*SPOILER* Omega DLC female turian

#31PsyrenCallPosted 11/5/2012 11:05:19 PM
Apl_J posted...
Makes sense, when you consider avian species. The males tend to be more aesthetically complex than the females, peacocks instantly come to mind.

I was honestly expecting them to go full fan-service and get a sexied up Garrus clone with giant boobs, but I'm pleasantly surprised. Kudos, BioWare.

They wouldn't have been able to get away with it, as they already showed a female Turian in one of the myriad of terrible comic mini-series prior to ME3. It was very similar to the one shown in this thread, with very traditionally female characteristics. If they'd tried to get away with it, people would have complained, and BioWare has hopefully learned they have a fan base that loves to complain and to do it loudly.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#32Apl_JPosted 11/5/2012 11:10:34 PM
PsyrenCall posted...
Apl_J posted...
Makes sense, when you consider avian species. The males tend to be more aesthetically complex than the females, peacocks instantly come to mind.

I was honestly expecting them to go full fan-service and get a sexied up Garrus clone with giant boobs, but I'm pleasantly surprised. Kudos, BioWare.

They wouldn't have been able to get away with it, as they already showed a female Turian in one of the myriad of terrible comic mini-series prior to ME3. It was very similar to the one shown in this thread, with very traditionally female characteristics. If they'd tried to get away with it, people would have complained, and BioWare has hopefully learned they have a fan base that loves to complain and to do it loudly.

That was that individual artist's creative representation of a Female Turian, BioWare actually had little to do with that. Either way, I'm glad they ended up making them look this way.
#33PsyrenCallPosted 11/5/2012 11:15:41 PM
Apl_J posted...
PsyrenCall posted...
Apl_J posted...

That was that individual artist's creative representation of a Female Turian, BioWare actually had little to do with that. Either way, I'm glad they ended up making them look this way.

The comic was written by Mac Walters, BioWare was involved in the creation process, and they wouldn't allow a female Turian in it without their input. Unless you have something to back that up, when BioWare was involved with the series every step of the way, then you're wrong.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#34SinisterSamuraiPosted 11/6/2012 12:53:36 AM
PsyrenCall posted...
Apl_J posted...
PsyrenCall posted...

The comic was written by Mac Walters, BioWare was involved in the creation process, and they wouldn't allow a female Turian in it without their input. Unless you have something to back that up, when BioWare was involved with the series every step of the way, then you're wrong.

It wouldn't be the first time a major video game series has retconned it's comics. There is very little required to claim being "involved in the creative process." Deception is proof that Mass Effect narrative peripherals aren't immune to continuity BS, either.
---
I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin, or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension.
#35Lv100RedChocoboPosted 11/6/2012 5:43:21 AM
I'd bang her too.

With bullets.

And spiked clubs.

And missiles.
---
Phantom Brave: The Hermaphrodite Triangle.