Destroy now officially the WORST ending *spoilers*

#31ChiroteraPosted 7/15/2012 6:49:01 AM
I don't know why people have this idea there is a 'best' ending, or a 'worst' ending.

No matter how you look at it you have three very bad endings, all of which have more cons attached to them than they do pros.
---
Detroit Red Wings: #9, #12, #7, #10, #1, #19, (#6), (#16), #5
#32PiazzaPosted 7/15/2012 7:06:19 AM
MF_Bup posted...
Cause Shepard living or dying was what made the ending* Sarcasm

People like the destroy ending because it allows life to progress naturally, the catalyst says you can't force synthesis but that is exactly what you did, sure Shepard might have been ready but were the Krogan or the Vorcha or any other race? And even if it works perfectly and you create some kind of utopia, then what? all life would have become streamlined and they would be no death, no tragedy, no emotions, no good or bad, life would just become meaningless not to mention it would eventually destroy all biodiversity in the galaxy.

And Control? turn Shepard into an immortal space god with unlimited power? That's bound to end well, I don't care what kind of space Jesus you made your Shepard but an eternity of solitude and power will change things.

Shepard living in the destroy ending was defiantly a big bonus but not the only reason it was good.

This 100%. When I chose Destroy, I had no idea Shepard was going to survive. The fact that people on here act like that is something known going in and is the reason for choosing it are delusional. There's no way of knowing it until you see it. I chose it for the reason you mentioned: it's the only one that allows organic life to progress naturally on its own terms. The Catalyst says that the Reapers were created to bring balance and prevent synthetics from killing organics and all that. But how does he/it know? Clearly, organic life was never allowed to progress to its natural end, else nothing would be left. My interpretation of the Catalyst is that it is a rouge AI, who created the Reapers thinking it was the only chance for organic life to survive. Well, I wanted an ending where organic life controls its own destiny free from Reapers/synthetic influence. What makes the Catalyst some kind of supreme being. It isnt. It's an AI that was created by someone/thing in the past, and it is obviously flawed.

Synthesis was out from the get-go. No way Im forcing chance onto every species in the galaxy and essentially erasing all the differences between races.

Control seemed nice, but when you look into it, there is no way of being certain Shepard will use the Reapers in a way to benefit organic life. I couldnt risk it, and I dont think the Shepard I created would've wanted that power anyway. Like I said, being free from the Reapers I think is the best option. Yes, it means we need to sacrifice the Geth, EDI, etc., but every option had sacrifices, and Destroy's seemed the best, at least to me.

In the end, all 3 endings had their pros and cons, which I like because there is no truly 'best' ending. You have to choose and live with the consequences.
---
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring. ~ Rogers Hornsby
#33Doofe_2012Posted 7/15/2012 9:06:53 AM
Read what the writer said again. They said they made it ambiguous on purpose, and that it COULD be a last breath before death. That doesn't mean Shepard died at all. It means whatever the audience thinks happened is valid. If you want to believe it was Shepard's last breath, then your Shepard is dead. If you wanted to believe Shepard was eventually dug out of the wreckage and enjoyed a nice retirement, then that's what your Shepard did.
---
Standing up for ourselves doesn't mean standing alone.
Gamertag: ColossusCHD
#34Omega_Zero_XPPosted 7/15/2012 9:55:47 AM
dg823 posted...
I thought most people stopped caring when the Indoctrination Theory was proven false. Shepard's story is over regardless.

And master chief's ended in Halo 3.

...wait...
---
Capcom should have died the hero. Instead it's lived long enough for fans to see it become the villain
Mass Effect 3: I chose RED
#35pygmalinPosted 7/15/2012 10:10:18 AM
UM, this said alot of "might" and "possibly" It said nothing of a "We intend to let Shepard die, and there will be NO DLC or expansion, of Shepards survival" Again nothing concrete. So you can take that for what you will, but I take it that they are being secretive and we still don't know.
#36Shaft228Posted 7/15/2012 10:45:28 AM
It's still the best cause the Reapers die at no cost to the current cycle (machines aren't people) and the ending doesn't result in a galaxy wide police state or brainwashing.
#37apoc20Posted 7/15/2012 1:12:14 PM
Doofe_2012 posted...
Read what the writer said again. They said they made it ambiguous on purpose, and that it COULD be a last breath before death. That doesn't mean Shepard died at all. It means whatever the audience thinks happened is valid. If you want to believe it was Shepard's last breath, then your Shepard is dead. If you wanted to believe Shepard was eventually dug out of the wreckage and enjoyed a nice retirement, then that's what your Shepard did.

^ This, my Shepard lives and living with Liara and his blue children.
---
"If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance."
- George Bernard Shaw
#38MyAura717Posted 7/15/2012 1:23:44 PM
Doesn't the strategy guide explicitly state he lives?

Correct me if i'm wrong though.
---
Convert To Buddenism now
#39brawl4funPosted 7/15/2012 1:40:15 PM
And Shepard dieing is THE WORST ENDING how?

I'm not mad that Shepard dies at all, as long as those giant hentai freakshow robots aren't around anymore.
---
The Mysterious Traveler of the Skyrim Boards (360) :P
GT: PeskyBurrito2 N7:225
#40Ch3wyPosted 7/15/2012 1:44:58 PM
I don't think you understand the meaning of that breath scene.

They wanted to leave open the possibility for a sequel with Shepard in it. They haven't decided if he lived or died yet.