I heard From Ashes was On Disc DLC

#11xKryptonKnightxPosted 11/18/2012 11:02:21 PM
Xeroxicide posted...
Crono exe posted...
I hate that it was Day 1 DLC, Bioware sold an incomplete game, from Ashes should have been included in the game and not being sold for 1/6th the price of the game.

I hate DLC in general, remember when you unlocked stuff and alternate modes were already included? I know its all in the past but that shouldn't be a reason for developers or whoever to rip us off.

Remember when games were much more expensive than they are now?

$65 for new N64 games comes to mind.
---
Beware the fury of a patient man.
GT: xMarvel Knightx
#12Devil_wings00Posted 11/18/2012 11:20:09 PM
ghosta2 posted...
Crono exe posted...
I hate that it was Day 1 DLC, Bioware sold an incomplete game, from Ashes should have been included in the game and not being sold for 1/6th the price of the game.

I hate DLC in general, remember when you unlocked stuff and alternate modes were already included? I know its all in the past but that shouldn't be a reason for developers or whoever to rip us off.

The DLC was free if you bought the collector's edition. It wouldn't have been much of a collectors edition if they didn't include some sort of ingame content for free.

Minor things like costumes and maybe an extra gun but an entire character cut from the game? That's unacceptable in my books. We shouldn't encourage companies to cut things from games and sell it to us later by apologizing for there actions.
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.
#13Devil_wings00Posted 11/18/2012 11:22:53 PM
xKryptonKnightx posted...
Xeroxicide posted...
Crono exe posted...

Remember when games were much more expensive than they are now?

$65 for new N64 games comes to mind.

Mario 3 was 90 bucks when it came out i believe. If you convert that to today's dollars that probably makes it well over 100. Honestly the only time games were cheaper then they were now was during the ps2 era.
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.
#14LilyxLightningPosted 11/19/2012 4:12:22 AM
In addition to not having the Eden Prime mission or the Particle Rifle, the data on the disc also lacks the alternate outfits from the DLC and a lot of code for Javik—first and foremost his dialogue, and I've also heard that (if he is hacked in) he doesn't appear anywhere on the Normandy.

The data on the disc is essentially a "dummy" character to better integrate the DLC with the main game, just as they did with Zaeed and Kasumi in ME2.
---
"You have the right to remain SILENT!!!" - Jack Slate, Dead to Rights: Retribution
#15jessica73Posted 11/19/2012 8:47:16 AM

Mario 3 was 90 bucks when it came out i believe. If you convert that to today's dollars that probably makes it well over 100. Honestly the only time games were cheaper then they were now was during the ps2 era.

PS1 for $39? Plenty of games weren't ridiculous like that in previous gens though.

The DLC was free if you bought the collector's edition. It wouldn't have been much of a collectors edition if they didn't include some sort of ingame content for free.

pff, a real collector's edition is about the physical goods, not the useless digital junk that came with this outside not having to pay $10 for from ashes
---
http://steamcard.com/do/nxe/thebotqueen.png
#16pure mind games(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 9:15:34 AM(edited)
OK finished From Ashes, I gotta say, Prothean's were dicks.

Also the Rifle sucks compared to the one in 2
---
Dishonored(Blind) Final Part
http://youtu.be/_A_MFwIEnWM