N7 Destroyer, Devastator mode.

#1Soul_DecayPosted 7/25/2012 1:21:46 AM
So, im lvl 18 at the moment, specced:

Dev Mode: Accuracy, RoF, Shields

Im using it with the Typhoon at the moment (Hence Accuracy over shield Recharge) im just wondering if i should have picked damage as Evo 6 over the 40% shield boost... 400 extra shields or 15% extra damage :/
---
GT: Tarzakul
#2charon78auPosted 7/25/2012 1:26:29 AM
Always pick damage.

Protip: Damage is how you kill things.
---
Dakka dakka, boom boom! I like fluffy pancakes and long walks on the beach.
GT: Charon78
#3Wookie_Is_BackPosted 7/25/2012 1:58:12 AM
The Typhoon isn't a sniper by any means, but I'll be damned if it isn't accurate around mid range. :P

Like the above poster said, always go damage.
#4foxopPosted 7/25/2012 2:12:25 AM
Shields. The damage isn't that significant, but you'd be surprised how helpful an extra 400 shields can be, especially on a character who moves slow and can't dodge.
---
Gears of Halo 4: Black Ops II
#5Mu_NovaPosted 7/25/2012 2:54:22 AM
I like this about the Destroyer. I actually have to think about this choice. Hell, same goes for rank 5, and to a lesser extent rank 4, but anyway...

I first specced for shields, loved it. Now I'm specced for damage, still love it, using my Harrier and Claymore. But I do miss those shields... The extra damage can be noticeable, but I think I preferred being beefier. I dunno.
---
Dragon's Dogma - Main Pawn: Cadence
I am a fan of My Little Pony. You do not have to watch My Little Pony.
#6CryptoFactoPosted 7/25/2012 3:33:38 AM
Agreed. 40% extra shields on a Destroyer makes a big difference. Damage is not the obvious option for once.

Protip: You can't kill things if you're bleeding out.
---
My ridiculously circuitous plan is one quarter complete
#7GenkiNoEmbracePosted 7/25/2012 4:19:06 AM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
The Typhoon isn't a sniper by any means, but I'll be damned if it isn't accurate around mid range. :P

Like the above poster said, always go damage.

I agree with this, with one exception. The devastator/typhoon combo with accuracy can EASILY snipe an Atlas or a Brute from any distance. I am so in love with how quickly those two go down with this combo. To a slightly lesser extent, Prime's can be sniped from a distance too.

I am going to be so sad when they eventually nerf one or both of these..
#8DuneManPosted 7/25/2012 5:56:59 AM
They've already started in on the Typhoon. Thankfully all they did so far was lower the natural AP properties.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao