Just finished Lair of the Shadow Broker and Arrival...2 questions...

#1Raze_da_KitsunePosted 11/18/2012 5:07:04 PM
Is there ANYONE who liked Arrival other than me? All I've heard about it are bad things. I simply loved it. Shepard on a badass solo mission to rescue some Alliance SOB and then things just go bad. My only gripe is that I think Ashley/ Kaiden should've been a partner here.

Are the ME3 DLC as good as the ME2 DLC? I've played all of the ME2 and I thoroughly enjoyed all of them.
---
im...im sorry but... do you think the past tense of fight is thought? - Wolf_J_Flywheel
I am the paragon of humanity. You may worship me.....from afar...
#2ozzyman314Posted 11/18/2012 5:16:31 PM
ME3 DLC is great!

From Ashes & Leviathan are a must get for content & story insight.

Omega(out on the 27th) looks to more content driven(like Shadow Broker in ME2) then story driven.
---
Loading Signature..........
#3PsyrenCallPosted 11/18/2012 5:16:44 PM
Arrival was enjoyable for what it was, nothing but BANG BANG BANGITY BANG.. and so on.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#4Rafficus_IIIPosted 11/18/2012 5:20:15 PM
I liked Arrival, personally. Granted the stealth mode could have been better and the VS suggestion you had sounded really good. My favorite part was when you were outside on the asteroid as it was hurdling towards the Relay.
---
GT: BigRaff87
#5jrr18Posted 11/18/2012 5:21:33 PM
Raze_da_Kitsune posted...
Is there ANYONE who liked Arrival other than me? All I've heard about it are bad things. I simply loved it. Shepard on a badass solo mission to rescue some Alliance SOB and then things just go bad. My only gripe is that I think Ashley/ Kaiden should've been a partner here.

Are the ME3 DLC as good as the ME2 DLC? I've played all of the ME2 and I thoroughly enjoyed all of them.

I liked Arrival it had the most challenging fights in the game and it let me tell off harbinger.
---
victory through superior fire power
psn jrr101
#6Tbx66Posted 11/18/2012 5:26:07 PM
Arrival wasn't great, but I enjoyed it ( all the times I did it). As someone who wanted Shepard going solo only for the line Shepard is tearing us apart, worth its money. Lotsb was great. Its conclusion especially. Ok and Liara visiting the Normandy.
---
"You assume i give a damn. That's cute."
#7Wii0playerPosted 11/18/2012 6:39:21 PM
I liked the Arrival for the most part, what I didn't like was them suddenly making the Reapers show up.
---
"In Mass Effect 3, the path to victory is less clear at the outset. You wont just find some long-lost Reaper off button."-Casey ******* Hudson.
#8AmrathPosted 11/18/2012 6:46:37 PM
I liked both and the solo mission aspect especially the way it removed the problem with Shadow Broker in that they clearly had not brought anyone else back to do VA work apart from Hale, Meer & Hillis.
#9fennell92Posted 11/18/2012 6:49:48 PM
I thought arrival was alright, but just not as great as overlord and shadow broker.
#10Lord of NightmaresPosted 11/18/2012 9:34:04 PM
Arrival was decent in its own right although yeah, everyone got spoiled rotten by LotSB beforehand so it was viewed as disappointing, which I can understand.

Heck, I personally found Overlord to be far superior to Arrival as well, both in terms of content and storyline, so Arrival's arguably the weakest of ME2's SP DLC, but at least it's still more enjoyable than Pinnacle Station IMO.