weapon mods

#1ArandomthoughtPosted 11/9/2012 4:28:19 PM
Thought it was fantastic that they actually appear on the weapons in-game.

Some noobish questions

1: Do any of you guys know if it's worth maxing out the commons, or should I just start shooting for uncommons and rares?

2:How much of a difference do they make in game? Is it extremely noticeable?
---
Rob ign: rlee1988
Xbox live: rlee1988
#2Rafficus_IIIPosted 11/9/2012 4:30:38 PM
I'm assuming this is for MP, right? Basically, I'd advise you to find you niche class and weapon, buy a few Vet packs to have a decent load out and characters, and when you feel comfortable go the the SP's and PSP's. I wouldn't invest in recruit packs at all.
---
GT: BigRaff87
#3Arandomthought(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 4:36:21 PM
I've dabbled in gold and platinum, but looking at my manifest(gt is rlee1988 if you want to see) I don't really have much at all. Think I've gotten almost all I can out of the recruit packs except for the upgrades. I should just stop getting the recruit packs at this point?
---
#4Rafficus_IIIPosted 11/9/2012 4:41:17 PM
Arandomthought posted...
I've dabbled in gold and platinum, but looking at my manifest(gt is rlee1988 if you want to see) I don't really have much at all. Think I've gotten almost all I can out of the recruit packs except for the upgrades. I should just stop getting the recruit packs at this point?

Yeah, they're not going to do you much good as you practically get commons and uncommons in SP and PSP's so you're kinda working on all three in a sense. Plus, it's better to have more efficient weapons and a diverse selection of characters.
---
#5Arandomthought(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 4:48:55 PM(edited)
That I did not know. Also, any tips on getting some good gear? I've gotten a couple lvl 1s, and 1 lvl 2. I initially thought you only got commons from recruits, uncommons from vets, rares and up from sp, and psp.

any idea how to get any of the promo weapons?
#6Rafficus_IIIPosted 11/9/2012 4:52:41 PM
Arandomthought posted...
That I did not know. Also, any tips on getting some good gear? I've gotten a couple lvl 1s, and 1 lvl 2. I initially thought you only got commons from recruits, uncommons from vets, rares and up from sp, and psp.

any idea how to get any of the promo weapons?

Promo weapons are exclusive to achieving the accomplishments. This weekend's is 75k points via anything that burns; carnage, flamer, incinerate. Good gear usually comes with SP's and PSP's. I'd stick with SP's for now as their cheaper. The uncommons have good weapons like the Mattock and Phaeston. Other than that, it's all up to the RNG.
---
#7eX CalmunePosted 11/9/2012 4:53:14 PM
Promo weapons require doing the weekend events
#8Arandomthought(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 5:00:59 PM
Awesome. I unlocked the geth trooper so the burn damage is going to be easy. Thanks for the help guys!
---
#9Safer_777Posted 11/9/2012 5:02:52 PM
Well you don't have almost anything and it makes sense.I will say what I believe it is right.Buy only Veteran Packs until you have maxed your uncommon.I did that and I even got 7 Rares and 1 UR.Got half the N7 characters too.This was in August.You can try to go for Spectre Packs if you want but I don't suggest that.
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~
#10Arandomthought(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 5:08:44 PM
Ok, I think that's what I'll do for the time being then.
---