Do you allow level 1s in gold?

#11WatermelonFartsPosted 11/18/2012 2:01:08 PM
BitterBear posted...
Crunchyz posted...
If it's a random, hell no. I don't care if it's a guy with N7 9000+ and promoted his character 20 times with rank X weapons and using level IV mods. I'm not in the business of carrying every random idiot that wants to power-level his character. He brings a 15+ to the party or he's finding another group.

I sincerely doubt you'll be carrying someone using rank IV equipment and a decent weapon.

assuming he has the skill, it's entirely possible
#12LiveshiptraderPosted 11/18/2012 2:02:25 PM
Having a low level character in gold is sort of selfish and I've yet to see anyone try such a thing on anything above silver, 2 quick lower level runs can get you close to 10.
#13fennell92Posted 11/18/2012 2:16:08 PM
If I'm on a team with two other competent looking players, I don't mind a level 1 player regardless, even if it's N7 1. I almost never feel confident with a group from a random lobby though.
#14Safer_777Posted 11/18/2012 2:18:29 PM
Of course.Why kick someone?I don't get it.I prefer to leave,instead of kicking someone.The only time I have kicked someone is when I was in the gold lobby and a guy with N7 rank of 10 entered.So yeah.
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~
#15code_kirinPosted 11/18/2012 2:18:34 PM
BitterBear posted...
Yeah, I judge a player way more on weapons and equipment than on character level, N7, or challenge points. Level 20, Mantis VII and no equipment? Nope. Level 1, Harrier V, AP ammo, rail amp, cyclonic, and decent gear? Let's do this!

This. I haven't played silver in ages. Whenever I do promote I just bring out the good stuff for run n' gun on gold.

Frankly, I'd rather have a level 1 with level IV equipment and a good weapon than a level 20 with no equipment carrying a GPR. At least show me you know what you're doing.
#16jaso13_basicPosted 11/18/2012 2:23:30 PM
The community is half backwads. I'll seen UUP lobbies started with a N7 59, level 8 Fury Adepts with a Typhoon 1, but i'll be N7 2000 and I can't get an entire lobby with a Geth Trooper with a Harrier X. Anyway. In Gold, yes i'm kick a lv 1 out of sheer principal, IDC if they have Harrier XX.
---
Not changing this signature until John Morrison and Drew McIntyre wins the WWE/WHC Title: 10-09-09...which means never.
#17perfect_generalPosted 11/18/2012 2:36:34 PM
I don't kick anyone based on level or loadout, but I will likely not equip consumables.
---
"He who laughs last, doesn't get the joke"
#18GhostfeetPosted 11/18/2012 2:48:40 PM
I would find a new lobby.
---
"I drink and I smash because I love." ~ Rocko
XBL GT: DisposableDuck
#19twinstarnumber1Posted 11/18/2012 2:51:03 PM
Crunchyz posted...
If it's a random, hell no. I don't care if it's a guy with N7 9000+ and promoted his character 20 times with rank X weapons and using level IV mods. I'm not in the business of carrying every random idiot that wants to power-level his character. He brings a 15+ to the party or he's finding another group.

A good player can carry 3 useless players on gold. One player who may or may not be useful (at this point before you start the game you dont' know) isn't a big deal. 3 half way decent players can easily breeze through a gold game on their own let alone having a 4th who will draw aggro away from them. Seriously depending on the class the lvl isn't a big deal, and skill level always trumps class, lvl, and build. I regularly outscore higher lvl randoms that i play with.

All you need to do is take a look at what they're running and what gear they have. If it looks like they're trying to leach yeah kick, if they look like they have their stuff together why not let them stay. I never kick anyone though unless the rest of the group votes to kick first. If i don't like the way a group looks i'll just go to another room.
---
XBL Gamertag: Mydarkstar --- PSN: Mydarkstar
#20BhelliumPosted 11/18/2012 3:40:19 PM
Yep. Well, depending on class. Any infiltrator is still fine in my book, human vanguards and the like who REALLY need a decent level to be effective... well, I generally won't be the first vote to kick.
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference