Is this game's ending really that bad? *Please don't spoil*

#11MantleNotMousePosted 11/18/2012 4:24:32 PM
LilyxLightning posted...
A lot of whining about the ending is based on ignoring things that are told to you in the ending and not bothering to acknowledge how the different endings vary.

Play it for yourself; the only offense you're liable to take is from the realization that ending-bashers expect people to either be morons or have never played the actual game.

I like that you keep claiming people who dislike the ending didn't even play the game. Joke excuse for a joke poster who is way to immature to realize that people can have different opinions.

For me, yeah, the ending was "that bad." I've beaten the game twice and both times the ending kinda put me in a bad mood.
---
Live by the foma that make you brave and kind and healthy and happy
#DFAFiggins
#12LilyxLightningPosted 11/18/2012 4:26:40 PM
MantleNotMouse posted...
LilyxLightning posted...
A lot of whining about the ending is based on ignoring things that are told to you in the ending and not bothering to acknowledge how the different endings vary.

Play it for yourself; the only offense you're liable to take is from the realization that ending-bashers expect people to either be morons or have never played the actual game.

I like that you keep claiming people who dislike the ending didn't even play the game.

Of course, I didn't say that at all in the post you quoted. What I said was ignoring blatantly-presented information, which you seem to be good at.
---
"You have the right to remain SILENT!!!" - Jack Slate, Dead to Rights: Retribution
#13MantleNotMousePosted 11/18/2012 4:30:34 PM
Oh, so just because you didn't say it in this topic doesn't mean you haven't said it before? Gotcha.
---
Live by the foma that make you brave and kind and healthy and happy
#DFAFiggins
#14Chr0noidPosted 11/18/2012 4:33:12 PM(edited)
Doofe_2012 posted...
With the Extended Cut and Leviathan, it has a lot more variation and closure, along with a little bit of late foreshadowing.

Without those, though, it's really disappointing in that you can just tell Bioware wasn't trying, and it comes completely out of nowhere. And not in the good way.

The ending IS as bad as they say, with or without the EC. The EC does improve it quite a bit but it doesn't change the fact Casey Hudson, Mike Gamble, and Mac Walters were lying out their ass. Not only is the EC itself a polished turd, but remains a testament to publisher and developer arrogance. They trolled us hard with that added on fourth option and have never outright apologized for the original farce for which they are responsible.

Bioware is full of children with gargantuan egos and whose hubris is apparent to all. In the adult world, people own up to their mistakes. Bioware has not once done this. They never wanted to change their s***ty ending and begrudgingly gave us the EC. That's all. This is completely obvious with their statements prior to releasing it.

People will accuse me of being entitled or whiny or getting too hyped up about the game or whatever. They are perfectly free to enjoy the ending. That's fine with me. But the second they lambast others for actually having standards and criticizing the ending and Bioware's arrogance, well....that just isn't cool. But I noticed you bought it used. Good for you. Your intentions may have been completely different from mine but you did good for not giving Bioware a goddamned cent.
---
We are so dead...but at least I have a girlfriend! -Lion-O
#15Rafficus_IIIPosted 11/18/2012 4:35:18 PM(edited)
While it misses the mark of Biowares prestige, it is not the waterboarding terribad most people think they received. The EC helps fix it a bit, but it rings with plot holes and the thought of, "What could have been," when you examine it to the tee. That said, it is not outright horrendous and it has its moments. You make arguably the hardest decision of the entire trilogy at the last second, which ironically fans have clamored for years to have, and yet the fans demanded a cop-out cheezer when they finally did receive that difficult decision they demanded for so long. Granted, it's all about delivery and quality, I still find it mildly comedic. Play it for yourself and make your own determination. Personally, it didn't bother me until I visited the forums and BSN where it festered and grew to bother me.
---
GT: BigRaff87
#16Mr_PipboyPosted 11/18/2012 4:34:12 PM
Fo_Fai posted...
Doofe_2012 posted...
With the Extended Cut and Leviathan, it has a lot more variation and closure, along with a little bit of late foreshadowing.

Without those, though, it's really disappointing in that you can just tell Bioware wasn't trying, and it comes completely out of nowhere. And not in the good way.

The ending IS as bad as they say, with or without the EC. The EC does improve it quite a bit but it doesn't change the fact Casey Hudson, Mike Gamble, and Mac Walters were lying out their ass. Not only is the EC itself a polished turd, but remains a testament to publisher and developer arrogance. They trolled us hard with that added on fourth option and have never outright apologized for the original farce for which they are responsible.

Bioware is full of children with gargantuan egos and whose hubris is apparent to all. In the adult world, people own up to their mistakes. Bioware has not once done this. They never wanted to change their s***ty ending and begrudgingly gave us the EC. That's all. This is completely obvious with their statements prior to releasing it.

People will accuse me of being entitled or whiny or getting too hyped up about the game or whatever. They are perfectly free to enjoy the ending. That's fine with me. But the second they lambast others for actually having standards and criticizing the ending and Bioware's arrogance, well....that just isn't cool. Do us all a favor and show Bioware that they aren't artists and have no integrity. If you don't have the game already buy it used.

I'm gonna stick with the "Make up your own mind by playing it" advice.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net
#17LilyxLightningPosted 11/18/2012 4:34:57 PM
Fo_Fai posted...
Doofe_2012 posted...
*whining because BioWare has the right to tell the story they want to tell and didn't give everyone who liked the ending and respects them the middle finger*

---
"You have the right to remain SILENT!!!" - Jack Slate, Dead to Rights: Retribution
#18Chr0noidPosted 11/18/2012 4:37:02 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#19Rafficus_IIIPosted 11/18/2012 4:37:59 PM
LilyxLightning posted...
Fo_Fai posted...
Doofe_2012 posted...
*whining because BioWare has the right to tell the story they want to tell and didn't give everyone who liked the ending and respects them the middle finger*

You should probably edit your post. Doofe_2012 has no part of your quarrel with Fo_Fai and changing his post could result in a mod. He just spoke his mind and didn't target you, nor anyone else.
---
GT: BigRaff87
#20LilyxLightningPosted 11/18/2012 4:39:20 PM
Oops, wrong one. >_<"
---