Is this game's ending really that bad? *Please don't spoil*

#31LilyxLightningPosted 11/18/2012 5:39:20 PM
pfh1001 posted...
It probably depends to some extent on how into the series you are-- people that have played the games multiple times are more likely to be more critical of ME3 as a whole & the ending in particular.

I loathe the ending, even with the extended cut & its retcons. I also think the game as a whole is deeply flawed. ME3 is a huge YMMV situation.

Because insisting that the people who didn't like the ending are "better fans" makes it so. XD
---
"You have the right to remain SILENT!!!" - Jack Slate, Dead to Rights: Retribution
#32Chr0noidPosted 11/18/2012 5:40:46 PM
LilyxLightning posted...
pfh1001 posted...
It probably depends to some extent on how into the series you are-- people that have played the games multiple times are more likely to be more critical of ME3 as a whole & the ending in particular.

I loathe the ending, even with the extended cut & its retcons. I also think the game as a whole is deeply flawed. ME3 is a huge YMMV situation.

Because insisting that the people who didn't like the ending are "better fans" makes it so. XD

um....WHAT? When did he EVER say that in the post you just quoted?
---
We are so dead...but at least I have a girlfriend! -Lion-O
#33LilyxLightningPosted 11/18/2012 5:43:09 PM
Fo_Fai posted...
LilyxLightning posted...
pfh1001 posted...

um....WHAT? When did he EVER say that in the post you just quoted?

Bolded for emphasis, so you don't have to tax yourself actually reading the whole thing.
---
"You have the right to remain SILENT!!!" - Jack Slate, Dead to Rights: Retribution
#34Chr0noidPosted 11/18/2012 5:46:03 PM
You basically just misconstrued that entire bolded part. You either have a HUGE persecution complex or need to go back to Reading Comprehension 101.

He wasn't saying that. At all. Get off your damn cross.
---
We are so dead...but at least I have a girlfriend! -Lion-O
#35jessica73Posted 11/18/2012 5:48:11 PM
he said "are more likely to be more critical" , not that people who didn't like the ending are better fans
that doesn't mean that people who like it are noobs or don't care about the series as much

It seems like reading comprehension is a lost art on gamefaqs.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/dragonknight337/consoles.jpg
#36cdog21Posted 11/18/2012 6:01:15 PM
It depends on how you see Shepard. To me the ending felt like Shepard was just giving up and throughout this entire, series that is the one thing Shepard never did.

The EC made some of the plot holes better, but the damage was already done as far as I'm concerned. I have no more desire to play the preceding two games and I'm even hesitant about a new Mass Effect game.
---
Frylock you're like the A bomb. When you show up everybody dies - Master Shake ATHF
#37Mr_PipboyPosted 11/18/2012 6:06:02 PM
jessica73 posted...
It seems like reading comprehension is a lost art on gamefaqs.

I agree, I too will miss twinkies. However, I suppose Drakes will now take over as the snack cake company of choice for me.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net
#38LilyxLightningPosted 11/18/2012 6:08:05 PM
cdog21 posted...
It depends on how you see Shepard. To me the ending felt like Shepard was just giving up and throughout this entire, series that is the one thing Shepard never did.

>spend entire game constructing device to defeat the Reapers
>using said device constitutes "giving up"
---
#39Wii0playerPosted 11/18/2012 6:10:44 PM
Yes it's bad because it's poorly written, has plot-holes, and goes against everything Bioware said it wasn't going to be...doesn't mean you won't enjoy it. I hated it personally.
---
"In Mass Effect 3, the path to victory is less clear at the outset. You wont just find some long-lost Reaper off button."-Casey ******* Hudson.
#40Sand_CoffinPosted 11/18/2012 6:38:46 PM
The ending was bad but all the other things in the game (everything from auto-dialogue to what they did with decisions) ruined the game for me long before I got to the end of the game.