Playing through the trilogy again, what choices turn out interesting in part 3?

#1Wire_HarpPosted 10/6/2012 1:55:18 PM
I'm replaying the ME series and I was wondering, what specific choices/LIs end up giving you the most interesting ME3 playthrough, in your opinion? Thanks.
---
Scotland: Where the men are men, and the sheep are scared.
#2tsunamizeroPosted 10/6/2012 2:29:55 PM
Inb4noneofthem.
---
The apple may not fall far from the tree, but coconuts can cross oceans.
Gamertag: tsunamizero02
#3SushiSquidPosted 10/6/2012 2:33:09 PM
Not much, sadly. Much like your choices in Mass Effect barely affect what happens in Mass Effect 2.
#4Wire_Harp(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 2:36:56 PM
Well, I know the third game doesn't change much. But are any of the romances that require a continuation from ME2 good/well written? And does a lot change if people died in the 2nd?
---
Scotland: Where the men are men, and the sheep are scared.
#5MurphysGhostPosted 10/6/2012 2:58:28 PM(edited)
The biggest differences involve the Krogan and the Geth/Quarian plotlines, and whether or not people were loyal in ME2.

So, if Wrex is dead and the Genophage data was destroyed, it can be a fairly different set of outcomes compared to if both are saved. Whether or not Tali was exiled. People who survive ME2 unloyal probably don't survive ME3, whereas if they are Loyal they probably will.

Being nice to Conrad Verner for the entire series actually pays off a bit, too. Nothing big, mind you.

Edit: For ME2 romances, I haven't seen Garrus or Tali but since they join the squad, they get fairly fleshed out. The other ME2 romances like Jack or Thane don't get much elaboration.

But if you romanced different people who are on the ME3 team in ME1/2 (so, Ashley in 1 and Tali in 2, for example), you can get some pretty funny minor dialogue in 3.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#6RONIN_Y0JIMBOPosted 10/6/2012 5:34:34 PM
Vermire survivor
Bring Down the Sky's final decision
Project Overlord's final decision
Squad recruitment and suicide mission survivors
Conrad Verner
---
Gamertag- RONIN Y0JIMBO
Is that cynicism? On the internet? Grow up, I have no time for your elitist attitude. Come back when you can be useful.
#7NafzgerPosted 10/6/2012 5:40:16 PM
Have you already finished ME3? If so, this is my favourite one. If not, don't read it

If you keep Wrex alive on Virmire in ME1, and then sabotage the cure in ME3, you have a really depressing showdown with Wrex on the Citadel once he discovers your treachery
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
Brutish tempers curbed by ten to twenty lashes.
#8Aurion819Posted 10/6/2012 11:49:04 PM
I loved the Tali romance in ME3, which you have to start in ME2 and continue. Everything that happens on Rannoch is just heart-breaking and -warming at the same time.

The Wrex/Wreav difference is minimal in ME2, but makes for a whole different emotional reaction to the plight of the krogans in ME3.

Obviously, saving Legion in ME2 is always a good idea, if you didn't. Getting both the geth and the quarians in ME3 is awesome.

Personally, I save the Rachni queen in ME1 because if you do so again in ME3, you get all of her workers, they DON'T betray you, and you still get Grunt.

Not saving Thane during the suicide mission can lead to the Salarian councilor dying. This changes the confrontation of Udina later.

All in all, no choices you make really drastically alter your gameplay. They make story changes that affect your emotions differently, but no real gameplay changes. They can affect your EMS in ME3, though.