I heard From Ashes was On Disc DLC

#1pure mind gamesPosted 11/18/2012 8:39:03 PM(edited)
Then why the hell is the download 628.18MB?

To me that just says that assets used in the main game where used in the dlc, that's not On Disc DLC, that's common sense, why have 2 copies of the same object for one to only be used at a certain part? that's just wasting space.

Also if I used my 2 day Free gold membership code would the progress I make carry over to new games or reset back to 50%?
---
Dishonored(Blind) Final Part
http://youtu.be/_A_MFwIEnWM
#2fennell92Posted 11/18/2012 8:40:56 PM
Some parts of from ashes are on the disc: A new character and dialogue I think, but you need to download the mission where you meet him.
#3FullMetalManiaPosted 11/18/2012 8:41:31 PM
I heard someone make the distinction between files designed to help integrate the DLC and straight-up on-disc DLC.
---
"Welcome to the internet, where everyone gets off to EVERYTHING."
~kingkaze187
#4andy12handyPosted 11/18/2012 8:42:10 PM
Readiness automatically goes down little by little each day. It is across all saves on that profile but because it naturally goes down, you have to keep it up (no real reason to seeing as reaching the needed amount of war assets is pretty easy, and it only really matters in the last 15 minutes).
---
Gamefaqs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
#5pure mind games(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 8:45:34 PM
Readiness automatically goes down little by little each day. It is across all saves on that profile but because it naturally goes down, you have to keep it up (no real reason to seeing as reaching the needed amount of war assets is pretty easy, and it only really matters in the last 15 minutes).

mine stays at 50%, I guess because I don't play multiplayer or have Gold or something, guess I'll just leave it, worry about it in the PS3 trilogy.
---
Dishonored(Blind) Final Part
http://youtu.be/_A_MFwIEnWM
#6Crono exePosted 11/18/2012 8:51:42 PM
I hate that it was Day 1 DLC, Bioware sold an incomplete game, from Ashes should have been included in the game and not being sold for 1/6th the price of the game.

I hate DLC in general, remember when you unlocked stuff and alternate modes were already included? I know its all in the past but that shouldn't be a reason for developers or whoever to rip us off.
---
Con ganas de engrasar la macana. Quien no?
#7xKryptonKnightxPosted 11/18/2012 9:24:26 PM
Is it different for the collector's edition discs? Those came with the code to download From Ashes but I don't remember how much space it took.
---
Beware the fury of a patient man.
GT: xMarvel Knightx
#8SxMilionPesoManPosted 11/18/2012 10:07:22 PM
If I heard correctly Javik and all his powers are on disk but the particle rifle and the Eden Prime mission are the DLC.
#9ghosta2Posted 11/18/2012 10:11:55 PM
Crono exe posted...
I hate that it was Day 1 DLC, Bioware sold an incomplete game, from Ashes should have been included in the game and not being sold for 1/6th the price of the game.

I hate DLC in general, remember when you unlocked stuff and alternate modes were already included? I know its all in the past but that shouldn't be a reason for developers or whoever to rip us off.

The DLC was free if you bought the collector's edition. It wouldn't have been much of a collectors edition if they didn't include some sort of ingame content for free.
---
"What is better. To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort." - Paarthurnax
Gt: Ghosta2
#10XeroxicidePosted 11/18/2012 10:52:56 PM
Crono exe posted...

Remember when games were much more expensive than they are now?
---
I remember when GameFAQs was good.