There is no reason to do Unknown/Unknown anymore

#31OEIO999Posted 10/7/2012 9:42:59 PM
Unknown is for the challenge, picking a map/enemy sorta allows you to prepare for it. I hardly ever pick unknown for exp bonus
#32vicilPosted 10/7/2012 10:31:55 PM
Nafzger posted...
zenandi posted...
It was never about the XP anyway since I regularly run full Lv 20s.

It's the thrill, man.

It was, until they broke geth and introduced a bunch of really bad maps. Now if you're not on a competent team, it's a death sentence. Even with a competent team, you run the risk of failure.

Right, because if you were defeated, it's obviously the game's fault. :3

Look, I dislike the geth too, but when they give me trouble it usually because my build lack utility to handle them getting up in my face, or I'm not paying attention to my surroundings.
---
PSN: MiniPizzas
The Mobile Infantry: Incredibly badass, stupid mother****ers, being massacred every day by giant insects. They need a game.
#33Xero_MachariusPosted 10/8/2012 4:09:59 AM
I've been saying forever that they need to introduce a search criteria so you can actively search for people playing UU matches as well as completely random.
---
GT - Xero M XTC
Life is but a fleeting dream to which you will awaken, only to find yourself drowned in a greater nightmare. - SC
#34Nafzger(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 11:18:50 AM
vicil posted...
Nafzger posted...
zenandi posted...
It was never about the XP anyway since I regularly run full Lv 20s.

It's the thrill, man.

It was, until they broke geth and introduced a bunch of really bad maps. Now if you're not on a competent team, it's a death sentence. Even with a competent team, you run the risk of failure.

Right, because if you were defeated, it's obviously the game's fault. :3

Look, I dislike the geth too, but when they give me trouble it usually because my build lack utility to handle them getting up in my face, or I'm not paying attention to my surroundings.

Or it's because they're ridiculously unbalanced. Every geth enemy, except the geth turret, the trooper, and the pyro, can stunlock you into oblivion with pinpoint accuracy from a light year away, or while staggered themselves. The geth turret and the geth pyro can instantly drop your health to nothing by simply being on the same planet as you, and you have to face three of the big bosses at one time instead of two, and lest we forget the Rocket Trooper who is already firing at least two rockets at you, before you're even around the corner.

No build is prepared to face the onslaught of these robot bastards, because at any given time, they can summon some sort of cheat BS from a parallel dimension to **** your face.

And the only reason their difficulty has been increased to such a degree is because of Firebase White.

Now, you will always run the risk of failure no matter the enemy type. No win is guaranteed. But as for the geth faction, you have to fight a lot harder for that win than you should have to. It's not even fun.

Cerberus - Undeniably cheap, but easy.
Reapers - difficult, but really fun.
Geth - difficult and cheap. No fun.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
Brutish tempers curbed by ten to twenty lashes.
#35GrayZStarrPosted 10/8/2012 11:25:23 AM
Bah, Humbug. Remember when people feared fighting Reapers because of Banshees? Now we fear fighting the Geth because of hitstun.

Geth may have been buffed to the point where fighting them is an unfun chore, but they get pwnt major time by the Demolisher/Quarian males due to Arc Grenades stunning everything but the Prime, and using it on the Prime usually kills the new evil drone. Hate fighting them otherwise.

Cerberus? Call me when you can rip off a Phantom's arm. Reapers? Apart from the occasional having to play hide and go Banshee and said Banshees preforming Ninjas, they are arguably the easiest faction because you can HEAR everything. Primes and Phantoms do not make much noise until they found you and can hit you.

---
The post above is either the truth or a special form of Internet Sarcasm.
Either way, it's just a post.
#36xionnoixPosted 10/8/2012 12:01:15 PM
Nafzger posted...

i agree, i like challenging the reaper faction the most.

i regards to geth, does the geth prime shots now have homing abilities? i was playing Giant the other day, right in the middle of the map, prime spawned on the bottom left (by the ladder and ammo box), i rolled to the right to take cover and their plasma blasts followed me around the corner XD
---
friendly ray: http://i.imgur.com/RYKvR.jpg
#37Nafzger(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 12:26:01 PM
xion_noix posted...
Nafzger posted...

i agree, i like challenging the reaper faction the most.

i regards to geth, does the geth prime shots now have homing abilities? i was playing Giant the other day, right in the middle of the map, prime spawned on the bottom left (by the ladder and ammo box), i rolled to the right to take cover and their plasma blasts followed me around the corner XD

They've always had it. Their plasma blasts will curve to hit you.
---
#38El_VirusPosted 10/8/2012 12:33:49 PM
Geth are stunlocking whores, we all know it, and like someone else said, it is almost a chore to go against them specially in maps like condor or London. The new drone can be taken down as easily as before and if anything, it gives you the 1 second to get a couple extra shorts out and maybe even kill the drone again. You also shouldn't rely on a desk in order to protect you from a pyro. Regardless, they are the toughest of all. Reapers are fun with enough challenge and Cerberus is okay except for those 8 phantoms that spawn at once on wave 10 and just keep coming at you.

As far as exp goes, I think the bonus still apply, the game just doesn't show it. At least on gold runs, I could see the overall scores where higher then selected maps.
---
PSN: AbzolutZRO XBL: Abzolut ZRO
#39deathscythe257Posted 10/8/2012 12:52:29 PM
Nafzger posted...

I beg to differ... Considering the reaper's have recieved the least number of changes (other than fixing glitches... I would rather face them than Cerberus or Geth anymore...
With Geth, as you said, they cheat... horribly... People deny it, but ever since the patch, I have noticed more pyros per game... Combat drones also can move freely (they dont stay near the prime, didnt learn of this part from the patch)

Also,with Cerberus... nothing but phantoms anymore... phantoms and atlases... all I ever see on gold... I even got a killstreak once with just a room full of phantoms... *sigh*
---
Yes, this is a signature.
#40Nafzger(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 12:55:39 PM
deathscythe257 posted...
Nafzger posted...

I beg to differ... Considering the reaper's have recieved the least number of changes (other than fixing glitches... I would rather face them than Cerberus or Geth anymore...
With Geth, as you said, they cheat... horribly... People deny it, but ever since the patch, I have noticed more pyros per game... Combat drones also can move freely (they dont stay near the prime, didnt learn of this part from the patch)

Also,with Cerberus... nothing but phantoms anymore... phantoms and atlases... all I ever see on gold... I even got a killstreak once with just a room full of phantoms... *sigh*

How is this at all disagreeing with what I said?
---