Is this game's ending really that bad? *Please don't spoil*

#1luigi4500Posted 11/18/2012 3:43:27 PM
I haven't even touched this game yet since I bought it used at around April this year for $30. I enjoyed Mass Effect 2 a lot and so I'm a little hyped up about it even though I haven't started it, but its disheartening to hear people trashing the game because the ending is so bad.

They even released DLC on this game's ending to expand upon it because I guess originally people didn't like it because it was too short. But even after that people are saying its still terrible? Please know that I don't want to know anything about the ending or anything in general story wise about the game in this topic, just want people's opinions.

I would say in general a story with an ending that has a cliffhanger doesn't make it a terrible story.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: QuitefranklyNO1
#2Spirit_GoddPosted 11/18/2012 3:45:51 PM
no
---
GT is Security Shield
#3andy12handyPosted 11/18/2012 3:47:53 PM
In all honesty, it falls more into the "disappointing" than the "terribad" category. The whole game to me felt the weakest of the three, so the writing already felt pretty sub par going into the ending.

Doesn't stop it from being a good game though.
---
Gamefaqs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
#4Mr_PipboyPosted 11/18/2012 3:49:48 PM
Enjoy the journey, not the destination. As it stands, the ending isn't that bad, its just that your choices that define the world and the people in it do not define how the game ends..

I would have like more variety, but I'm not one of the whiners. The fact that BioWare actually heard the voices of the dissatisfied fans and then released the EC (for free) was actually pretty amazing if you think about it.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net
#5luigi4500(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 4:03:01 PM
There seems to be a lot of people talking about it online so I think even if I don't understand it...there will be a lot to read about it when I'm done.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: QuitefranklyNO1
#6ZacTBPosted 11/18/2012 4:05:12 PM
It's pretty good with Extended Cut and also Leviathan for backstory.
#7CharmilePosted 11/18/2012 4:06:14 PM
andy12handy posted...
In all honesty, it falls more into the "disappointing" than the "terribad" category. The whole game to me felt the weakest of the three, so the writing already felt pretty sub par going into the ending.

Doesn't stop it from being a good game though.

Gonna have to give the Kill Confirmed to this; it could been better
---
The problem with restraining speech is, who gets to set the rules? If it's only okay in a certain time or place, who gets to say what time and what place?
#8themissingmanPosted 11/18/2012 4:11:20 PM
It's like this, there are way more fans of Twilight than there are haters, but the hatred are far more annoying than the fans. Because they don't shut up.

Mass Effect 3 had a dissatisfying ending, sure, and was also, in thermal of writing, the weakest of the trilogy, but neither of those make the game bad. The adventure was fun, the gameplay was fun, the old and familiar characters were fun. The one thing that really dragged people down was the fact that theories decisions throughout the series weren't brought up in overt and obvious ways.

Personally, I don't disagree with them. At the same time, however, the whole thing was fun as hell to play out and the enhanced ending from the Extended Cut showed some promise from BioWare as it pertains to their relationship with their fans and the gaming community as a whole.
---
Handsome Jack 2012
X-Box Live Gamertag: GandalfTheGreen
#9Doofe_2012Posted 11/18/2012 4:12:42 PM
With the Extended Cut and Leviathan, it has a lot more variation and closure, along with a little bit of late foreshadowing.

Without those, though, it's really disappointing in that you can just tell Bioware wasn't trying, and it comes completely out of nowhere. And not in the good way.
---
Gamertag: ColossusCHD
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3763197/Doofe2012
#10LilyxLightningPosted 11/18/2012 4:21:11 PM
A lot of whining about the ending is based on ignoring things that are told to you in the ending and not bothering to acknowledge how the different endings vary.

Play it for yourself; the only offense you're liable to take is from the realization that ending-bashers expect people to either be morons or have never played the actual game.
---
"You have the right to remain SILENT!!!" - Jack Slate, Dead to Rights: Retribution