Do you allow level 1s in gold?

#31Lord of NightmaresPosted 11/18/2012 9:12:32 PM
Well, there was that promotion glitch from way back where your character would still have all his/her skills fully upgraded even at level 1, and this affected my Female Engineer through quite a few promotions.

Unfortunately, other players couldn't see this and so they kept kicking me out of Gold lobbies even though my N7 ranking was usually higher than theirs, although I performed just fine in the few matches that I was allowed to join (and they were probably puzzled as to why I seemed to be holding my own pretty well instead of going down instantly).

So yeah, ever since then, I've normally allowed players below level 10 to join Gold matches (to be fair though, I also look at their N7 rank and if it's 100 or above, I'll give them a chance), and other players don't usually seem to have a problem with it as well since we're usually playing for fun. More often than not in these instances, we've been able to complete the matches just fine, or at least get very close to the end, even against Collectors.
#32lunassassinPosted 11/18/2012 9:15:13 PM
Did a plat with a guy playing level 1 not hard
---
Alt Player ID: 2273147527
Main player I'd 1545601455
#33J_Can_ManPosted 11/18/2012 9:46:56 PM
Quote:J_Can_Man posted...
I really don't care either way. If we all wipe on wave 3, then oh well. There's no penalty aside from shame, but people get so worked up over ME3 that it blows my mind. Rage quitting a co-op horde mode? What?

This post gives me the impression you:
(1) have ample time on your hands and don't mind having it wasted
(2) don't use equipment of any kind (amps, ammo, etc)
or
(3) don't use consumables (rockets, medigel, ops packs, clips)

I'm always at lvl 20, so I don't need the xp. I'm in it for the credits and some fun. Carrying randoms (usually) isn't fun. Wiping before the wave 10 payout isn't fun at all, since the credits scale in such a way that you only get pennies if you wipe before that. Wasting consumables on a team that doesn't care enough to level up before heading to gold isn't fun either.

Not every level 1 build is lousy, but it does tell me this person couldn't be bothered to do two or three silvers before coming up to gold and that doesn't sound like someone I care to play with.

X

The equipment is what I didn't think of, I just kept thinking of consumables, which I'm sure everyone has droves of. The equipment being wasted does blow.

If we wipe on gold, which happens every so often, and I'm at least enjoying myself, then I don't care. If I at least make it to wave 7 I'm cool with it.

I just hate the Gold vanguards who get so cocky when they're tearing up the scoreboard, but die after every 3 kills. That's what will make me rage.
---
You have no idea 'bout me...do you?
#34GoldenSWarriors(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 9:58:43 PM
Lord of Nightmares posted...
Well, there was that promotion glitch from way back where your character would still have all his/her skills fully upgraded even at level 1, and this affected my Female Engineer through quite a few promotions.

Unfortunately, other players couldn't see this and so they kept kicking me out of Gold lobbies even though my N7 ranking was usually higher than theirs, although I performed just fine in the few matches that I was allowed to join (and they were probably puzzled as to why I seemed to be holding my own pretty well instead of going down instantly).

So yeah, ever since then, I've normally allowed players below level 10 to join Gold matches (to be fair though, I also look at their N7 rank and if it's 100 or above, I'll give them a chance), and other players don't usually seem to have a problem with it as well since we're usually playing for fun. More often than not in these instances, we've been able to complete the matches just fine, or at least get very close to the end, even against Collectors.

What you do is you go into a game with a lvl 20, ready up while at the character screen, then switch to your level 1 with 1 second left on the game timer.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
My Krogan Rap: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995452-mass-effect-3/63422726
#35Doubleglock18Posted 11/18/2012 10:08:43 PM
i won't kick anyone unless they are useless in the extreme and they have to prove that first. a new guy is dying alot, i won't kick him, but a new guy dies alot and does absolutely NOTHING. yea i'll kick.

a volus trying to be hero while we all need the shield boost? yea he's getting kicked, or i'll just change to volus. seriously play your part, or don't be the part you don't want to play. i'll gladly run around shield boosting galor for the creds and for the team.
---
Colt 45 and two zig-zags, Baby that's all we need
We can go to the park, after dark, smoke that tumbleweed!
#36kungfuj0Posted 11/18/2012 10:22:29 PM
For me, it depends on the situation.

If I know them, then no, I won't vote to kick.

If I don't know them, but I have what I think is a competent team, then no kick.

if I don't know them and my team is suspect, then I'll probably leave it up to the other 2 guys. If they kick, then I'll kick too. If they don't, I am more likely to let it ride.

it also depends on the weapons and map we're playing. If its Giant, and they have a sniper rifle equipped, then I'm more likely to let them stay, thinking that they'll just snipe and try to stay out of harm's way. If its UUG, then I may have a little more to say about it.

Also, as someone who has been known to enter gold with low-level characters, if/when I do that, I KNOW I won't be at my best, so I do what I can to stay out of the way while still helping the team. Level 1 kroguard can't do the same **** that level 20 kroguard can, so it would be completely and utterly stupid of me to even try to. What I would do there is just to try to do what I could when I could without putting the team at further risk. That is all I could ask of any of my teammates, and so it is what I would try to do for them.
---
Alabama Crimson Tide: 2011-12 National Champions.
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
#37ShinRaKnightPosted 11/18/2012 10:33:04 PM
Depends on the class in my book.

If it is more of a weapon dependent class and they have decent stuff equipped then I won't kick them.

But if it is a power dependent character, then I might. unless I know they can play well.
---
GT- Abyssal Shift
http://www.youtube.com/user/ShinRaKnight
#38OEIO999Posted 11/19/2012 1:19:04 AM
Sure, as long as their carrying proper heat. And Equipment's to back up their short-comings

On Plat however, no f***ing chance. Doesn't matter if your carrying a Harrier/Hurricane X. If i don't know you, you're just asking to be kicked
#39gobuffalo30Posted 11/19/2012 5:20:53 AM
Depends on the class, level of weapon, and what type of powers they're bringing to the table. I've seen people in Silver with a low N7 level with 1 level weapons and it was awful. On the other hand, I played with a level 20 human vanguard yesterday who kept getting needing to get revived every time I turned around.
#40sheepman23Posted 11/19/2012 5:38:46 AM
J_Can_Man posted...
I just hate the Gold vanguards who get so cocky when they're tearing up the scoreboard, but die after every 3 kills. That's what will make me rage.

I remember one match where this Human Vanguard was getting downed or sync-killed every other time he Charged/Nova'd, so eventually the rest of the squad just let him die if he was down. Pretty terrible, but eh... the three of us could handle it... =P
---
Xbox Live - Sheepman2342