Best ME3 MP Character - Match 4: Batarian Soldier vs Krogan Vanguard

#1KomaniaPosted 8/17/2012 1:50:38 PM
Which is the better character? - Results (64 votes)
Batarian Soldier
28.13% (18 votes)
Krogan Battlemaster Vanguard
71.88% (46 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Match 4! This will be open for around 3 hours, then matches will become 24 hours in length.

Previous matches:
N7 Destroyer 61 - Drell Vanguard 28
Krogan Soldier 20 - N7 Slayer 38
Vorcha Soldier 21 - Cerberus Vanguard 23

Full bracket can be found here:
http://challonge.com/gfaqsme3mp

Leave your opinions below!
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this as you signature.
Steam: KomaniaX
#2Chris616263_Posted 8/17/2012 1:59:31 PM
I .... wow. Here's my opinion:

Chris616263_ posted...
You should be ranking characters within their own respective classes - because not only as Turk pointed out that the Drell VG is pretty good but not compared to the N7 Destroyer, but the playstyle is entirely different.

Substitute Destroyer for Kroguard, and Drell VG for Batarian Soldier.
---
XBL Chris616263| Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard.
#3SaintTweeterPosted 8/17/2012 2:02:37 PM
I totally agree with Chris616263_. This is going to be a landslide for one of the best classes period, against one of the best soldiers. Its not even at all.
---
Formerly Geese911, changed because Sailor Bacon wouldn't shut up about changing old names. ~_~
boku wa SEXUAL TYRANNOSAURUS atashi wa
#4LordNobunagaPosted 8/17/2012 2:10:54 PM
A good Kroguard can easily solo Gold while running and gunning, especially Geth. So I vote Kroguard.
---
Elisabeth Blanctorche fanboy.
youtube.com/user/CommElite, and GT: TM07
#5Superfluou5Posted 8/17/2012 2:15:52 PM
LordNobunaga posted...
A good Kroguard can easily solo Gold while running and gunning, especially Geth. So I vote Kroguard.

A batarian soldier can do the same.
---
GT: lll Jank lll
^^^ 3 L's
#6perfect_generalPosted 8/17/2012 2:20:13 PM
My head says the Kroguard but the Batarian soldier is just more fun to play so I went with him.
---
"He who laughs last, doesn't get the joke"
#7LordNobunagaPosted 8/17/2012 2:43:34 PM(edited)
@superflou5

I mean in the sense of taking on mobs of enemies when you're literally surrounded, and can melee everyone to death without touching an ops pack for an entire round of wave 1,2,4,5,7,8 and 9. Also is the only one that can stand out in the open and take on 3 Geth Primes and some Pyros+Hunters+Rocket troops without once going into cover or using gear. Finally could be one of the only classes that can solo a wave 10 hack objective without ever using a consumable. Against Geth.
---
Elisabeth Blanctorche fanboy.
youtube.com/user/CommElite, and GT: TM07
#8Chris616263_Posted 8/17/2012 2:43:04 PM(edited)
LordNobunaga posted...
@superflou5

I mean in the sense of taking on mobs of enemies when you're literally surrounded, and can melee everyone to death without touching an ops pack for an entire round of wave 1,2,4,5,7,8 and 9. Also is the only one that can stand out in the open and take on 3 Geth Primes without once going into cover or using gear.

Exactly.

While it's perfectly plausible for almost any class to solo gold, that has more to do with how skilled the player is than how the class is built.

Any random player can use a cookie cutter Kroguard to tank in gold matches, but you need to have some degree of skill and game awareness to succeed as a Batarian Soldier. Having played both classes to great extent, when I feel like having fun and testing myself, I play the Batarian. When I feel lazy and just want easy credits, I switch to the Kroguard.

Just because the Batarian Soldier is more fun (Ballistic Blades!) he gets my vote.
---
XBL Chris616263| Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard.
#9Crimsonhead4Posted 8/17/2012 2:42:20 PM
I voted batarian soldier. Ive tried the kroguard but just don't really feel it
#10Superfluou5Posted 8/17/2012 3:18:34 PM
LordNobunaga posted...
I mean in the sense of taking on mobs of enemies when you're literally surrounded,

A Batarian can also do the same, against any of the factions not just the geth. On gold bosses will rarely surround you though.

LordNobunaga posted...
and can melee everyone to death without touching an ops pack for an entire round of wave 1,2,4,5,7,8 and 9.

No real need for an ops pack when you have biotic charge, kind of a moot point. Also I'm pretty sure a Batarian could do the same.

LordNobunaga posted...
Finally could be one of the only classes that can solo a wave 10 hack objective without ever using a consumable.

Neh, a lot of others can do it as well.
---
GT: lll Jank lll
^^^ 3 L's