The most annoying/stupid part of the Mass Effect story

#11LilyxLightningPosted 11/14/2012 5:15:56 AM
The things which are outright stated to you yet were apparently so confusing that countless (read: a vocal minority) people constantly whine about them.
#12otakon2006Posted 11/14/2012 5:51:13 AM
Forcing that brat down our throats to elicit an emotional response. Still say the Virmire KIA and the voice of Saren would have made more sense from an emotional standpoint. Second goes to the Rachni; great job only letting one Asari see you but the Reaper's nabbed you anyway. Her or a clone, CHRIST that was a let down of elephantine proportions.
#13BitterBearPosted 11/14/2012 6:24:55 AM
Lv100RedChocobo posted...
It's close between the ending and Kai leng for me. I don't know which pissed me off more. . _.

Agreed. So much so that I can't decide which to vote for.
#14ShenGonPosted 11/14/2012 6:38:22 AM
LilyxLightning posted...
The things which are outright stated to you yet were apparently so confusing that countless (read: a vocal minority) people constantly whine about them.

This. Not to say that some of the things listed didn't annoy me, but if you are asking most annoying and most stupid...definitely this.
---
"Does Heaven wish us to destroy ourselves?"
Liu Bei, Kessen II
#15Vigeta11Posted 11/14/2012 6:39:19 AM
As much as I didn't like the council members, I would rather put up with them for three games than deal with their replacements. However, I would say the most annoying part for me was how full of himself Udina was in the second game when he is bad mouthing you for working with Cerberus. Then in the third game he betrays the entire council to do just that. What a dick.
#16Jstretch19Posted 11/14/2012 6:47:12 AM
Those are all annoying plot elements, but what bugged me the most was TIM pulling an army out of his ass.
---
You can't handle the Ception.
#17BitterBearPosted 11/14/2012 7:34:19 AM(edited)
Also, the list doesn't include how the Citadel seems to have the most ineffective counter-intrusion and self-defense capabilities of anything anywhere. I mean, after Saren you'd think the hub of Council space would have taken a few more security measures to prevent, you know, exactly the same thing happening again.
#18Rafficus_IIIPosted 11/14/2012 7:01:38 AM
I don't see the Joker/EDI romance that everyone on BSN wanted and then hated.
---
GT: BigRaff87
#19retep_onePosted 11/14/2012 7:08:24 AM
the crucible
---
PSN: Spectre0415
currently playing: tekken tag tournament 2, borderlands 2, nba 2k13, resident evil 6, skyrim
#20otakon2006Posted 11/14/2012 7:36:24 AM
BitterBear posted...
Also, the list didn't explain why the Citadel seems to have the most ineffective counter-intrusion and self-defense capabilities of anything anywhere. I mean, after Saren you'd think the hub of Council space would have taken a few more security measures to prevent, you know, exactly the same thing happening again.

Most of the Citadel fleet was wiped out by Soveign's sneak attack 4 years ago. It takes longer than that to rebuild the surplus forces that guarded the Citadel. Also, Cerberus spent time analyzing the unexplored sections of the Citadel during the second game I'm sure. Third, the Citadel was designed as a trap remember? The Reaper's never meant for it to be defendable by it's occupants. Sure the Council was too goddamn stupid to listen to the person screaming "The Reaper's are coming!" But they were written that way, not saying that was great writing however.