New Shadow Strike changes

#11TheLast0neAlivePosted 10/4/2012 9:58:33 PM
Yukanna posted...
-Enemys/Phantoms now are more aware of second strikes(bonus power when your closer to enemy and they are aware of you)and can interrupt strikes more often

Played a few matched as the Shadow earlier and had no problems whatsoever with this.
---
You think Jesus just traded four waters for a wine? - Friend while playing Catan.
#12RizzonaterPosted 10/4/2012 10:02:17 PM
TheLast0neAlive posted...
Yukanna posted...
-Enemys/Phantoms now are more aware of second strikes(bonus power when your closer to enemy and they are aware of you)and can interrupt strikes more often

Played a few matched as the Shadow earlier and had no problems whatsoever with this.

I don't do follow up strikes much, but I've tied a few times today with a phantom. I would shadow strike and wind up dead next to a phantom corpse. When I revived the feed said I killed her with a shadow strike. I found it oddly funny though
---
VT 4-16-07 Never Forget. Go Hokies!!
PSN & GT: Rizzonater
#13rogueace127Posted 10/4/2012 10:18:14 PM
Question:

For Sword Mastery rank 5 martial artist, does a shadow strike activate the 50% damage, and does that 50% damage apply to the next shadow strike, or do you have to do a heavy melee for first, or does the 50% apply to only a heavy melee? Sorry if my question sounds confusing, but the wording is very vague in regards to "sword attack" and "sword damage".
#14MasterVashPosted 10/5/2012 12:47:36 AM
rogueace127 posted...
Question:

For Sword Mastery rank 5 martial artist, does a shadow strike activate the 50% damage, and does that 50% damage apply to the next shadow strike, or do you have to do a heavy melee for first, or does the 50% apply to only a heavy melee? Sorry if my question sounds confusing, but the wording is very vague in regards to "sword attack" and "sword damage".

Shadow Strike is both a tech ability and a melee attack. It gets bonuses from anything that says "power", "tech", and "melee", so long as it's not something like "heavy melee".

SS gets the bonus from the rank 5 sword ability, gets bonuses from the Power and Force bonuses, from the melee amplifier equips and gears, and from blade / stunner weapon mods.
---
"Someone at BioWare ate lunch?! Must mean new Ham Sandwich faction!"
-Bahslel, from Reddit
#15SushiSquidPosted 10/5/2012 10:55:32 PM
Unlike most classes, which require a heavy melee to activate martial artist, Shadow does not. Any sword kill does it, including Shadow Strike, which does benefit from it.