Replace The Pilot's Voice with Harbinger During Collector Missions?

#11SomethingKinkyPosted 11/18/2012 7:05:23 PM
I would hate to be annhilated. I don't even know what that means.
#12PoopMasterGoetzPosted 11/18/2012 9:26:17 PM
Having Harbinger focus his attention on a bunch of random operatives makes no sense lore-wise. The Reaper leading the charge on the galaxy has bigger fish to fry, e.g. Shepard.
---
Gamertag: Triple Escape
http://www.facebook.com/gotacoolname
#13Shigmiya64Posted 11/18/2012 9:37:09 PM
Hmm...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995452-mass-effect-3/62857574
---
"Remember to believe in magic, or I'll kill you."
#14Ragnarok_ZXPosted 11/18/2012 9:46:39 PM
Anything but the same guy we have now would be a welcome change.
---
GT: ShadowLeo7
#15byron97(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 1:28:10 AM
SinisterSamurai posted...
sheepman23 posted...
although I personally think that "ASSUMING CONTROL" should've made it in there every time something gets possessed...

How many times a match does something get possessed? How many times a second on late-wave gold/platinum matches? Were you here when Reave never stopped?

Absolutely. First time a Collector is possessed per wave would be more than enough, even if it's one of two dozen different quotes. There's plenty of ways to implement Harbinger's voice without it becoming that repetitive.
#16MalzelPosted 11/19/2012 1:53:30 AM
PoopMasterGoetz posted...
Having Harbinger focus his attention on a bunch of random operatives makes no sense lore-wise. The Reaper leading the charge on the galaxy has bigger fish to fry, e.g. Shepard.

The same could be pointed out as to how every Collector unit can be possessed. Is each one a single Reaper possession? Why would dozens of Reapers focus their attention on a group of operatives?
---
It is only human to commit a sin...
#17byron97(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 4:07:14 AM

This is multiplayer we're talking about here. It's hardly relevant to the overall storyline of the series.

Besides, it's not as though Habringer was frying many big fish in the single player story either, was it? If anything, it would explain his absence from the entire Shepard story...
#18Talon5967Posted 11/19/2012 6:45:01 AM
Malzel posted...

The same could be pointed out as to how every Collector unit can be possessed. Is each one a single Reaper possession? Why would dozens of Reapers focus their attention on a group of operatives?

Who says reapers can't multi-task. One reaper controlling multiple collectors.

Personlly, I don't think it should be done on possessions at all. Like some others have suggested, it should be for more specific, and less common, occurances. Players getting downed, objectives, and maybe some randomly placed taunting, for example
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
Gamertag: Talon Omega
#19jrbeerman11Posted 11/19/2012 8:24:05 AM
I wouldnt worry about story with collectors. Werent they wiped out?
#20sheepman23Posted 11/19/2012 8:51:18 AM
SinisterSamurai posted...
sheepman23 posted...
although I personally think that "ASSUMING CONTROL" should've made it in there every time something gets possessed...

How many times a match does something get possessed? How many times a second on late-wave gold/platinum matches? Were you here when Reave never stopped?

LOL, I hadn't considered that.

But atleast once per wave would be nice...
---
Xbox Live - Sheepman2342