I wish that in future DLC they would do something with dark energy.

#11Lord of NightmaresPosted 10/4/2012 7:17:22 PM
Well, they could easily have the Dark Energy turn out to be the next big threat to all life in the galaxy, with even the Reapers themselves having been unable to work out a permanent solution to deal with it.

Heck, considering the revelation regarding Imulsion in the Gears of War trilogy, I could see the same thing applying to Dark Energy.
#12Philosopher1701Posted 10/4/2012 7:19:11 PM
This dark energy crap really bothers me when I play ME2. It's so obvious that it's supposed to be important. Tali's entire recruitment mission happens because of it, and she and Kal'Reegar are upset about all of the quarian deaths that were necessary in order to obtain the data on the star. They keep saying that they hope it was worth it.

Well... I guess it wasn't! It was never brought up again. Never.
---
"The cosmos is also within us; we're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."
~ Carl Sagan
#13PharoahPelican(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 7:54:16 PM
Philosopher1701 posted...
This dark energy crap really bothers me when I play ME2. It's so obvious that it's supposed to be important. Tali's entire recruitment mission happens because of it, and she and Kal'Reegar are upset about all of the quarian deaths that were necessary in order to obtain the data on the star. They keep saying that they hope it was worth it.

Well... I guess it wasn't! It was never brought up again. Never.

I know right? I just want something to make all the foreshadowing mean something. Something significant and not an incredibly tiny reference.
---
I do not aim with my hand, I aim with my eye. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#14FullMetalManiaPosted 10/4/2012 8:21:35 PM
Here's my problem with the dark energy ending: To my understanding, some of the devs said that using the relays exacerbates the problem (dark energy causes stars to prematurely die, mass effect technology projects dark energy, relays are basically nuclear weapons of dark energy). So the Reapers left the relays to shape galactic civilization but then they cull the space-faring species to stop them from using the relays to slow down the dark energy problem...

That's just another Xzibit problem (yo dawg, we heard you didn't want to be killed by synthetics so we built synthetics to kill you so you wouldn't be killed by synthetics) but one that is very loosely tied to ME2. The ending still makes no sense.
---
"Welcome to the internet, where everyone gets off to EVERYTHING."
~kingkaze187
#15PharoahPelican(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 8:24:35 PM
FullMetalMania posted...
Here's my problem with the dark energy ending: To my understanding, some of the devs said that using the relays exacerbates the problem (dark energy causes stars to prematurely die, mass effect technology projects dark energy, relays are basically nuclear weapons of dark energy). So the Reapers left the relays to shape galactic civilization but then they cull the space-faring species to stop them from using the relays to slow down the dark energy problem...

That's just another Xzibit problem (yo dawg, we heard you didn't want to be killed by synthetics so we built synthetics to kill you so you wouldn't be killed by synthetics) but one that is very loosely tied to ME2. The ending still makes no sense.

Again, I'm not wanting an ending overhaul, I just want it to be IMPORTANT. Or at least made obvious the importance of it to the Crucible.
---
I do not aim with my hand, I aim with my eye. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#16MurphysGhostPosted 10/4/2012 9:15:01 PM
PharoahPelican posted...

Which was basically hidden in small blurbs where in ME2 it was hinted at being a much bigger part.

The Crucible is pretty important. *shrug*

It was mentioned in ME2... a handful of times? Ya act like they spent half the game talking about it. :P
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#17PsyrenCallPosted 10/4/2012 9:16:35 PM
sirisaxman posted...
Scuttlebutt around the forums says we would have gotten the star child anyway, all that's different is the Reapers' motivation. I do not have a link to back this up, however.

Scuttlebutt is wrong. Karpyshyn has stated that he wouldn't have gone the way of the Catalyst.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#18Vaoris_KlawPosted 10/4/2012 11:16:01 PM
I honestly did not like the dark energy idea, I think the conflict between synthetics and organics is far more thought provoking and has more grounding in our actual society than what is (almost literally) space magic.
---
Umbasa
www.youtube.com/profile?user=Vaoris
#19PharoahPelican(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 6:06:45 AM
It's not about the ending though...
---
#20PharoahPelican(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 12:27:32 PM
Mellow_RG posted...
http://edelweiss.in2p3.fr/Presentation/Images/DarkMatterPie.jpg

dark energy is a cosmic force

there is nothing the Reapers or Shepard can do to affect it in any way

Mass effect fields make cosmic forces their *****.
---