Is this game's ending really that bad? *Please don't spoil*

#71CyhortI82Posted 11/18/2012 9:29:29 PM
No, the Extended Cut fixed it.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)
#72kungfuj0Posted 11/18/2012 9:37:18 PM
Mr_Pipboy posted...
kungfuj0 posted...

Congrats on NOT spoiling plot elements for this guy. Nice job.

My fault dude. I guess I kinda got carried away there for a second. But then again, this ending sorta does that to me sometimes...

I fixed the part that had potential spoilers in it.
---
Alabama Crimson Tide: 2011-12 National Champions.
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
#73jpraelsterPosted 11/18/2012 9:37:51 PM
Yes its that bad
#74XeroxicidePosted 11/18/2012 9:49:03 PM
As a big fan of ME2, there was a lot about ME3 besides the ending that really disappointed me. I don't want to go too much into the story of ME3, but by the time I was done I just felt like ME2 was made almost completely unnecessary. I never felt like the time that I invested in ME2 was rewarded in ME3 in any meaningful way.
---
I remember when GameFAQs was good.
#75Devil_wings00Posted 11/18/2012 10:16:18 PM
It's a piece of fiction that was very sloppily written, filled with plot holes (which they did fix most of them in the EC) and a big ol sloppy dues ex machina.

Sometimes I feel many gamers don't indulge in other fiction like books or movies sometimes. The reaction was so over the top. It was like it was the first time anything they have ever read, played or watched disappointed them or something. I've read hundreds of books with poor endings and saw dozens of movies with equally disappointing endings. I didn't flip my s*** and ask the creators for a rewrite every time it happened. Sometimes things we like don't turn out the way we hope. You should go "oh damn, that sucks" and we move the F*** on. Criticize away but even the EC felt like to much of a creative concession to fan b****ing for my taste.
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.
#76GreyFoxCasshernPosted 11/18/2012 10:40:13 PM
They pulled the best writer they had from ME3 to work on SWTOR. Promptly threw in a Deus Ex Machina, and made it feel like what you did in 1 and 2 was pointless. Also the breathing scene if you do things a certain way makes no sense with the way things are written. Yes, even with the extended ending it still sucks.
#77retep_onePosted 11/18/2012 11:05:27 PM
no. it was just below expectations for something as epic as mass effect
---
PSN: Spectre0415
currently playing: tekken tag tournament 2, borderlands 2, nba 2k13, resident evil 6, skyrim
#78Halo_ForeverPosted 11/18/2012 11:08:53 PM
Devil_wings00 posted...

Sometimes I feel many gamers don't indulge in other fiction like books or movies sometimes. The reaction was so over the top. It was like it was the first time anything they have ever read, played or watched disappointed them or something. I've read hundreds of books with poor endings and saw dozens of movies with equally disappointing endings. I didn't flip my s*** and ask the creators for a rewrite every time it happened. Sometimes things we like don't turn out the way we hope. You should go "oh damn, that sucks" and we move the F*** on. Criticize away but even the EC felt like to much of a creative concession to fan b****ing for my taste.

You do have to remember that unless a person has a slow reading speed, you won't find many a book or even book series that is of comparable length to Mass Effect (counting with 75-100 hours for a single playthrough of the trilogy, however most of the diehards had 5+ playthroughs).

If a book series I had spent that much time on suddenly went on a Deus Ex Machina trip out of nowhere I'd be a bit sour too.

Then again, I wasn't effected much by the ending, stopped caring for the story after ME2 hit.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#79Infini22Posted 11/18/2012 11:17:16 PM
It's horrid. I was feeling hangover for a week after it. Didn't see the extended cut version though.
#80PostCrisisJ2Posted 11/18/2012 11:26:53 PM(edited)
Original ending was pretty much **** on all accounts.

The EC, no matter how flawed it is, feels pretty much like an ending. Yeah, ventboy still exists and there's plenty of other things wrong like the Normandy crashing on jungle planet for no inexplicable reason but really it should've been in the game at launch.
---
http://starcrossedstuck.tumblr.com/