N7 Shadow and Score on gold

#1LordHellscreamPosted 7/20/2012 4:15:48 PM(edited)
What kind score are you getting with shadow on gold matches?

It looks like while the class is certainly fun to play, the kill rate is pretty slow compare to some other classes, and you don't exactly have the kind of stopping power like other infiltrators, or destroyer/demolisher.
Since you primarily are doing kill / clock, kill cloak.

People says shadow is OP, please explain.
---
---------------------------------------------------
#2Sephiroth_BCRPosted 7/20/2012 4:27:53 PM
Can score 90K+ fairly easily. Cloak with duration and bonus power essentially means that you're barely getting shot at so long as you are judicious in your Shadow Strike targets.
---
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
#3mudkip72Posted 7/20/2012 4:35:08 PM(edited)
Using a 6/6/6/0/6 build. Its fun, especially in earlier rounds when you can cloak around one shotting most things, and I get an average score that around most of my teammates.

However, I've actually been considering respecing to 6/6/3/6/5 (or 6/6/4/5/5) to focus more on Electrical Slash, survivability and power damage rather than melee, since I find that once Gold starts getting tough, I end up not using Shadow Strike that much due to the high risk and mainly resort to using Cloak boosted Electrical Slashes.
#4Perfect Cell85Posted 7/20/2012 4:39:01 PM
It varies for me. I can score around 60k on a very good team or well over 100k if I need to do a lot of the killing. Just making sure to eliminate the problem enemies (rocket trooper, centurion, marauder...etc) can really rack up your score quickly.
#5big_lo1836Posted 7/20/2012 4:43:30 PM(edited)
I've been farming like crazy since the DLC, so have only used the shadow during WGG matches while I'm getting a feel of her. That being said, I use the same strategy as the cerbadept. Instead of smash I ES through the wall and that pretty much ensures you don't get flanked and racks up points too.

I believe this class can be OP when used to its full potential. I used just one combo listed in that thread from yesterday (would link it but I'm on my phone) and it highly increased my efficiency with the character. There is some good info in that thread in the first post.

EDIT: but to answer your original question, I avg about 70k in my WGG runs. But as I said, I'm still trying to learn all the ins and outs of the character.
---
PSN: BrainiacBlue08
GT: Brainiac8
#6p0iz3n0usPosted 7/20/2012 5:34:58 PM
big_lo1836 posted...
I've been farming like crazy since the DLC, so have only used the shadow during WGG matches while I'm getting a feel of her. That being said, I use the same strategy as the cerbadept. Instead of smash I ES through the wall and that pretty much ensures you don't get flanked and racks up points too.

I believe this class can be OP when used to its full potential. I used just one combo listed in that thread from yesterday (would link it but I'm on my phone) and it highly increased my efficiency with the character. There is some good info in that thread in the first post.

EDIT: but to answer your original question, I avg about 70k in my WGG runs. But as I said, I'm still trying to learn all the ins and outs of the character.

Play real gold, then maybe your opinion might mean something.......
---
XBL GT ...... Adm S Hackett.
#7biohazard151Posted 7/20/2012 5:38:21 PM
Anywhere from 80 to 110k on gold or platinum. I abuse both electric and shadown strikes, as well as setting off tech bursts.

Its up there for best right now, certainly a strong character.
---
Official Tron Bonne of the PS3 "Marvel vs Capcom 3" board
#8LordHellscream(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2012 6:24:56 PM
Anyone have a good demonstration video of N7 shadow gameplay on gold where you rank high in score?
---
#9vespa5Posted 7/20/2012 6:27:45 PM
On Gold, the later waves usually have me resorting to the Electric Slash more and more than SS. Like someone said earlier, the first few waves is pretty much easy pickings for quick SS kills (Cloak, SS, SS, Decloak, Cooldown, Cloak, Rinse, Repeat). Not exactly fun to use on FBW. She's great in maps with wide open spaces IMO
#10LordHellscream(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2012 8:21:42 PM
bumpidy
---