Do you allow level 1s in gold?

#41Shaolin015Posted 11/19/2012 6:27:35 AM
Yes but I don't revive them.
#42Talon5967Posted 11/19/2012 7:14:29 AM
Considering how many people here claim to use zero fitness builds, I don't see how anyone would be against this. Any class at level 1 is equivalent to a zero fitness build. Through in a high damage weapon like the Harrier, and high end equipment and gear, and you have the glass cannon that people seem to believe is so good.

Playing like this just turns every class into a weapons heavy class, since they don't have any powers available to need a cooldown. If they can pull off a weapon only glass cannon, and pull their weight, then I see no reason not to let them stay.

The problem is, most people can't pull this off (I know I can't), and you have no way of knowing whether or not they can until you play with them. And since I usually only play three to four matches per night, regardless of whether we complete them or they end in a wipe (after that I usually get bored and have to play something else), I don't have the time to deal with someone that will drag the team down. You may be able to solo platinum with a level 1, but since I have no proof of that, I'm not going to take the chance.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
Gamertag: Talon Omega
#43Grayfoxr6Posted 11/19/2012 8:39:40 AM
sheepman23 posted...
J_Can_Man posted...
I just hate the Gold vanguards who get so cocky when they're tearing up the scoreboard, but die after every 3 kills. That's what will make me rage.

I remember one match where this Human Vanguard was getting downed or sync-killed every other time he Charged/Nova'd, so eventually the rest of the squad just let him die if he was down. Pretty terrible, but eh... the three of us could handle it... =P

^This.

Ill just let them die if theyre dropping that fast. Im not going to risk my neck, and possibly consumables, for someone that cant take the time to level up a bit.

funny as hell when i would see it on silver. got a lvl 1 soldier or manguard, n7 level 1000+, X level weapons... gets dropped every round, and comes in last on the boards... on silver. Pitiful.
---
XBL and PSN: Feralchicken01
You know why they call it PMS??? because "mad cow disease" was already taken.
#44gobuffalo30Posted 11/19/2012 11:32:46 AM
Talon5967 posted...
Any class at level 1 is equivalent to a zero fitness build.

Except it's not. A level 1 doesn't bring anything to the match other than the ability to shoot their weapon. They would have one power, and depending on the class it may not even be helpful. And even when they do have one power, it's weak and doesn't offer much benefit anyways at that level.
#45deathscythe257Posted 11/19/2012 11:37:35 AM
depends... what weapons you carry, you lack any sort of class credibility until you level up a bit...
---
Yes, this is a signature.
#46Talon5967Posted 11/19/2012 12:04:07 PM
gobuffalo30 posted...
Talon5967 posted...
Any class at level 1 is equivalent to a zero fitness build.

Except it's not. A level 1 doesn't bring anything to the match other than the ability to shoot their weapon. They would have one power, and depending on the class it may not even be helpful. And even when they do have one power, it's weak and doesn't offer much benefit anyways at that level.

Which is why I ultimately said I wouldn't play with someone doing this. You'd have to be an insanely s*** hot ultrasuper1337 gamer to be able to pull your own weight doing this and not drag down the team, and most people are far from being able to do it.

It is possible, but you're probably more likely to win the lottery as to play with someone that can do it. And if you do play with someone that can do it, you should go buy tickets.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
#47BitterBearPosted 11/19/2012 12:18:27 PM
You don't have to be THAT good to do well with a level 1, provided you're using appropriate equipment. You can play literally any class in the game at level 1 and if you're packing a Black Widow or Harrier or Typhoon or Wraith or you get the idea, with Incendiary IV, Rail Amp III, Cyclonic Modulator IV, and Stronghold Package V you're going to be able to pull your own weight.

See, at level 1 your powers will suck. So ignore them, load up on great weapons and equipment, and just kill things. Even a Human Vanguard can take a point in each passive and some awesome weapons. I guarantee you a decent player with a good weapon (not even the best, just a good one) and good equipment at character level 1 is going to ruin a bad player at character level 20 with inferior equipment.

Kick them all you want. I'll take them in my lobby any day.
#48Talon5967Posted 11/19/2012 2:43:25 PM
You're probably only saying that because you can carry them in gold if they wind up sucking. :p

I, on the other hand, can not. I can hold my own. I usually do quite well, even topping the board fairly often. But if I wind up in a lobby that the rest of the team sucks, we're usually screwed. In most cases, if everyone else goes down, and there's more than a handful of enemies left, I won't be long in following.

And as I already said, win or lose, I normally only have three or four matches in me before I'm done for the night. I'd prefer those matches to be wins. I need the credits. I'm missing a bunch of rare's and UR's, and only the uncommon weapons and characters are maxed. Hell, the last ten veteran packs and 5 PSP's I bought, the only uncommons I got were consumables. My AR extended barrel is only at I, and I'm not getting mod upgrades. There's three uncommon gears I don't even have, only two are maxed, and I'm not getting those either. ****ing RNG.
---