledge of consequence.

3. Because people are stupid and/or bitter.

4. Because it directly states not using the cruicble means failing no matter your military Strength and the fans who hate the crucible take that as a blow.

Personally I really liked it.
---
I'm so corny sometimes!
#9m9_Illusive_ManPosted 6/29/2012 8:33:02 AM
ChargedBuster posted...
Afghan_Whig777 posted...

The game doesn't actually say if the crucible is used. I would like to think when she said the crucible 'failed' that they used the time they had to create some alternate means of victory.

Yeah, I assume the didnt make AIs because they knew about the Geth and the previous cycles and took all that information and spent 40,000 years preparing for the Reapers.
---
This meeting has no purpose. The humans are wasting your time, Councilor. And mine.
#10Afghan_Whig777Posted 6/29/2012 8:49:34 AM
m9_Illusive_Man posted...
ChargedBuster posted...
Afghan_Whig777 posted...

Yeah, I assume the didnt make AIs because they knew about the Geth and the previous cycles and took all that information and spent 40,000 years preparing for the Reapers.

You don't know that. When the humans discovered the Protheon articifacts, the Geth/Quarian conflict had already long passed and the Reapers were on their way

Also, to the person, apparently one of the writers on twitter stated the next cycle buit and used the crucible

Refusal seems like what Shepard would pick, considering what we know of him/her in the previous 3 games.
---