Is this game's ending really that bad? *Please don't spoil*

#91SageOfLifePosted 11/20/2012 2:56:41 AM
kungfuj0 posted...
I really wish people would stop acting as if the EC fixed anything. It didn't.

The EC is about like spraying cheap air freshener after taking a good dump. Just because there is now a rosy scent in the air doesn't mean that the smell from the dump is gone.

Did it clear up a few things? Yes. But, it left starbrat in the game, and the fact that he is still in the game at all means that the ending is still ****, EC or no EC.

My only problem with that character was that there was no explanation for its origins or motivations. Since that problem has been fixed, I'm fine with that character now.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#92kungfuj0Posted 11/20/2012 3:42:02 AM
SageOfLife posted...
kungfuj0 posted...

The EC is about like spraying cheap air freshener after taking a good dump. Just because there is now a rosy scent in the air doesn't mean that the smell from the dump is gone.

Did it clear up a few things? Yes. But, it left starbrat in the game, and the fact that he is still in the game at all means that the ending is still ****, EC or no EC.

My only problem with that character was that there was no explanation for its origins or motivations. Since that problem has been fixed, I'm fine with that character now.

If that was done in Leviathan, then I haven't seen it yet because I haven't played that yet. I still take issue with it though because it still makes alot of what went down in ME1 unecessary. That has been my problem with it from the beginning.
---
Alabama Crimson Tide: 2011-12 National Champions.
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
#93SageOfLifePosted 11/20/2012 3:49:54 AM
kungfuj0 posted...
SageOfLife posted...
kungfuj0 posted...

If that was done in Leviathan, then I haven't seen it yet because I haven't played that yet. I still take issue with it though because it still makes alot of what went down in ME1 unecessary. That has been my problem with it from the beginning.

It was done in the Extended Cut, but Leviathan did help.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#94xionnoixPosted 11/20/2012 3:29:02 PM
i only played through it once...the ending i chose, destroy, left me a little disturbed, because i personally felt it didn't give the series an appropriate finish.
then again, i was on my 3rd martini at the time, so i didn't think too much about it deeply.
i also would like to share the same the same sentiment as others in this thread, the series as a whole is great ~ however, the finale was not entirely what i expected.

side note, i got the extended dlc and purchased leviathan but have not had the chance to finish me3 single player again.
#95Dark_EpathyPosted 11/20/2012 6:27:59 PM
The ending is underwhelming, but I wouldn't say it's all that bad. It feels very weak, though, and you get the sense it could have been a lot stronger.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#96strifechug2Posted 11/20/2012 6:40:53 PM
More like cliff hanger and sad.
---
I'll plant an IED right.... here... *dig dig*