I hate Bioware/EA even more so now after the EC DLC

#11JulesCornPosted 6/29/2012 10:56:18 AM
AnUnexpectedAct posted...

Even if the community did have to fight tooth and nail for it how many developers do you see making a "new" ending.

Bethesda.

Now how many game endings can you see making as much of a fuss as Mass Effect 3 did?

I can't think of any...
---
I'm so corny sometimes!
#12MurphysGhostPosted 6/29/2012 10:57:19 AM
meltor13 posted...
They ****ed up, fans called them on it, and they did their best to fix it (and did a pretty good job). For free.

That really sounds like a couple of companies you should hate.

They could've pulled a Capcom and released Ultimate Mass Effect 3 a few months after the original version and charge you $40.00 for all the new endings and multiplayer additions.

Get that stick of out your ass and get over it.

+1

Alternatively, get that stick out of your ass and start beating people with it. FOR PALAVEN! :P
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#13ExtraspectrePosted 6/29/2012 11:02:14 AM(edited)
AnUnexpectedAct posted...
Extraspectre posted...
meltor13 posted...
They ****ed up, fans called them on it, and they did their best to fix it (and did a pretty good job). For free.

They could've pulled a Capcom and released Ultimate Mass Effect 3 a few months after the original version and charge you $40.00 for all the new endings and multiplayer additions.

It wasn't so neat and pretty.

The fanbase had to fight tooth and nail for it(hard enough to make it news in non-gaming media) , and for the most part Bioware had a terrible non-communicative PR response.

If the community wasn't so amazingly dedicated we wouldn't have got anything, so I thank them before bioware.

Even if the community did have to fight tooth and nail for it how many developers do you see making a "new" ending. Infact how many developers do you see actually fixing the problems in their game. Look at the bigger MP games CoD, BF, Gears. Sure Infinity Ward/Dice/Epic will do balance stuff(sometimes) but when it comes to the true problems of the game like lag/glitchiness/overall just poor design choices it doesn't happen.

How many devs make true player-driven story based games? I'm not talking about 5 hours of corridor shooting that you forget as soon as you finish and go play the multiplayer

This is their livelihood, if their fans can't have faith in them to craft a compelling and cohesive story then they're not going to be around much longer. And the ending shook the faith of ALOT of fans, they lost so much consumer goodwill it's not even funny.

Of course they had to do something.
---
Gamefaqs: The most passive aggressive place on the internet.
#14legendX66Posted 6/29/2012 11:01:18 AM
to be honest even though the original endings sucked. (ec is much better) I don't really agree with a bad ending for any game generating that much rage or media anyway. Games have bad endings sometimes it did not hurt the other countless hours I played. I'm fine with complaints but the whole scene was ridiculous anyway.
---
legendX66-Ten Tails H4X and Troll H4X Sexy secretary of Haxem Rangers
Thinking is the hardest kind of work, which is probably why so few engage in it.
#15LastGhostPosted 6/29/2012 11:03:19 AM
Before going ahead and giving them a pat on the back for putting all this effort in for "free". Keep in mind that Bioware/EA will want to continue the Cash Cow that is Mass Effect, and it is Damage Control to fix this problem so they can salvage the fan base for the next product in the line up. Think how badly the backlash hit them when the reviews on Amazon were all 2 out of 5 stars, I'm sure that hurt them.

I'm not saying it's good or bad, but nothing is done these days for "free" or for love of the fans. There is some ideas on future profit in the background.
#16JimiMorrison187Posted 6/29/2012 11:08:28 AM(edited)
You still have to give them credit for rectifying thier mistake. It's pretty rare that someone cares enough about their games that they would do what they did with this EC. I don't care what you want to claim about future DLC (which they were gonna do either way), they listened to people saying the ending didn't make any f***ing sense and went the extra mile to try and appease those that didn't understand the end.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/ripvanwallace/SCAN001.jpg
#17VulcharPosted 6/29/2012 11:11:06 AM
DogVolta posted...
meltor13 posted...

well said.

He told you to "get the stick out of your ass and get over it" and you reply with "well said"?

Wut
#18LastGhostPosted 6/29/2012 11:17:39 AM
JimiMorrison187 posted...
You still have to give them credit for rectifying thier mistake. It's pretty rare that someone cares enough about their games that they would do what they did with this EC. I don't care what you want to claim about future DLC (which they were gonna do either way), they listened to people saying the ending didn't make any f***ing sense and went the extra mile to try and appease those that didn't understand the end.

Oh, I do give them credit, and applaud the effort. But think of it this way, You own a car company that builds a car that every once in a while bursts into flames and lights people on fire, you're probably gonna fix the problem if you hope anyone is gonna buy cars from you in the future. You're probably not doing it just from the bottom of your heart. Just saying.
#19LastGhostPosted 6/29/2012 11:19:27 AM
Vulchar posted...
DogVolta posted...
meltor13 posted...

well said.

He told you to "get the stick out of your ass and get over it" and you reply with "well said"?

Wut

Maybe he should shorten it to "Enough with the Ass Stick"
#20bman52480Posted 6/29/2012 11:47:28 AM
meltor13 posted...

Completely agree. IMO a good company tries to fix their mistakes, a bad company says "we didn't make a mistake, you had incorrect expectations, deal with it"

While I'm not a huge fan of a lot of EA's business practices, I commend them for owning up to their errors and putting out the new endings.
---
"The Miss Universe Pageant is fixed, the winners are always from Earth."