Don't buy OMega DLC. It's not worth it as it turns out:

#11PsyrenCallPosted 11/7/2012 11:11:35 AM
Wait, the Normandy crew isn't in it at all? What the ****?
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#12MurphysGhostPosted 11/7/2012 11:19:51 AM
PsyrenCall posted...
Wait, the Normandy crew isn't in it at all? What the ****?

It sounds as though Shepard travels with Aria to Omega on a different ship... why they wouldn't use the Normandy, the perfect infiltration vessel, I dunno, hopefully there's a good reason for it.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#13PsyrenCallPosted 11/7/2012 11:25:50 AM
So, let me get this straight. It's an Aria fest, it's aaaaall about Aria, Aria, Aria, and some random Turian woman. She isn't a permanent party member, she's not going to get much development as a result... So we're left with four hours of DLC centered on one of the worst characters in the entire franchise? I'm sorry, but I'm not paying 1200 XBLA points to spend four hours with BioWare's beloved Mary Sue.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#14orangeneePosted 11/7/2012 11:26:06 AM
There was nothing to do there in ME 2. Plus 4 hours IS twice as long as Leviathan.

Aria isn't the romance type, no idea about the surprise there.

That said, 1200 points is a little rich.
---
Official Official of the Official board!!!
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#15Hydroflame20Posted 11/7/2012 11:29:07 AM
NS_RegentPark posted...
pcmike2 posted...
Forget buying this dlc you guys. Everything we hoped for isn't in the dlc:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-07-back-to-omega-aria-and-nyreen-mass-effects-first-female-turian-star-in-4-hour-dlc

From the aritcle:
- We CAN'T romace aria OR the female Turian: Nyreen
- Nyreen is a TEMPORARY squadmate
- The hub won't be revistable AFTER the dlc
- No normandy crew at all
- Only 4 hours long

.....I thought it was supposed to be 2x the size of leviathan.

....Might as well spend my msp on skyrim dragonborn dlc. At least we get a huge area to revist there.

- LOL @ people who actually thought you can romance Aria.
- Nyreen is a temp. squadmate a la LOTSB - this was an inevitability. Same goes for Aria, she's temp as well.
- Of course it won't be vistable. THERE'S A ****ING WAR GOING ON, THERE'S NOTHING TO DO THERE
- :(
- That's pretty good DLC...4hours...better than that **** Skyrim

lol I laughed at the romancing Aria like really people I mean try to come back to reality hear why some people just keep setting themselves up idk why but it sounds good.
---
That which you know as Reapers are your salvation through destruction.
#16Rafficus_IIIPosted 11/7/2012 11:39:56 AM
NS_RegentPark posted...

So.... I bought Dawnguard about a month ago.... sooooo not worth the cost. I kicked myself for doing it. You get nice stuff and it's meaty, but not worth $20. I wonder how this will affect the ending; not talking about large scale things, mostly just small like what Leviathan did and war assets.
---
GT: BigRaff87
#17BitterBearPosted 11/7/2012 11:46:08 AM
I wasn't planning on buying it as it's a function of the single player campaign. The ending turned me off to all past and future ME single player experiences completely. But thanks for the heads-up!
#18pcmike2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 11:48:17 AM
NS_RegentPark posted...
pcmike2 posted...
Forget buying this dlc you guys. Everything we hoped for isn't in the dlc:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-07-back-to-omega-aria-and-nyreen-mass-effects-first-female-turian-star-in-4-hour-dlc

From the aritcle:
- We CAN'T romace aria OR the female Turian: Nyreen
- Nyreen is a TEMPORARY squadmate
- The hub won't be revistable AFTER the dlc
- No normandy crew at all
- Only 4 hours long

.....I thought it was supposed to be 2x the size of leviathan.

....Might as well spend my msp on skyrim dragonborn dlc. At least we get a huge area to revist there.

- LOL @ people who actually thought you can romance Aria.
- Nyreen is a temp. squadmate a la LOTSB - this was an inevitability. Same goes for Aria, she's temp as well.
- Of course it won't be vistable. THERE'S A ****ING WAR GOING ON, THERE'S NOTHING TO DO THERE
- :(

Nowhere did it say that Nyreene not being a squadmate was "inevitable. People have been asking for a new squadmember. We get a glimps of a turian female as a new squad buddy in a new dlc, what are people going to think?

And with your logic of "there's a war going on" then why bother going to omega in the first place. If we're going to do that, Bioware may as well fleshed a hub world out.

how is skyrim ****? I like the exploration the game provides, if that's **** to you, you must like linear games too much but I can respect that.
---
SSBB FC:0946-1920-8546
#19XenoSuikodenPosted 11/7/2012 11:56:18 AM(edited)
They said during the live stream demo that you can break Omega #1 Rule. Take that for what its worth.

Start around the 33:20 mark.

http://www.twitch.tv/bioware/b/338467865
#20Tbx66Posted 11/7/2012 11:55:18 AM
Not romance her. Just bang her, and then put a bullet in her skull.
---
"You assume i give a damn. That's cute."