Question about Turian Ghost rifle cloack Damage

#1X_Dark_Side_XPosted 10/14/2012 4:03:15 PM(edited)
So in the description it says that for 10 seconds while Cloak is ACTIVE you do 20% more AR damage, how does that work? I mean i decloak right away as i start fire so do i get the 20% damage bonus for 4-5 AR bullets? Or does the bonus stays after you decloak?

Also, how are you guys playing your Ghost? Overload with or without cloak?

Thanks.
---
GT: Dark Side PT - Epic bacon flip bro.
#2ThePizzaDemonPosted 10/14/2012 4:24:51 PM
I ignored overload so I can slab whatever weapons I want to onto the class. I am running it with an AT-12 Raider and a Harrier.
---
Xbox Live gamertag: ChocolateCatFat
#3MetaIGearRexPosted 10/14/2012 4:32:29 PM
I'm also curious about the 10 sec damage bonus. Anybody know if it works when I cloak cancel with overload? Does it work if I just overload out of cloak?
#4SushiSquidPosted 10/14/2012 4:46:21 PM(edited)
Turn on Tactical Cloak. For 10 seconds from activation, all damage with assault rifles is multiplied by 1.2. Cloak's 80% bonus to base weapon damage lasts for the first shot fired and 2 seconds after it ends.

Overload is incredibly useful and I can't imagine why anyone would drop it. It has a x3 multiplier against shields and barrier, letting it rip them apart. Additionally, Neural Shock doubles all damage it causes against organics, meaning you can do x6 damage to Phantom barriers with it. It's very useful to have.

My Turian Ghost is a 6/6/6/6/6 build due to a glitch, but I was using 6/6/3/5/6 before that and I think it's the best legitimate build. Basically, play something like a Salarian Infiltrator, but with a Saber instead of a sniper rifle. Use Overload every Tactical Cloak for added damage. Stimulant Pack can buffer shields temporarily, recover them in a pinch, and also provides a brief window of immunity to damage like a shield/health gate does.

You could also leave Fitness at 3 to max Stimulant Pack instead, but I find greater permanent defense is more useful than greater temporary defense. Certainly don't ever drop Overload though. The added damage from having it is impressive.

Perhaps the best legitimate build is:
http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#46ORDGRI9@0FE@@E4D4@0@0

Shield Damage just increases Overload's x3 multiplier to shields and barriers to x4. A chain on Overload is very useful, but the secondary chain is at greatly diminished damage beyond even what it says, so you can skip that and grab Damage for the first evolution choice. The difference to shields/barriers between Damage-Neural Shock-Chain and Chain-Neural Shock- Shield Damage is small, and the former does more to health and armor, so it's the better option/

Although you're not building for melee damage, don't forget you have that heavy melee. It's an AoE with a small 2 or 3 meter range and huge force, enough to knock over unprotected enemies. It also has incredible damage resistance while used. Melee Damage on Tactical Cloak lets you use it in a pinch or as a close-range finisher.

Stims are a great backup for healing. They're more reliable than actual Ops Survival Packs and can be used more frequently. Don't be stupid and these will let you survive otherwise impossible situations.

The build I use is this:
http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#46ORRLRI0@0FC@@@0@0@0@0
#5X_Dark_Side_X(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2012 4:43:32 PM
SushiSquid posted...
Turn on Tactical Cloak. For 10 seconds from activation, all damage with assault rifles is multiplied by 1.2. Cloak's 80% bonus to base weapon damage lasts for the first shot fired and 2 seconds after it ends.

So like i was saying, even after i decloak i still have the 20% damage bonus for the rest of the seconds right?
---
#6SushiSquidPosted 10/14/2012 4:45:16 PM
Yeah. Cloak only lasts 2 seconds. This lasts 10 seconds.

Also, it's a multiplier, not a boost to base damage. Remember that.
#7JumpingHornetPosted 10/14/2012 4:46:33 PM
SushiSquid posted...

Overload is incredibly useful and I can't imagine why anyone would drop it. It has a x3 multiplier against shields and barrier, letting it rip them apart. Additionally, Neural Shock doubles all damage it causes against organics, meaning you can do x6 damage to Phantom barriers with it. It's very useful to have.

My Turian Ghost is a 6/6/6/6/6 build due to a glitch, but I was using 6/6/3/5/6 before that and I think it's the best legitimate build. Basically, play something like a Salarian Infiltrator, but with a Saber instead of a sniper rifle. Use Overload every Tactical Cloak for added damage. Stimulant Pack can buffer shields temporarily, recover them in a pinch, and also provides a brief window of immunity to damage like a shield/health gate does.

You could also leave Fitness at 3 to max Stimulant Pack instead, but I find greater permanent defense is more useful than greater temporary defense. Certainly don't ever drop Overload though. The added damage from having it is impressive.

Perhaps the best legitimate build is:
http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#46ORDGRI9@0FE@@E4D4@0@0

Shield Damage just increases Overload's x3 multiplier to shields and barriers to x4. A chain on Overload is very useful, but the secondary chain is at greatly diminished damage beyond even what it says, so you can skip that and grab Damage for the first evolution choice. The difference to shields/barriers between Damage-Neural Shock-Chain and Chain-Neural Shock- Shield Damage is small, and the former does more to health and armor, so it's the better option/

Although you're not building for melee damage, don't forget you have that heavy melee. It's an AoE with a small 2 or 3 meter range and huge force, enough to knock over unprotected enemies. It also has incredible damage resistance while used. Melee Damage on Tactical Cloak lets you use it in a pinch or as a close-range finisher.

Stims are a great backup for healing. They're more reliable than actual Ops Survival Packs and can be used more frequently. Don't be stupid and these will let you survive otherwise impossible situations.

How did that glitch happen? lol

I had a glitch on my Demolisher (sill there actually) where she never resets her powers after a promotion. She is stuck at 66660. I've tried resetting her powers, and promoted twice, but she never gains or loses anything. And the extra points stay at -21.
---
http://i.imgur.com/d3vRo.gif
http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/jackalope/IMG_1343-001.jpg
#8SushiSquidPosted 10/14/2012 4:48:33 PM
My Ghost was at level 18 and I got the final character card for him to unlock light colors. This brought him to level 19. For some reason it refunded all my points even though it kept them spent. I used a Reset Powers card to have hundreds of points, then maxed everything with the exact built I wanted. Later it "corrected" itself so I now have everything maxed and -21 points.
#9JumpingHornetPosted 10/14/2012 4:50:40 PM
SushiSquid posted...
My Ghost was at level 18 and I got the final character card for him to unlock light colors. This brought him to level 19. For some reason it refunded all my points even though it kept them spent. I used a Reset Powers card to have hundreds of points, then maxed everything with the exact built I wanted. Later it "corrected" itself so I now have everything maxed and -21 points.

Damn, lucky man.
---
http://i.imgur.com/d3vRo.gif
http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/jackalope/IMG_1343-001.jpg
#10X_Dark_Side_X(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2012 4:51:46 PM
Thanks for the answers. A side note, does Chain Overload stack? I mean if I put chain overload at level 4 it will hit a second close enemy, then if i ALSO spend the point on Chain Overload at level 6 will it hit a third enemy or it only hits up to 2?

Thanks.
---