Is this game's ending really that bad? *Please don't spoil*

#21Jedi_MercenaryPosted 11/18/2012 4:43:31 PM
The entire story is horrible. If you think ME2 had an awesome story you will probably be quite fine though. Just don't expect any logic at all.
---
Random Salarian soldier walks into Udina's office. Salarian: "I would like to know more about human culture". Udina: "We humans are..."
#22moniewitchPosted 11/18/2012 4:43:52 PM
No it's great with the extended cut ending. So don't worry just download the extended cut ending
---
Jesus is our best friend & savior
#23jessica73Posted 11/18/2012 4:53:20 PM
A friend of mine asked me to tell him the endings, and he decided not to buy it after that and then seeing it on youtube. >_>

The story is the weakest in the entire series besides that, but since you already bought, just go ahead, it's a good 7/10 till then. The ending is really dumb with or without EC, but just turn it off at the end :D unless you do red + EC, then it's halfway tolerable.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/f0fa47c78dcfa98e0ef40d5cccbcad99/ach.png
#24alex1_2_3_4_5Posted 11/18/2012 4:57:22 PM
I think its pretty good with the EC.
---
White FC: 0132 3012 2303
#25SlaynPosted 11/18/2012 4:59:39 PM
I just passed it after waiting months for the game to go on sale, so I didn't see the original ending.

It was disappointing. The whole Earth part is just bleh. It just doesn't really feel like it fit in with the rest of the series. I mean it really felt out of place.

Was it as horrible as some of the above people are making it out to seem? Hell no. I literally just passed it 2 days ago, and instead of thinking "wow, that was great", I am just left with a sour taste in my mouth.

Dissatisfied.
#26AnonymousFriendPosted 11/18/2012 5:03:03 PM
I kept coming to the board for multiplayer discussion for two weeks before starting the campaign and I can say that soured me more on the ending than the actual ending. The real complaint I had was the "telling" instead of "showing". And that the telling happened before the actual choice.
---
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend
#27Tbx66Posted 11/18/2012 5:05:26 PM
Ec sucks. Original ending was very artistic. Not everyone could understand its meaning.
---
"You assume i give a damn. That's cute."
#28andy12handyPosted 11/18/2012 5:09:22 PM
Tbx66 posted...
Ec sucks. Original ending was very artistic. Not everyone could understand its meaning.

Except Mixorz.
---
Gamefaqs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
#29luigi4500(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 5:28:13 PM
Thanks to everyone who gave their opinion without spoiling, some people gave me the answer that I was hoping for, that the endings are decent. I was going to play either way but now I feel better about it.

I'm worried that if I start playing too many different rpgs then I basically screw myself because I lose track of the important details put into each game's plot. Like right now I'm really far into Aragast War Zero and its really good game especially if you like the "choose your own fate" game format as well, but its story is extremely complex and long, its really an excellent game if you buy for the story , I want to emphasize that. But its not one of those kinds of games you're going to want to replay either, but I'm fine with that...... Its a great game for all the lonely males in the world.

Anyways, right now I have xboxlive but my internet kind of sucks in that I'm getting internet through my landlord's wireless router, so I've tried to stay away from multiplayer in general. I'm planning on moving soon though so hopefully around January next year I'll have better internet.

Feel free to compare games, add me or w/e.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: QuitefranklyNO1
#30pfh1001Posted 11/18/2012 5:36:57 PM
It probably depends to some extent on how into the series you are-- people that have played the games multiple times are more likely to be more critical of ME3 as a whole & the ending in particular.

I loathe the ending, even with the extended cut & its retcons. I also think the game as a whole is deeply flawed. ME3 is a huge YMMV situation.