What would you prefer the Next Mass effect be?

#31xxENIGMAPosted 10/1/2012 8:51:25 PM
How can you be done with mass effect? Don't even make that an option.
---
ಠ_ಠ
#32Nickious(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2012 9:51:50 PM
xxENIGMA posted...
How can you be done with mass effect? Don't even make that an option.

I threw it in there just because I knew some would say they were. But really are they? Not so sure about that.
#33Drophyd167bPosted 10/2/2012 1:12:40 AM(edited)
Non-existent. Seriously.

Mass Effect was designed as a trilogy, it should stay as a trilogy. It shouldn't be diluted with a ton of pointless prequels and spin-offs, or some contrived sequel.

The closest option to that was "I'm done with Mass Effect", although I don't think that's an accurate portrayal of how I feel. I'll still be playing the trilogy for years to come, just none of the new stuff.
---
"They'll never expect 3 people to attack 12,000 Dalek battleships... 'cos we'd be killed instantly. So it would be a fairly short surprise."
#34cdog21Posted 10/2/2012 9:40:09 PM
A sequel that is basically Star Trek Voyager and Halo 4 in the ME universe.

A lost crew trying to get back home and encounters a new threat.
---
Frylock you're like the A bomb. When you show up everybody dies - Master Shake ATHF
#35PsyrenCallPosted 10/2/2012 9:41:33 PM
drophyd167b posted...
Non-existent. Seriously.

Mass Effect was designed as a trilogy, it should stay as a trilogy. It shouldn't be diluted with a ton of pointless prequels and spin-offs, or some contrived sequel.

The closest option to that was "I'm done with Mass Effect", although I don't think that's an accurate portrayal of how I feel. I'll still be playing the trilogy for years to come, just none of the new stuff.

You're wrong on that, ME was always intended to be more than a trilogy. It was only Shepard's story that was meant to be contained to a trilogy.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#36EmperorLinkXPosted 10/2/2012 11:36:06 PM
I think a sequel could happen with a war between the citadel races and terminus systems soon after the reaper invasion. Although the terminus systems were weakened fighting the reapers, they know the citadel races took even heavier losses. Reconstruction is the perfect time attack, resources are diverted from military forces to construction projects and everyone is looking for peace, not a fight. This forces the citadel races to band together in straight-up galaxy-wide warfare, not a small group carrying out (relative) small-scale strikes.
---
Death to Gnomes and Murlocs!
#37Drophyd167bPosted 10/3/2012 9:56:28 AM
You're wrong on that, ME was always intended to be more than a trilogy. It was only Shepard's story that was meant to be contained to a trilogy.

No, that's just what they were saying during the development of three. And sure, they may have had the intention to drag out the series from the start, but that doesn't mean they should go through with it or, if they do do it, that it'll be successful.

I very much doubt that they will be able to create a fourth game in the series (be it sequel, prequel or spin-off) that will not feel tacked-on. I want to be proven wrong, of course I do, I love this series. However, based on how poor Mass Effect 3 was and what I've heard about other Bioware games in recent years, I don't have high hopes.
---
"They'll never expect 3 people to attack 12,000 Dalek battleships... 'cos we'd be killed instantly. So it would be a fairly short surprise."
#38th3warr1orPosted 10/3/2012 10:09:44 AM
SageOfLife posted...
Sequel, but if they make synthesis or control canon I'm done with the series.

---
I am Thor Odinson of the Vikings, giant. I am not the god of reason and understanding. I am the god of Thunder and Lightning!
#39perfect_generalPosted 10/3/2012 3:28:08 PM
It'll be concurrent with the events in the original trilogy. The protagonist will be a Spectre recruit and you will be able you pick any alien race.
---
"He who laughs last, doesn't get the joke"
#40vicilPosted 10/3/2012 3:37:46 PM
I'd like a new ME game with co-op AND competitive MP. How it will work, I don't know but I want it.
---
PSN: MiniPizzas
The Mobile Infantry: Incredibly badass, stupid mother****ers, being massacred every day by giant insects. They need a game.