Why oh Harrier Why?

#21lunassassinPosted 11/2/2012 11:57:45 PM
Harrier is very flexible just low ammo great on geth eng.
---
Alt Player ID: 2273147527
Main player I'd 1545601455
#22kungfuj0Posted 11/3/2012 12:46:05 AM
My harrier is at VI, but I don't like it all that much.

The gun is a big tease, IMO. It does great damage and all, but with such a low ammo count, it just runs out waay too fast, even with the ammo-boosting gear. Many of the other guns give you somewhere between 7-10 extra clips of ammo. My harrier at VI only gives me 4.5 clips (20 in the mag, 91 total on a normal character with no gear).

I don't know how much ammo the gun gives you at X, but I'm going to guess that it isn't double, and double is probably what the thing needs. I wouldn't even care if they increased the weight of it. Just give me enough bullets to make the thing not as frustrating as it can be sometimes.

With most guns that I have, I can make it through an entire wave of silver without hitting an ammo box once. On gold, I might have to hit an ammo box once or twice with most guns, but with the harrier, i'm going ot have to get ammo a few times, even on silver. On gold, if I I am using the harrier, I either want a demolisher who can supply her own ammo, or I want to be an infiltrator so I can sneak my way to an ammo box when I need it. Either that or I want to be on Glacier, where I'm always on the move anyway.

Bottom line, it's a good gun that would be a great gun if they didn't castrate it by giving it such a low ammo count.
---
Alabama Crimson Tide: 2011-12 National Champions.
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
#23SeishoumaruPosted 11/3/2012 1:37:21 AM
It's a way of balancing it, it would be OP if it had 400 rounds like the Typhoon.

Oh and the Black Widow was my first N7 unlock. I thought it was harder to get the normal Widow lol. Now several months later the BW is lvl II while I've got most gold weapons to X.

The Typhon was the last weapon I unlocked, I like it much better than the Harrier.
#24overkill_78Posted 11/3/2012 3:04:33 AM
I just got Harrier IX tonight.
---
Change your name, change your eyes, become the one who I despise.
Gamertag: Nevik overkill
#25Evil EngelPosted 11/3/2012 4:02:05 AM
Harrier is great but it's got problems too. Not very accurate at medium range. It's pretty heavy but that's not what kills it for a lot of my set ups. It's ammo is just nonexistent. Since it's so light on ammo I usually need another weapon to go along with it which becomes a problem is I want to focus on powers which basically relegates the harrier to use with my weapon only set ups. Batarians and gear can help off set the ammo a bit but not by very much. Still love it though, one standard clip can kill most things at close range.
---
http://www.afternoontiger.com - my naruto page
http://www.dimipapa.com - my homepage
#26Jedi_MercenaryPosted 11/3/2012 6:07:54 AM
The Harrier is completely overpowered as it is, if it got more ammo, would you ever use lesser guns again? Since the ammo problem can easily be fixed by having a second weapon like a Hurricane or an Eagle depending on how much you will rely on powers, it is quite broken. Never understood people who would go into the field with one gun when you can get a sidearm for like 2-3 points of cooldown.
---
Random Salarian soldier walks into Udina's office. Salarian: "I would like to know more about human culture". Udina: "We humans are..."
#27DC_Trog90Posted 11/3/2012 6:08:04 AM
I love when people think their chance increases with N7 rank.
---
GT: DCTrog90
I'm Garrus Vakarian, and this is now my favorite spot on the citadel!
#28AnonyMouseXPosted 11/3/2012 6:22:02 AM
themissingman posted...
Nafzger posted...
My N7 rank is somewhere between 1400 and 1500, and I have a Harrier VIII. I got the Harrier VII on Tuesday, and the Harrier VIII on Wednesday.

Me and my Harrier II still hate you. I would trade all 10 of my Indras for two Harrier upgrades.

You have an Indra X and you're complaining about not having a ****ing harrier? I'd gladly fork over my harrier II for the last four ranks of an indra. Harrier is boring as hell and is a crutch for bad builds, or OP on good builds. I'm so sick of seeing this gun everywhere. Amazing it hasn't been nerfed, based on Bioware's nerf policy.
#29LogectivePosted 11/3/2012 6:30:34 AM
MattFoley posted...
I have been playing this game for a while. My N7 rank is 1808 and I have bought a lot of packs. Yet for the love of God, I cannot get the stupid Harrier. Javelin VII, for sure. Paladin, yep. The list goes on and on. But no Harrier. What do I have to do Bioware to get a Harrier I?

I got mine late. N7 has nothing to do with it.
#30themissingmanPosted 11/3/2012 8:48:41 PM
AnonyMouseX posted...
themissingman posted...
Nafzger posted...
My N7 rank is somewhere between 1400 and 1500, and I have a Harrier VIII. I got the Harrier VII on Tuesday, and the Harrier VIII on Wednesday.

Me and my Harrier II still hate you. I would trade all 10 of my Indras for two Harrier upgrades.

You have an Indra X and you're complaining about not having a ****ing harrier? I'd gladly fork over my harrier II for the last four ranks of an indra. Harrier is boring as hell and is a crutch for bad builds, or OP on good builds. I'm so sick of seeing this gun everywhere. Amazing it hasn't been nerfed, based on Bioware's nerf policy.

I have it on two classes. My Indra on none. I know people like the thing, but... I don't. Alas.
---
Handsome Jack 2012
X-Box Live Gamertag: GandalfTheGreen