Hudson: "Prequel or Sequel?"

#1Rafficus_IIIPosted 11/19/2012 8:41:36 PM
https://twitter.com/CaseyDHudson/status/270668914273443840

*gasp* Another SP topic? So yeah, sound off on Twitter and let your voice be heard. Personally, I hate this Twitter garbage, but here's the link for those of you who do it.
---
GT: BigRaff87
#2Wii0playerPosted 11/19/2012 8:46:46 PM
Sequel, I can't remember a single prequel in video games that outshined it's "predecessor" in story matters. You already know what's going to happen, so that sense of suspense is completely lost.
---
"In Mass Effect 3, the path to victory is less clear at the outset. You wont just find some long-lost Reaper off button."-Casey ******* Hudson.
#3jessica73Posted 11/19/2012 8:50:22 PM
suikoden v, human revolution (invisible war anyway)

I don't know, prequel probably will lead to less f***ery, sequel I'd be scared they'd try to shove some terrible canon ending on it.
---
Oh yea, thank goodness SAVOTT came to WWK's side. l mean he's so respected and totally not a troll at all - 765351
#4PsyrenCallPosted 11/19/2012 8:50:23 PM
Sequel. Prequels get saddled with too much baggage trying to ensure things are in line with the predecessors. Disappointment is almost inevitable.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#5I-ROX-HRDPosted 11/19/2012 8:50:43 PM
Wii0player posted...
Sequel, I can't remember a single prequel in video games that outshined it's "predecessor" in story matters. You already know what's going to happen, so that sense of suspense is completely lost.

MGS3
#6I-ROX-HRDPosted 11/19/2012 8:50:46 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7PsyrenCallPosted 11/19/2012 8:55:45 PM
I-ROX-HRD posted...
Wii0player posted...

MGS3

Doesn't count, as the MGS series doesn't have a coherent, sensible plot line. It's the crazed imaginings of a guy who is more or less insane.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#8Rafficus_III(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 8:59:02 PM
Eh, I tweeted him sequel.... if I did it correctly.... for the sake of seeing how squadmates and ME3 decisions play out. Now I wait for a response......
---
GT: BigRaff87
#9zeuscatPosted 11/19/2012 9:03:45 PM
I'd go sequel. Based in the books. That girl with crazy biotic powers and the quarians who risked traveling to unknown space. Lets explore further. New aliens. No contact with anyone in our galaxy.
---
"What is this!? A center for ants???"
- Derek Zoolander
#10Lord of NightmaresPosted 11/19/2012 9:09:29 PM
Wii0player posted...

Dunno, I personally felt that Halo: Reach was more engrossing than Halo 3.

Also, Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals is widely considered to be vastly superior to the first Lufia, despite most fans already knowing how it ended since the first game pretty much spoiled it within the first 10-15 minutes.