Do you allow level 1s in gold?

#21Tbx66Posted 11/18/2012 5:04:31 PM
I don't care if your rank is 40,000, or what weapons you have. I won't vote to kick you first ( I don't like that ), but if the others don't, I'll just leave.
---
"You assume i give a damn. That's cute."
#22Jedi_MercenaryPosted 11/18/2012 5:21:15 PM
I would still vote to have that person kicked. S/he might now how to play, but I have failed enough Gold games with random people. When I tried to solo Gold I got to wave 5 with my Ghost, but he is just overpowered. I need teammates that can hold their own and you need some skills to carry a Gold lobby with a lvl. 1
---
Random Salarian soldier walks into Udina's office. Salarian: "I would like to know more about human culture". Udina: "We humans are..."
#23J_Can_ManPosted 11/18/2012 5:30:26 PM
I really don't care either way. If we all wipe on wave 3, then oh well. There's no penalty aside from shame, but people get so worked up over ME3 that it blows my mind. Rage quitting a co-op horde mode? What?
---
You have no idea 'bout me...do you?
#24BitterBearPosted 11/18/2012 5:41:55 PM
I guess I've just been lucky, but I almost always play gold with randoms and I almost always extract. So I guess I'm more forgiving of randoms since they've all seemed at least semi-competent. Granted, there's usually one person who's pretty obviously not contributing much (score of around 30k at game's end; even those players tend to help with objectives, though), but matches rarely get too bad.

Dunno' what to say. I can clutch a round if I have to, but I wouldn't consider myself a particularly skilled player, either, so I'm betting people are being generally better at the game than most people seem to want to admit.
#25Mr_PipboyPosted 11/18/2012 5:47:30 PM
I'll play with anyone, with almost any set-up once.

If in that game you show me you are a clueless mooch, I'll probably leave the lobby after the game is over.

If the person is helpful ... you know, kills things, revives, completes or assists in objectives, uses consumables when it is smart to do so, then I can forgive a lot.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net
#26GoldenSWarriors(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 8:10:06 PM
I just used a level 1 in gold earlier today without equipment and I died the least, revived the most, and got 2nd highest score. We got full extraction too. I don't think I would kick a lvl 1 unless they really looked like they were bad.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
My Krogan Rap: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995452-mass-effect-3/63422726
#27AnonyMouseXPosted 11/18/2012 8:29:04 PM(edited)
J_Can_Man posted...
I really don't care either way. If we all wipe on wave 3, then oh well. There's no penalty aside from shame, but people get so worked up over ME3 that it blows my mind. Rage quitting a co-op horde mode? What?

This post gives me the impression you:
(1) have ample time on your hands and don't mind having it wasted
(2) don't use equipment of any kind (amps, ammo, etc)
or
(3) don't use consumables (rockets, medigel, ops packs, clips)

I'm always at lvl 20, so I don't need the xp. I'm in it for the credits and some fun. Carrying randoms (usually) isn't fun. Wiping before the wave 10 payout isn't fun at all, since the credits scale in such a way that you only get pennies if you wipe before that. Wasting consumables on a team that doesn't care enough to level up before heading to gold isn't fun either.

Not every level 1 build is lousy, but it does tell me this person couldn't be bothered to do two or three silvers before coming up to gold and that doesn't sound like someone I care to play with.

X
#28Mr_arizonaPosted 11/18/2012 8:28:42 PM
Level 1 Human Vanguard with level 1 Avenger/Katana combo and no equipment N7 1.
LET'S DO THIS!!! (Runs into Gold or Platinum)
---
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif
#29manbearpig654Posted 11/18/2012 9:02:24 PM(edited)
Why wouldn't I? I've been doing it a lot lately.
---
Ah, yes! I was wondering what would break first! Your spirit...or your body.
#30find no fan tar seaPosted 11/18/2012 9:01:59 PM
Mr_Pipboy posted...
If the person is helpful ... you know, kills things, revives, completes or assists in objectives, uses consumables when it is smart to do so, then I can forgive a lot.

But you never forgive, NEVER FORGIVE. The made a few movies about you - 'the grudge' and 'the woman in black'.

:P

-
---
God, I have to work both sides of the street to pay that off!!