Don't buy OMega DLC. It's not worth it as it turns out:

#31SinisterSamuraiPosted 11/7/2012 1:15:53 PM
PsyrenCall posted...
So, let me get this straight. It's an Aria fest, it's aaaaall about Aria, Aria, Aria, and some random Turian woman. She isn't a permanent party member, she's not going to get much development as a result... So we're left with four hours of DLC centered on one of the worst characters in the entire franchise? I'm sorry, but I'm not paying 1200 XBLA points to spend four hours with BioWare's beloved Mary Sue.

Shepard.
---
I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin, or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension.
#32mixedlionPosted 11/7/2012 1:16:37 PM
luminaireultima posted...
luminaireultima posted...
whatnow12012 posted...
2. All the romances have already been iniiated or started at this point why would you want one with Aria or Fem-Turian, like people say there is a battle going on you wouldnt have time for a new romance.

Steve Cortez and Samantha Traynor

Forgot to add Jessica Chobot's character

You're not forgetting anyone, trust me
---
Awaiting: Injustice: Gods Among Us, Dragon Age Inquisition, Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Ascend: New Gods
I support Black Canary for Injustice: Gods Among Us
#33manonfiyaPosted 11/7/2012 1:23:00 PM
Gotta admit I came in this topic w/Flame sword in hand..but I kinda agree "/

1st. How exactly does Javik make your squad "full strength"? What does that even mean? Lol

Anyway the squad has been the sore spot for me in this game, yea you had to hack it down from the previous one...but we can't even get a 2nd Dlc full squadmate like ME2? Pretty sad, out of what.. 7 squadmates only 3 had any character development (2 of them somewhat interesting) the rest were the same as when you left them.

Having new party members is what makes extra run throughs interesting, seeing their interactions, personality etc. Temps arent much more than background NPCs. Up until now I've been for buying all ME related DLC, sadly this might get skipped..they poked a pressure point on me for this one.
#34BluntGruntPosted 11/7/2012 1:30:20 PM
Sounds good to me. Now I'm definitely buying it.
---
?????
#35maturin1919Posted 11/7/2012 1:31:07 PM
That's nice and all, but I'm going to buy it just like I bought every other Mass Effect related DLC.
---
'It's called a compound fracture, rapist. It'll never heal. Not right it won't. Not nearly right. You'll remember me every time the air goes wet and cold.'
#36biohazard151Posted 11/7/2012 1:44:57 PM
Maybe if it ever goes on sale...Im not saying its junk, but for $15 (which is pricey for 4.5 hours) I would have liked a little bit more than the self contained dlc, many of you have already mentioned what some of that is.

I do feel like it will be an interesting dlc though, who thinks its going to come down to aria vs nyreen for the queen of omega? I can see it coming, theyre both mercs after all.
---
"What is great in man is that he is a bridge and not an end"
#37Trigger_MonkeyPosted 11/7/2012 1:47:17 PM
NS_RegentPark posted...
pcmike2 posted...
Forget buying this dlc you guys. Everything we hoped for isn't in the dlc:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-07-back-to-omega-aria-and-nyreen-mass-effects-first-female-turian-star-in-4-hour-dlc

From the aritcle:
- We CAN'T romace aria OR the female Turian: Nyreen
- Nyreen is a TEMPORARY squadmate
- The hub won't be revistable AFTER the dlc
- No normandy crew at all
- Only 4 hours long

.....I thought it was supposed to be 2x the size of leviathan.

....Might as well spend my msp on skyrim dragonborn dlc. At least we get a huge area to revist there.

- LOL @ people who actually thought you can romance Aria.
- Nyreen is a temp. squadmate a la LOTSB - this was an inevitability. Same goes for Aria, she's temp as well.
- Of course it won't be vistable. THERE'S A ****ING WAR GOING ON, THERE'S NOTHING TO DO THERE
- :(
- That's pretty good DLC...4hours...better than that **** Skyrim

This.
---
This signature will not be changed until a Deadpool movie is released.
#38PsyrenCallPosted 11/7/2012 2:32:36 PM
SinisterSamurai posted...
PsyrenCall posted...
So, let me get this straight. It's an Aria fest, it's aaaaall about Aria, Aria, Aria, and some random Turian woman. She isn't a permanent party member, she's not going to get much development as a result... So we're left with four hours of DLC centered on one of the worst characters in the entire franchise? I'm sorry, but I'm not paying 1200 XBLA points to spend four hours with BioWare's beloved Mary Sue.

Shepard.

Is not enough to make it any less of four hours devoted to Aria, or did you miss how you're not even able to talk back to her in all of ME2 and you basically spend those conversations being talked at instead of talked to?
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#39Pawkie07Posted 11/7/2012 2:50:26 PM
- Not taking Aria into the main game
- The hub won't be revistable AFTER the dlc

Are the only cons I really see after reading that article. I'll pick this up at some point when I do a ME play thru again.
#40whatnow12012Posted 11/7/2012 3:42:15 PM
I will get the DLC done had it planed looks awesome but I will not have mine until December sucks I have to wait.

Broke right now done spent my money so I have to wait a full month to play the DLC.

Guess I can replay or do other games for the time being.

OMG DA Inquistion looks friggin sweet, Flemeth is back, 10x bigger levels than anything seen in DA 2, longest game ever in Dev.

The Inquistion Order nough said.