Replace The Pilot's Voice with Harbinger During Collector Missions?

#1byron97Posted 11/18/2012 4:23:34 PM
THEY WILL SUCCUMB AND ASCEND... OR THEY WILL BE ANNHILATED."

I originally posted this on the BSN forums, but thought it would be good to get some feedback and thoughts on the suggestion from Gamefaqs as well..

I kind of understand what the developers said about Harbinger's voice potentially becoming irritating, especially now I've seen just HOW MANY Collectors get possesed during the course of a single multiplayr game. Obviously they couldn't have Harby yap away every single time a Collector gets taken over.

But at the same time, I miss Harbinger's taunts, and I feel the Collectors as a faction are just missing a little something without him. Plus, we have the Pilot doing voiceovers during every round regardless of your opponents. Mission start, objective waves, squadmate down, extraction... we always hear him talking - and that gets fairly irritating at times as well.

So here's my idea: In Collector matches, REPLACE the Pilot's dialogue with Harbinger. Instead of a friendly voice spurring us on and encouraging us, have an enemy taunting us and directing his forces against us. I think it would have a real atmospheric impact, and would give us a break from the usual commentary we hear every round.

You can see the BSN thread, and examples of potential Harbinger dialogue at:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/14731506/1

Looking forward to your feedback!
#2SinisterSamuraiPosted 11/18/2012 4:30:47 PM
DO NOT LET THE IGNORANT SUBCREATURES STUDY THE GETH PIZZA.
---
I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin, or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension.
#3JetblackmoonPosted 11/18/2012 4:31:42 PM
I think it'd be cool. Maybe not at the start of each wave, but maybe a bit during objective waves, if the team wipes, and at extraction would be fine.
---
Hey, everyone! This store discriminates against the poor!
#4TheKirbehPosted 11/18/2012 4:33:00 PM
I think it'd be nice, but make it as an option somewhere, maybe client-side.
---
GT: Cthalpa
"I'm not that great." - Me
#5SinisterSamuraiPosted 11/18/2012 4:36:10 PM
I BROUGHT DOWN ONE OF THEIR PATHETIC VESSELS. ENSURE THAT THE FUMBLING CONSTRUCT DOES NOT REACH THE LANDING ZONE.
---
I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin, or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension.
#6MalzelPosted 11/18/2012 4:36:54 PM
Anything that replaces the same lines I've heard for the last 200+ hours.
---
It is only human to commit a sin...
#7byron97(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 4:49:31 PM
SinisterSamurai posted...
DO NOT LET THE IGNORANT SUBCREATURES STUDY THE GETH PIZZA.

Mmmm. Geth Pizza. It's a Synthesist's wet dream.

But to be fair, even looking back at the old ME2 Harbinger sound files there were plenty which could easily be adapted for multiplayer situations.

Hacking objective? "SWARM THEIR POSITION/OVERWHELM THEM/SURROUND THEM"

Priority Targets? "YOU ONLY DAMAGE THE VESSEL, YOU CANNOT HURT ME/YOUR ATTACKS ARE PRIMITIVE/LEAVE THE DEAD WHERE THEY FALL"

I reckon it would be worth it, if only to break up the in-game dialogue a bit and give us a little variation!
#8sheepman23Posted 11/18/2012 4:51:50 PM
Yeah, we really need Harbinger in the Collector matches. I don't even care how he shows up, although I personally think that "ASSUMING CONTROL" should've made it in there every time something gets possessed...
---
Xbox Live - Sheepman2342
#9SinisterSamuraiPosted 11/18/2012 5:37:06 PM
sheepman23 posted...
although I personally think that "ASSUMING CONTROL" should've made it in there every time something gets possessed...

How many times a match does something get possessed? How many times a second on late-wave gold/platinum matches? Were you here when Reave never stopped?
---
#10Mr_arizonaPosted 11/18/2012 6:02:51 PM
Malzel posted...
Anything that replaces the same lines I've heard for the last 200+ hours.

Compared to this guy Harbinger would be a welcome change of pace.

In fact why stop there.
Cerberus - TIM
Reapers - Hackett
Geth - Quarian/Geth not sure on this one
Collectors - definitely get Harbinger

Or Star Child could do them all for a weekend event. LOL
---
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif