Rate the Power: Shield Boost

#51Enemy_AC130Posted 11/4/2012 9:16:08 AM
BitterBear posted...
Enemy_AC130 posted...
why would I need to refill my shields if they never go down when I try hard

Obvious troll is obvious.

Shield Boost gets a 9/10 for me. It's fantastic. There's nothing better for keeping a team up when being overran or during hard objectives. However, considering the range requirement it's only as useful as your teammates are good. With a coordinated group you're basically invulnerable. With a group of tryhards like AC130 up there, it's still good but it loses a lot of its efficiency. Also, this ability is the reason why Volus can get away with such low starting Health and Shields. Well, this and the shield/health gates.

You called me a troll and then admitted my point was valid. Are you serious right now?
---
Greatest STP of all time: http://i52.tinypic.com/2nv4g3m.jpg
I'm a **** wit
#52BitterBearPosted 11/4/2012 9:36:28 AM
Enemy_AC130 posted...
You called me a troll and then admitted my point was valid. Are you serious right now?

Uh, I admitted that, to maximize efficiency, you need a coordinated team. It doesn't change the point that you're severely underrating a power that can single-handedly swing games. Much like Stim Pack. Your logic is laughable at best.

I'm saying you're a troll by claiming your shields never go down. I suppose if you're an Infiltrator sniper that never assists with objectives or revives a downed teammate then your shields won't go down. Maybe. But who wants to play with that guy? No, you're either lying or just a bad player who contributes little to the team. Or both.
#53DoctorTurkPosted 11/4/2012 9:38:05 AM
gary rarely does contribute.. it's usually me or donkey

ahem

anyways...

multiparagraph posting!!!!
---
doctor turk 4 president
#54Enemy_AC130Posted 11/4/2012 9:39:44 AM(edited)
BitterBear posted...
Enemy_AC130 posted...

Uh, I admitted that, to maximize efficiency, you need a coordinated team. It doesn't change the point that you're severely underrating a power that can single-handedly swing games. Much like Stim Pack. Your logic is laughable at best.

I'm saying you're a troll by claiming your shields never go down. I suppose if you're an Infiltrator sniper that never assists with objectives or revives a downed teammate then your shields won't go down. Maybe. But who wants to play with that guy? No, you're either lying or just a bad player who contributes little to the team. Or both.

Shield Boost is not a power that maximizes efficiency. My opinion is that Shield Boost is bad because of that.

And when I said my shields don't go down when I try, I meant all the way down.

DoctorTurk posted...
gary rarely does contribute.. it's usually me or donkey

ahem

anyways...

multiparagraph posting!!!!

lol
---
I'm a **** wit
#55BitterBearPosted 11/4/2012 9:46:11 AM
And you see no benefit to powers that let you circumvent the recharge time? More uptime for damage is pretty good.
#56donkeyofdestinyPosted 11/4/2012 9:49:42 AM
Enemy_AC130 posted...

Because I chase you down with my Volus.

If I don't you die.

ALOT

You suck...

Bye.

:)
---
So I just bought a roast beef sandwich with carmalized onions. There is no roast beef on this sandwich. - Number4429
gt/psn: DonkeyOfDestiny
#57Enemy_AC130Posted 11/4/2012 10:27:38 AM(edited)
BitterBear posted...
And you see no benefit to powers that let you circumvent the recharge time? More uptime for damage is pretty good.

recharge time = useless just get dat shield gate.

donkeyofdestiny posted...
Enemy_AC130 posted...

Because I chase you down with my Volus.

If I don't you die.

ALOT

You suck...

Bye.

:)

lol
---
I'm a **** wit
#58Talon5967Posted 11/4/2012 9:58:53 AM
donkeyofdestiny posted...
Enemy_AC130 posted...
Enemy_AC130 posted...
3/10 piece of garbage, why would I need to refill my shields if they never go down when I try hard

The same logic from stimulant pack applies here.

4/10 because it's better than stim packs

Do I have to point out how badly you need shield restoring powers again?

On topic:

1/10

My teammates suddenly forget how to dodge the instant they see I am a Volus...

Don't blame the poor volus for the stupidity of other players. It's not his fault they're idiots.

I'll say 9/10, because it makes me feel I'm letting the team down if I use other powers.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
Gamertag: Talon Omega