I don't fully understand synthesis *ending spoilers*

#31Rogue_MercurialPosted 11/18/2012 3:10:40 PM
Pirateking2000 posted...
Ending would have been great if you can just go nuts take an AK-47 and go to town on Star Kid then proceed to use the Crucible to get a giant gurren lagann style mech to stomp the Reapers

yep best ending

Yep. Space lasers and mass effect shields have nothing against an AK47.
---
Mistakes have been made, others will be blamed.
#32alex1_2_3_4_5Posted 11/18/2012 4:07:03 PM
I'm sorry but if you really couldn't even find the right ending twice, maybe you should, I dunno, do something else. Something even less intellectually stimulating than easy to follow video game directions.
---
White FC: 0132 3012 2303
#33byron97Posted 11/18/2012 4:17:46 PM
TimJab posted...
Eyes turning green

Did i choose synthesis without realizing it?

EMBRACE PERFECTION.
#34TimJab(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 7:45:22 PM
alex1_2_3_4_5 posted...
I'm sorry but if you really couldn't even find the right ending twice, maybe you should, I dunno, do something else. Something even less intellectually stimulating than easy to follow video game directions.

I got it the second time just fine, but claiming it was intuitive the first time is crazy. You've spent 200 hours over the course of three games making every decision via the dialogue wheel and all of a sudden the biggest decision of the game is made without any direction on what you're supposed to do.
#35Rafficus_IIIPosted 11/18/2012 7:54:36 PM
No one does... but it's provocative and gets the people going...
---
GT: BigRaff87
#36alex1_2_3_4_5Posted 11/18/2012 8:22:17 PM
TimJab posted...
Literally can't tell which side is which

Why is this ending so poorly designed?

I went left and had to walk all the way back over to the right in ****ing slow motion

no trouble?
---
White FC: 0132 3012 2303
#37TimJab(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 11:26:04 PM
alex1_2_3_4_5 posted...
TimJab posted...

I went left and had to walk all the way back over to the right in ****ing slow motion

no trouble?

It's impossible to tell which is which without walking up to one, which takes forever, especially when its the wrong one. In fact, it's actually counter-intuitive because the destroy option is presented first and ends up on the right instead of the left, which would have made a lot more sense. As for synthesis, it's not even made remotely clear how you would choose that option.
#38megaultrarice34Posted 11/18/2012 11:41:14 PM
If you dislike your ending, you could always just load up the game's last autosave, assuming you have yet to start new-game+. It loads up to the point where you charge towards the Citadel teleport.
---
PSN: OceanSupermarket
#39SageOfLifePosted 11/19/2012 12:58:28 AM
TimJab posted...
alex1_2_3_4_5 posted...
TimJab posted...

no trouble?

It's impossible to tell which is which without walking up to one, which takes forever, especially when its the wrong one. In fact, it's actually counter-intuitive because the destroy option is presented first and ends up on the right instead of the left, which would have made a lot more sense. As for synthesis, it's not even made remotely clear how you would choose that option.

I had absolutely no trouble my first time. It might be because I paid attention.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#40iamdanthamanPosted 11/19/2012 1:27:08 AM
Obviously none of you were paying attention to Sovereign when he explained to you on Virmire that the reapers' motivations were beyond our comprehension. You weren't supposed to understand synthesis because you are just a simple minded organic. You will only understand when you have melded your flesh with machine to create a more perfect being.
---
All your base are belong to us