Good build for the demolisher

#1BrighattalonPosted 11/19/2012 11:48:25 AM
I just unlocked the N7 Demolisher last night. What are good builds to use?

Currently I went with a 6/6/6/6/0 build with a mattock.

I specced for grenade damage and capacity. On the pylon I specced for faster regenration, weapon boost for allies, and the 25% shield boost.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Also, since the only power that needs a cooldown is the pylon, would a heavy weapon such as a typhoon or claymore be viable on the class?
---
Xbox live gamertag: winteragent
#2Mr_PipboyPosted 11/19/2012 11:52:34 AM
Don't bother taking the capacity evolutions. You can compensate for that in the passive and with gear. Other than that, 6/6/6/6/0 is the build to use.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net
#3Brighattalon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 11:54:41 AM
Yeah, with the warfighter gear, I'm carrying nine grenades in total.
---
#4Talon5967Posted 11/19/2012 11:56:32 AM
It's inevitable that someone will come in here and say to use the Harrier, since the pylon also drops ammo, which makes the Harrier's only drawback a non-issue.

A favorite way to use the pylon is to drop it, get the grenades, and then drop it again (which instantly spawns more grenades). This involves a good cooldown. Generally, you'll be dropping the pylon at the same pace or faster than it spawns grenades. This will also allow you to stay mobile, rather than setting up shop in a corner, which is strongly frowned upon here (though in my personal opinion, do whatever the hell works).
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
Gamertag: Talon Omega
#5code_kirinPosted 11/19/2012 11:59:18 AM
I used to use Harrier I back in the day, which got me around ~70%. Worked perfectly fine. Now that they increased the grenade output time you might benefit from running a lighter loadout.

Every time you set up a pylon you get two grenades, so a light load will let you get more grenades on demand.
#6bessy67Posted 11/19/2012 12:06:45 PM(edited)
6/6/6/6/0

Supply pylon: Resupply frequency, power damage, extra grenade
Homing Grenade: Radius, fire damage, armor damage
Arc Grenade: Damage, electrical damage, shield overload
N7 demolisher: Damage & max grenades, power damage, power damage

Take grenade capacity gear and a harrier. Between the grenade resupplies and putting down a new pylon, you can get 4 grenades every 15-20 seconds.

Oh, and remember to alternate grenades. Arc followed by homing gives a tech burst, and homing followed by arc gives a fire explosion.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#7Brighattalon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 12:06:07 PM
Well, I don't have the harrier (frowny face) but it sounds like a smg would be the way to go...
---
#8bessy67Posted 11/19/2012 12:08:32 PM
Brighattalon posted...
Well, I don't have the harrier (frowny face) but it sounds like a smg would be the way to go...

I'd steer clear of SMG's unless you have the Hurricane. Otherwise you're probably fine just sticking with the Mattock. You could also go with a shotgun like the GPS or Graal.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#9Mr_PipboyPosted 11/19/2012 12:11:52 PM(edited)
Brighattalon posted...

The Hurricane can sub until you get it. I took a gander at your manifest and your Hurricane III is decent, you could also use the Valkyrie.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net
#10JetblackmoonPosted 11/19/2012 12:10:30 PM
I'd definitely change your Pylon from 25% extra shields to the extra grenade it will spit out. It will make a big difference.
---
Hey, everyone! This store discriminates against the poor!