The most annoying/stupid part of the Mass Effect story

#31BitterBearPosted 11/14/2012 12:48:38 PM
moodyjm2 posted...
Kai Leng, TIM 3, and ofcourse Starchild.

TIM just pissed me off in 3...so now Shepard has to fight Cerberus AND the Reapers?

But he's indoctrinated! WHAT A TWIST!!!
#32NafzgerPosted 11/14/2012 12:48:40 PM
moodyjm2 posted...

TIM just pissed me off in 3...so now Shepard has to fight Cerberus AND the Reapers?

What they should have done (and I have no idea why they didn't do this), is made the player choose whether or not they wanted to work for Cerberus or the Alliance. Making Cerberus an enemy was completely stupid.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
Brutish tempers curbed by ten to twenty lashes.
#33moodyjm2Posted 11/14/2012 12:51:19 PM
BitterBear posted...
moodyjm2 posted...

But he's indoctrinated! WHAT A TWIST!!!

Who would have thought?!?!
---
GT: DragonSoundxSG
"This is a rock and roll takeover, living each day one night at a time."
#34phoenix52Posted 11/14/2012 12:52:59 PM
I voted for Aria. In all honesty, she annoys me more than anything else on the list. Kai Leng is a close second.
---
Its like having a knitting contest between the best regular old lady knitter in the world and a guy who's superpower is specifically to be the best knitter ever
#35BhelliumPosted 11/14/2012 1:02:21 PM
Aria is not a Mary Sue
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
#36Drophyd167bPosted 11/14/2012 1:39:36 PM
I voted TiM in Mass Effect 3 out of those options, but the stupidest plot element was easily the Reapers in Mass Effect 3.

The Citadel has the ability to shut down the entire Mass Relay network. It has been the Achilles' Heel of every previous cycle.
The current cycle sacrificed several fleets to take down a single Reaper attacking it and even then they only won because Space-Jesus showed up.

So what do the Reapers do upon entering the galaxy at the beginning of their cycle?

Why, they concentrate the bulk of their forces on a single planet, spreading the rest to random planets around the galaxy, whilst ignoring the Citadel of course!

And when the defences of that planet are crippled within minutes of their invasion, do they head off to do something else? No, they hang around the planet attempting to wipe out the remaining citizens who can in no way pose a threat to a single Reaper, let alone the entire armada.

Then, when they finally have the sense to reach the Citadel, do they shut down the Relay network? Nope, they're going to transport it to the completely crippled planet and then hang around some more.

They really should have left the arrival of the Reaper armada to the last possible moment (there could have been an advanced guard of Destroyers for missions such as Rannoch), and the final battle was a dire attempt to defend the Citadel. Then the Reapers could have been perceived as a proper threat and not a groups of bumbling morons.
---
"If there are two kinds of people I abhor most in life, it's egotists and hypocrites!" - drophyd167b
#37BitterBearPosted 11/14/2012 1:50:57 PM(edited)
drophyd167b posted...
I voted TiM in Mass Effect 3 out of those options, but the stupidest plot element was easily the Reapers in Mass Effect 3.

The Citadel has the ability to shut down the entire Mass Relay network. It has been the Achilles' Heel of every previous cycle.
The current cycle sacrificed several fleets to take down a single Reaper attacking it and even then they only won because Space-Jesus showed up.

So what do the Reapers do upon entering the galaxy at the beginning of their cycle?

Why, they concentrate the bulk of their forces on a single planet, spreading the rest to random planets around the galaxy, whilst ignoring the Citadel of course!

And when the defences of that planet are crippled within minutes of their invasion, do they head off to do something else? No, they hang around the planet attempting to wipe out the remaining citizens who can in no way pose a threat to a single Reaper, let alone the entire armada.

Then, when they finally have the sense to reach the Citadel, do they shut down the Relay network? Nope, they're going to transport it to the completely crippled planet and then hang around some more.

They really should have left the arrival of the Reaper armada to the last possible moment (there could have been an advanced guard of Destroyers for missions such as Rannoch), and the final battle was a dire attempt to defend the Citadel. Then the Reapers could have been perceived as a proper threat and not a groups of bumbling morons.

I sorta' made all these points a page ago, but yeah, I agree. They're real dumb. TIM, Kai Leng, Cerberus are pretty stupid, too. And the fact that the entire plot hinges on an enormous asspull.

I just don't understand when people say ME3 was good right up until the end. It's a busted story from start to finish.
#38DestinPosted 11/14/2012 3:53:58 PM
BitterBear posted...
I just don't understand when people say ME3 was good right up until the end. It's a busted story from start to finish.

yup
---
Destin the Valiant
#39PraetorianGhostPosted 11/14/2012 6:35:32 PM
My ME3 experience can be summed up like this:

Mass Effect 3 is out!
Earth looks nice, aside from that little kid but whatever.
Hmm, Cerberus? Oh well, it is probably just a small force to take out a base, nothing lore breaking.
Wait a minute, why arn't people trying to do something and panicking that the doomsday machines are here, why is Cerberus so big now, why are the rachni that I exterminated back, and OH MY GAWD TUCHANKA.

And then it sort of coasted for abit, catching an updraft during the Rannoch missions, before piloting itself into a nosedive, straight into the ground.
---
You see my ninja? No? That's what I thought.
Certified Troll Whisperer.
#40NS_RegentParkPosted 11/14/2012 6:50:47 PM
Why does Udina have black hair
---
I'm pretty sure the Crucible was supposed to harness the dark energy of Haestrom to destroy the Reapers