I'd like to solve the puzzle, Pat.

#21entropic93Posted 10/6/2012 12:59:24 PM
If we do get Volus characters, I want them to fall over whenever they fire a shotgun, la Borderlands' Midgets.
---
Formerly rocklobster93.
Holy mother of pasteurized milk, that stagecoach is out of control!
#22KingsOfHerePosted 10/6/2012 1:09:04 PM
if i had to guess at how they would implement protheans into the MP... i'd say that they make a whole new MP "chapter" where all players are protheans and it is a depiction of their struggle against the reapers before evvverrryyythiiingg.
---
useewutididthur?
#23Nafzger(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 1:56:11 PM
KingsOfHere posted...
if i had to guess at how they would implement protheans into the MP... i'd say that they make a whole new MP "chapter" where all players are protheans and it is a depiction of their struggle against the reapers before evvverrryyythiiingg.

I've considered this, too. You play as a group of four protheans and fight against Collectors, like in Javik's flashbacks.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
Brutish tempers curbed by ten to twenty lashes.
#24BhelliumPosted 10/6/2012 2:27:52 PM
entropic93 posted...
If we do get Volus characters, I want them to fall over whenever they fire a shotgun, la Borderlands' Midgets.

I wouldn't even complain, as long as their passive skill called "Lots of Effing Money" gave them great weapon damage boosts. Best of the best that money can buy and all that.

Plus it would be adorable.
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
#25BhelliumPosted 10/6/2012 4:15:57 PM
Nafzger posted...
KingsOfHere posted...

I've considered this, too. You play as a group of four protheans and fight against Collectors, like in Javik's flashbacks.

That would be pretty awesome.
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
#26GaMiNg eLiTePosted 10/6/2012 4:58:54 PM
Bhellium posted...
entropic93 posted...

I wouldn't even complain, as long as their passive skill called "Lots of Effing Money" gave them great weapon damage boosts. Best of the best that money can buy and all that.

Plus it would be adorable.

This put the idea in my head that Volus characters could actually be as terrible as they should be but would earn double credits or something.
---
In the modern world, "common sense" is an oxymoron.
#27DH4428Posted 10/6/2012 8:35:33 PM
Nafzger posted...
Until Javik, there were no known living protheans. As far as he knows, he is the last known living prothean. If a lowly soldier can be preserved, I'm sure the higher up protheans are in better stasis pods.

I thought Javik wasn't just any soldier.....didn't he say something along the lines that he was the avatar of vengence?
#28GhostfeetPosted 10/6/2012 9:35:41 PM
DH4428 posted...
Nafzger posted...
Until Javik, there were no known living protheans. As far as he knows, he is the last known living prothean. If a lowly soldier can be preserved, I'm sure the higher up protheans are in better stasis pods.

I thought Javik wasn't just any soldier.....didn't he say something along the lines that he was the avatar of vengence?

I'm pretty sure he calls himself that because he believes himself to be the last of his people. So in his mind he is the avatar of Prothean vengeance, taking revenge on a foe that destroyed his race.
---
"I drink and I smash because I love." ~ Rocko
#29SomboSteelPosted 10/6/2012 10:04:47 PM
Ghostfeet posted...
DH4428 posted...
Nafzger posted...

I'm pretty sure he calls himself that because he believes himself to be the last of his people. So in his mind he is the avatar of Prothean vengeance, taking revenge on a foe that destroyed his race.

Well it did look like he was the Prothean General in command on Eden Prime (or whatever the Proethean name for it was). I'd say he was an important soldier
---
GT: Sombo
#30GaMiNg eLiTePosted 10/6/2012 10:07:38 PM
Javik knew he was going to be the last one (or at best, the leader of the few remaining survivors, depending on how long it took a civilization to find him) before he went into stasis. Watch the flashbacks.

That said, it's entirely possible that he was unaware of other pockets, such as Ilos, but it's evident that the Protheans didn't have the technology to power multiple life pods for the amount of time that ended up being necessary.

If there are enough other Protheans left to justify putting them in multiplayer, they must have been awake for a long time and yet somehow remained hidden from both the Reapers and the organics.
---
In the modern world, "common sense" is an oxymoron.