The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

N7 demolisher build

#1Doody187Posted 9/1/2012 10:35:20 AM
What's the preferred build for this class? I just unlocked it and honestly have no clue how to use it. Thanks for the help!
---
I am mainly playing Mass Effect 3 right now...
GT: Big Doody
#2Mr_PipboyPosted 9/1/2012 10:44:10 AM
6/6/6/6/0

Ignore fitness as she's mean to be in cover most of the time.

Spec arc grenades for radius and shields and barriers damage

Homing grenades for damage and armor damage

I spec the pylon for weapons damage, but you can make a case for either. But you want to make sure to always grab the upgrade where it spits out more grenades.

If you have a harrier, bring it in and nothing else. The weight of the harrier is perfect for the pylon cooldown (@15 seconds). That means that when you place a pylon, it spits out ammo and grenades. Then when the cooldown is over, it will spit out two more grenades, and then another 2 when recast for 4 grenades in a short span.
---
My signature is a bold statement.
www.Omega-level.net
#3ArchMageSynokPosted 9/1/2012 10:46:04 AM
Mr_Pipboy posted...
6/6/6/6/0

I spec the pylon for weapons damage, but you can make a case for either. But you want to make sure to always grab the upgrade where it spits out more grenades.

If you have a harrier, bring it in and nothing else. The weight of the harrier is perfect for the pylon cooldown (@15 seconds). That means that when you place a pylon, it spits out ammo and grenades. Then when the cooldown is over, it will spit out two more grenades, and then another 2 when recast for 4 grenades in a short span.

this man knows his stuff, listen to him, this is my platinum build.
---
http://i.imgur.com/UNFgs.jpg
#4cornix1Posted 9/1/2012 10:52:49 AM
mine is 6/6/6/6/0

pylon: regen, power dam, more grenades
arc: damage, electric damage, shield/barrier damage
homing: damage, fire damage, armor damage
n7: pow damage all the way

weapon: harrier with stability mod and ap mod or hurricane with the same mods
---
"You don't suck b/c it's hard, it's hard b/c you suck."- me, Cornix Black
http://www.youtube.com/user/jimathers#p/search/0/c211yCCZdJY GT: cornix5
#5cornix1Posted 9/1/2012 10:54:26 AM
Mr_Pipboy posted...
6/6/6/6/0

damn, ninja.
---
"You don't suck b/c it's hard, it's hard b/c you suck."- me, Cornix Black
http://www.youtube.com/user/jimathers#p/search/0/c211yCCZdJY GT: cornix5
#6longnutsPosted 9/1/2012 10:54:54 AM
You will be in first place and will double the score of the person under you, if you follow these instructions. The demolisher is disgustingly efficient at killing.
---
I have all 3 consoles, do not accuse me of any fanboyism
http://360voice.gamerdna.com/tag/xLONGNUTTSx
#7Doody187(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2012 11:08:01 AM
Mr_Pipboy posted...
6/6/6/6/0

Wow awesome! Thanks so much, you've partially restored my faith in this board haha
---
I am mainly playing Mass Effect 3 right now...
GT: Big Doody
#8big_lo1836Posted 9/1/2012 11:59:54 AM
I run my Demolisher slightly different and still get the same results. I spec both grenades for damage, DoT, and shields/armor damage for arc and homing respectively. This gives me the opportunity to create tech Bursts and fire explosions, but requires your aim to be more accurate. As for the pylon I always spec for weapon damage because I feel like it has more potential to help the team.

Also, never believe anyone who says cool down doesn't matter. Keep a low cool down and u can keep the team supplied with ammo and you won't run out of grenades just like one of the posters above said. I have heard the hurricane is the best gun for a Demo with the harrier coming in a close second. I use the harrier because I don't have the hurricane yet (damn you ChicagoTed!!! Lol).
---
PSN: BrainiacBlue08
GT: Brainiac8
#9MatraTheEternalPosted 9/1/2012 12:02:22 PM
Mr_Pipboy posted...
6/6/6/6/0

I'm with Pipboy on almost everything. Pylon for ammo/grenade generation, power damage(could go weapon damage as well but I feel since she is a power based character might as well buff it as much as possible), more grenades. The only difference with my arc grenades is I don't see much point in extending the already huge range on arc grenades so I went for more damage, DoT, and shield/barrier damage. Homing grenades are definitely armor killers so spec them as such. Go power damage for fitness entirely and use gear that buffs power damage. Personally I'm a firm believer in not taking the grenade capacity as it will only ever benefit you IF you can get above 5 grenades(which this build will give you). The way I look at is more power damage = things die faster = less grenades needing to be thrown = thus you won't need the extra grenades. Use your arc grenades for literally everything except bosses, brutes, and ravagers. They'll tear crowds to pieces/stun them long enough for you to gun them down. For bosses use arcs till their shields/barriers are down and then homing grenade its armor. I would advise using the time of the armor reduction from the homing grenade to gun the target down, then when you have to reload cancel it via another grenade and repeat. Harrier is probably the perfect gun for her and the only one you need...sadly I still don't have one so I sport a GPS X instead. Pipboy's strategy for faster grenade generation is really useful. Even if your recast doesn't sync up with the pylon timer just try to pay attention to your grenade count and when you suddenly gain 2 grenades then pop down a new pylon. Above all else, STAY IN COVER. You're fragile but you survive via amazing AoE stun(arc grenades) and boss destroying. Demolisher is easily my favorite class in the game; even if you don't top the scores(not that it matters too much) you're making things vastly easier for your team by tearing apart defenses and immobilizing crowds.

TL;DR: follow what Pipboy said, arc grenade fodder, arc>homing+gunfire bosses.
#10Polis4rulesPosted 9/1/2012 12:16:53 PM
Mr_Pipboy posted...
6/6/6/6/0

Pretty much this, and you could debate between Damage/Radius on rank 4 of Arc Grenades. It's either or.
---
Gamertag: KumfyKittyKlub
"So long as there are men will there be wars."