Did they remove auto-targeting?

#51Xero_MachariusPosted 10/8/2012 2:36:53 AM
topic is tl:dr

but no it's not gone, if it's not been answered already i'm still encountering it.... very annoying when using a jav and it scopes in on a swarmer instead of the marauder that's just about to kill you.
---
GT - Xero M XTC
Life is but a fleeting dream to which you will awaken, only to find yourself drowned in a greater nightmare. - SC
#52BushidoEffect3Posted 10/8/2012 2:51:31 AM
fennell92 posted...
I haven't noticed, but if true then this should actually make sniping much easier imo.

I know how that feels. Happened to me all the time back then. You want to aim somewhere, but the computer moves it off a bit.
#53BhelliumPosted 10/8/2012 2:52:34 AM
In case you haven't noticed Mr. Turk is a bit of a troll
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
#54zenandiPosted 10/8/2012 4:27:37 AM
Mr_arizona posted...
zenandi posted...
Good.

It was stupid since ME 2.

ME2
Mission: Recruit the Krogan
(Midway through the mission a hallway with 2 Batarians, 2 Turians, and 2 Rocket trooopers)
I want to take out the Rocket guys first since they do most damage but my auto aim really wants to take out that mid ranged shotgunning Turian who isn't a threat yet.
On top of that if I do target a enemy moving left to right my auto aim will move with him but in front of him and if I try to correct it it will over correct and aim 2 feet behind him.

really haven't noticed it much in ME3 but that may be due more to the fact I avoid snipers when possible. Only my Salarian Infiltrator with a Widow gets a sniper in his hands. Even my Infiltrator Shepard has decided shotguns are the way to go.

Exactly.

Raged so hard then.

It's just one of those things you have to wonder if the devs even played their own games. No player in their right mind would approve this.
#55DoctorTurkPosted 10/8/2012 5:25:03 AM
Bhellium posted...
In case you haven't noticed Mr. Turk is a bit of a troll

a troll that has still contributed more than half the board users :>
---
" ...In the final episode of the Magnificent Steiner, I bet... he finally became human again."
#56OEIO999(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 5:43:36 AM
zenandi posted...
Mr_arizona posted...
zenandi posted...
Good.

It was stupid since ME 2.

ME2
Mission: Recruit the Krogan
(Midway through the mission a hallway with 2 Batarians, 2 Turians, and 2 Rocket trooopers)
I want to take out the Rocket guys first since they do most damage but my auto aim really wants to take out that mid ranged shotgunning Turian who isn't a threat yet.
On top of that if I do target a enemy moving left to right my auto aim will move with him but in front of him and if I try to correct it it will over correct and aim 2 feet behind him.

really haven't noticed it much in ME3 but that may be due more to the fact I avoid snipers when possible. Only my Salarian Infiltrator with a Widow gets a sniper in his hands. Even my Infiltrator Shepard has decided shotguns are the way to go.

Exactly.

Raged so hard then.

It's just one of those things you have to wonder if the devs even played their own games. No player in their right mind would approve this.

I approve, it's just like CoD. I don't see the problem
#57El_VirusPosted 10/8/2012 6:52:45 AM
In CoD, quick scope is annoying specially when there should be no reason why a snipers beats an SMG thanks to auto aim at close range, mind you it doen't happen always, but it's still annoying.

In ME3 it helps in a pinch, but I don't like using snipers even on gold, it feels they lack stopping power, although I have actually seen people use snipers effectively.

As far as auto aim goes, it's annoying when I want to aim at a prime, but auto aim ALWAYS wants to get the turret first or a rocket trooper slightly on the side aiming elsewhere.
---
PSN: AbzolutZRO XBL: Abzolut ZRO
#58xionnoixPosted 10/8/2012 2:38:52 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]