The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

WGG with a bunch of low-leveled people trying to level up.

#1FullMetalManiaPosted 11/19/2012 2:43:58 PM
I'm a Kroguard with a Reegar, we've got a Cerberus Adept, Asari Vanguard, and Paladin. So we should be good, right? Not too much power synergy (the only thing that can set-up biotic detonations against armor is Smash), but we've got Lift 'Nades, Smash itself, and Cryo debuffs to wipe Primes after I strip their shields. So what happens?

They missile zerg the CRAP out of basically every round because they don't kill fast enough. The amount of times I saw the Asari use Stasis on Armored targets made me weep.

Just. Why? This is not the game I wanted to come back to after losing my copy of ME3 for a week and a half.
---
"Welcome to the internet, where everyone gets off to EVERYTHING."
~kingkaze187
#2NickiousPosted 11/19/2012 2:48:02 PM
If you were a kroguard with a reeger you should easily be able to carry the team and win the match regardless of other's talent.
---
"But... it was so artistically done." Thrawn
#3GodsIndignationPosted 11/19/2012 2:48:34 PM
People still play WGG? That surprised me moreso than your match details.
---
Why are we born, if only to die so swiftly?
#4Talon5967Posted 11/19/2012 3:12:48 PM
Keep playing. You'll find intelligent people eventually.

Though as a kroguard, you really shouldn't care what the hell they're doing, aside from laughing as you watch them make fools of themselves.

And WGG is no longer farming friendly. At least not as much, what with the new corridors.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
Gamertag: Talon Omega
#5MarkMiltonPosted 11/19/2012 3:17:07 PM
Kroguard with Reegar?

you know, maybe your topic is more ironic than you are aware.

you've got three guys playing characters they seem to have fun playing as, and probably don't mind losing that much at all.

while you are using the most cliche'd character in the game, using one of the most cliche'd weapons in the game, on the most cliche'd map setting in the game.... complaining that they're spoiling the game.

maybe you should take a step back, and understand that THIS IS A GAME. and you are supposed to have fun playing the game. it's not supposed to be all about manufacturing credits, using the same system over-and-over again.

you're in the wrong here bud, not the three guys looking to just have fun.
---
If on Decepticon turf you happen to stumble, watch out robot, HERE COMES RUMBLE! ~~ Rumble... duh!
Gamertag: MarkMilton FC: 1977-0327-3304
#6DivineFistOkaPosted 11/19/2012 3:40:49 PM
Talon5967 posted...

Though as a kroguard, you really shouldn't care what the hell they're doing, aside from laughing as you watch them make fools of themselves.

And WGG is no longer farming friendly. At least not as much, what with the new corridors.

Actually, one of the new corridors makes a fantastic farming spot for platinum, with the right team combination, though close coordination is necessary, as is skill. This is most definitely not the 'hurhur, i'm behind a counter invincible' boring method, though it will likely hurt the fingers of at least one player. And yes, geth is still the 'safest' choice for platinum on any level, since it takes longer for either phantoms or banshees (I forget which) to show up, compared to other enemy choices. However, the rate at which you can get flanked if things go bad, be it against geth, or on any difficulty/enemy, is almost as high as it is on goddess... Definitely not for randoms.
---
I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if a million voices cried out to say "Oh ****!!!".
Tri's servers booted people again. MH Tri - Chihiro
#7zhobanPosted 11/19/2012 4:22:44 PM
DivineFistOka posted...
Talon5967 posted...

Actually, one of the new corridors makes a fantastic farming spot for platinum, with the right team combination, though close coordination is necessary, as is skill. This is most definitely not the 'hurhur, i'm behind a counter invincible' boring method, though it will likely hurt the fingers of at least one player. And yes, geth is still the 'safest' choice for platinum on any level, since it takes longer for either phantoms or banshees (I forget which) to show up, compared to other enemy choices. However, the rate at which you can get flanked if things go bad, be it against geth, or on any difficulty/enemy, is almost as high as it is on goddess... Definitely not for randoms.

What's the new way of doing Firebase White on Platinum?
---
Don't get all holy on me, James. This town called you, too. You and me are the same. We're not like other people. Eddie Dombrowski (Silent Hill 2)
#8PhilOnDezPosted 11/19/2012 4:26:28 PM
I think Rio Gold/Platinum Reapers is the new WGG
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
#9DivineFistOkaPosted 11/19/2012 6:57:39 PM(edited)
For this fight you will need:

One N7 Paladin, snap freeze specced for distance.
One N7 Shadow, Electric slash specced for distance, tactical cloak specced for maximum duration.
One Volus Engineer, Recon mine specced for maximum range, and invasive scan. Sheild boost specced for maximum restore and and damage resistance. Proxy mine specced for increased damage taken by enemies, if possible.
One class capable of setting off (not up!) tech bursts (cryo explosions, primarily). Personally, I use a slayer. (Phase disruptor) In that case, spec the disruptor for maximum damage, and a 4 shot set.

Your camp location is:

From the LZ where you begin, travel straight forward until you enter the building. Once in immediately turn right, and you are looking at one of the new hallways. This hallway is your camp spot. (Inside the door, but not high enough up to be on it's stairs.)

Your strategy is:

The volus should IMMEDIATELY place a recon mine near the ramp up, ramp down, and other new hallway. (Placed right, the expanded radius can cover all 3, barely.) This should be left in place for the ENTIRE mission. The rest of the voluses job for the whole mission is to keep everyones sheilds up, and ESPECIALLY keep the damage protection on everyone. The volus can try for some recon mines if time permits, and everyone is staying extremely healthy, but don't overdo it. You are a support class.

The paladin should be spraying snap freeze at anything the mine detects. Snap freeze travels through walls, so you can prep EVERYTHING before it reaches you. This preps everything for bonus damage from cryo explosions, as well as weakening armor (which there is far too much of.)

The Shadow should be spamming electric slash like mad through the walls, specced for increased range. It ALMOST matches the range on the snap freeze, and with the increased burst radius, it can set off whole groups of enemies (and the tight hallways mean they WILL be grouped up.) If an objective wave comes up requiring disabled devices, and the Shadow is of sufficient skill, it's entirely possible to grab enough aggro that they can handle the whole objective on there own, but this is situation-dependent.

The last class should be sniping whatever tech bursts they can, though the slayer is a special case. Biotic slash can travel through walls, but won't set off combos, which does give it a safer means of attack. However, Phase Disrupter is an interesting case. Ordinarily, it wo't be particularly useful, due to it's consumption of sheilds. However, with a volus who has a +200% recharge, sheilds aren't much of an issue. IIRC, it can even set off the cryo explosions. Spec it for radius, and you can set off bursts of them, though your mileage may vary. Engineer for some sort of quick power (overload usually) also works. Peek out, zap em, hide back in. Not as safe as the shadow and paladin, but it can work.

Hazards?

Yeah, there's one. In your hallway, if you stand too far back (Say, on the stairs, or at the top landing), you tend to cause enemy spawns behind you. You need to stay clustered up towards the front of your little alcove. If the volus isn't tossing proxy mines, he could face backwards whilst spamming sheild boost, to watch for spawns, but they (quite surprisingly) don't seem to occur often, unless someone stands too far back, or runs for ammo.

Other hazard is of course, ammo. Those who actually FIRE there guns in this process risk running out. Safest ammo run is to the box outside, but that tends to trigger the above hazard. Letting your teammates know, so they know to what to watch for, would be advisable.

I routinely do this with a group of buddies for platinum challenge matches, and we succeed in extraction around 80% of the time. All it takes is a bit of effort.
#10FullMetalMania(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 7:40:35 PM
I don't know what was up, I had AP Ammo III but only a Shotgun Rail Amp I and Shield boosts for every thing else. Yeah, I would melt the shield off the Primes in one clip and basically everything else in a single clip if I got all the shots concentrated on them, but even with the ammo it wasn't doing a damn thing against armor.

I think I had the Heavy Barrel Attachment (level IV) equipped, so that might have overridden it.
---
"Welcome to the internet, where everyone gets off to EVERYTHING."
~kingkaze187