Is this game's ending really that bad? *Please don't spoil*

#41Rafficus_IIIPosted 11/18/2012 6:40:12 PM
Positive note: you'll get chills when both the ending songs come on. "An End Once and for All" was my favorite out of the entire trilogy.
---
GT: BigRaff87
#42Fou LuPosted 11/18/2012 6:56:07 PM
Nope, not that bad. I enjoyed the original and the new one.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#43jessica73Posted 11/18/2012 7:04:59 PM

I agree, I too will miss twinkies. However, I suppose Drakes will now take over as the snack cake company of choice for me.

nobody cares about twinkies
snoballs is the real casualty
---
a 7/10 from jess for bioware is like a 4/10 everywhere else - GP UltraVi0lence
#44gameguy006Posted 11/18/2012 7:11:01 PM
People only dislike the ending because none of your choices or how you played matters at the end. If it forced an ending on me by how I reacted through the series I would have been happier. It ends up feeling more like ok you beat the game now pick the ending you would like most.
#45livinlargetommiPosted 11/18/2012 7:16:17 PM
Mr_Pipboy posted...
Enjoy the journey, not the destination. As it stands, the ending isn't that bad, its just that your choices that define the world and the people in it do not define how the game ends..

I would have like more variety, but I'm not one of the whiners. The fact that BioWare actually heard the voices of the dissatisfied fans and then released the EC (for free) was actually pretty amazing if you think about it.

Give this man a prize I think he hit it right on the nose.
---
Signature goes here.
#46AtomicPenguin76Posted 11/18/2012 7:25:53 PM
Yes, it is that bad.

It's also pretty obvious that the only people really left here to answer the question are the ones who weren't completely turned off of the game by it, and there were a lot. If this question came within a month of release you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who was really happy with it outside of the rectal openings at IGN talking smack about gamers in its wake.

If it's a not a game you rushed into picking up, though, and weren't invested in the series enough to really dive after it the second it was available... I doubt it'll matter much. It'll just be disappointing and forgettable.
#47cdog21Posted 11/18/2012 7:31:11 PM
LilyxLightning posted...
cdog21 posted...
It depends on how you see Shepard. To me the ending felt like Shepard was just giving up and throughout this entire, series that is the one thing Shepard never did.

>spend entire game constructing device to defeat the Reapers
>using said device constitutes "giving up"

Yeah it does because those options we got were of the Catalyst's making. It may not have had access to those options in the past, but they were his.
---
Frylock you're like the A bomb. When you show up everybody dies - Master Shake ATHF
#48livinlargetommiPosted 11/18/2012 7:58:05 PM
AtomicPenguin76 posted...
Yes, it is that bad.

It's also pretty obvious that the only people really left here to answer the question are the ones who weren't completely turned off of the game by it, and there were a lot. If this question came within a month of release you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who was really happy with it outside of the rectal openings at IGN talking smack about gamers in its wake.

If it's a not a game you rushed into picking up, though, and weren't invested in the series enough to really dive after it the second it was available... I doubt it'll matter much. It'll just be disappointing and forgettable.

No, the only people left here talking are the people that really enjoy the MP game. The single player crowd has moved on months ago.
---
Signature goes here.
#49KelysticPosted 11/18/2012 8:03:12 PM
cdog21 posted...
LilyxLightning posted...
cdog21 posted...
It depends on how you see Shepard. To me the ending felt like Shepard was just giving up and throughout this entire, series that is the one thing Shepard never did.

Yeah it does because those options we got were of the Catalyst's making. It may not have had access to those options in the past, but they were his.

Destroy ending shows he is still fighting against them. Where as Control and Synthesis goes against the Shepard character completely.
---
Black Version 2 FC : 3483-0417-0828
#50livinlargetommiPosted 11/18/2012 8:04:43 PM
cdog21 posted...
LilyxLightning posted...
cdog21 posted...

You also had a half dead shep in a room he has never seen before, with a piece of tech he has never seen, with a VI he has never met. Meanwhile earth and the galactic fleets are being crushed. Yeah, shep should have given the little space man the middle finger and figured out another option.

Actually didn't they add that option in the EC? The decline option? I don't think it ends well.
---
Signature goes here.