What's your commonly used secondary weapon?

#11MegaBeast07Posted 11/9/2012 5:36:32 PM
DoctorTurk posted...
only class i use secondaries on are classes with weight not mattering

Me too, but when i still want a decent cooldown, i bring a decent pistol or a hurricane.
---
GT-DeathDealer 78 The "L" is an uppercase i
PSN-NorgTheButcher
#12BitterBearPosted 11/9/2012 5:41:52 PM
I've been running Acolyte + Hurricane (ULM, HVB) on caster classes lately.
#13big_lo1836Posted 11/9/2012 5:45:03 PM
DuneMan posted...
Eh, as long as you have a 17-19 second cooldown for your Pylon, equip whatever you want for your Demolisher. :P

My demo can get 6 grenades over the course of 14 seconds because I keep my cool down manageable. While you can be effective with a long cool down, a shorter cool down is superior IMO. I don't care if I have to share grenades because I reproduce them so quickly. A long cool down makes for a stingy demo.
---
PSN: BrainiacBlue08
GT: Brainiac8
#14DuneManPosted 11/9/2012 5:54:14 PM
big_lo1836 posted...
DuneMan posted...
Eh, as long as you have a 17-19 second cooldown for your Pylon, equip whatever you want for your Demolisher. :P

My demo can get 6 grenades over the course of 14 seconds because I keep my cool down manageable. While you can be effective with a long cool down, a shorter cool down is superior IMO. I don't care if I have to share grenades because I reproduce them so quickly. A long cool down makes for a stingy demo.

Eh, at +200% cooldown you can replant the Pylon in 9 seconds. So in 18 seconds you can get 4 grenades.

But the Pylon automatically dumps grenades after 17 seconds. So you can still get 4 grenades in 18 seconds by replanting the Pylon every time you have your cooldown ready.

So you only need about +40% cooldown speed for the Demolisher. There's nothing stingy about it.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#15Gigant0pithecusPosted 11/9/2012 5:56:04 PM
I use the Acolyte X with ULM as my primary back-up on the classes that won't suffer from the little extra weight (Vorchinel, Krodept, Havoc, etc.) and the Claymore on the Krogan Sentinel.

I forget what two weapons I use on the N7 Destroyer because I don't play him much; I think a particle rifle and claymore.
---
XBL GT: Gigantopithecus
#16TysakasaPosted 11/9/2012 5:58:03 PM
Phalanx on most of my characters that I need some cooldown bonus for. A few (actually I think only my Volus) I use the Acolyte on.
#17xionnoixPosted 11/9/2012 5:58:37 PM
BitterBear posted...
I've been running Acolyte + Hurricane (ULM, HVB) on caster classes lately.

been trying this out as well.
---
baby fight: http://i.imgur.com/7f5zB.gif
#18fennell92Posted 11/9/2012 6:00:28 PM
I don't use a secondary. I feel weird switching weapons, as dumb as it is.
#19Hui_TianPosted 11/9/2012 6:02:22 PM
the stunner on my pistol
or the bayonet on my shotgun
#20kungfuj0Posted 11/9/2012 6:04:39 PM
Been runnin' the acolyte alot as a secondary lately, depending on class. And on some classes where the acolyte is my primary, I'll run the hurricane with ULM as a backup or for bosses.

Mostly, it just depends on class though. Some classes get no backup at all. I mainly just try to make sure I have all my bases covered. I want something that can handle phantoms at all times if my powers can't. And I want something that can deal with guardian shields if my powers can't. As long as I have those 2 things covered, I'm good.
---
Alabama Crimson Tide: 2011-12 National Champions.
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!