Hudson: "Prequel or Sequel?"

#11PsyrenCallPosted 11/19/2012 9:10:08 PM
zeuscat posted...
I'd go sequel. Based in the books. That girl with crazy biotic powers and the quarians who risked traveling to unknown space. Lets explore further. New aliens. No contact with anyone in our galaxy.

Fourth book, girl with the crazy biotic powers is dead, and the Quarians rejoined the flotilla.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#12code_kirinPosted 11/19/2012 9:10:42 PM
Alternate universe where Shepard dies in ME2 set a few hundred years later.
#13SetsunaFSPosted 11/19/2012 9:12:25 PM
PsyrenCall posted...
I-ROX-HRD posted...
Wii0player posted...
Sequel, I can't remember a single prequel in video games that outshined it's "predecessor" in story matters. You already know what's going to happen, so that sense of suspense is completely lost.

MGS3

Doesn't count, as the MGS series doesn't have a coherent, sensible plot line. It's the crazed imaginings of a guy who is more or less insane.

Wow.

Anyway, a prequel so that humans will have nothing to do with it. The last thing we need is more humanity circle jerking. Obviously, the plot just has to be on a smaller scale
---
"...he's adopted."-Thor
#14TnykuuhPosted 11/19/2012 9:16:31 PM
Sequel, I can't remember a single prequel in video games that outshined it's "predecessor" in story matters. You already know what's going to happen, so that sense of suspense is completely lost.

Devil May Cry 3 outshined both its predecessor in every aspect of the game(especially DMC2).
---
Some fear death, others pray for it.
#15BhelliumPosted 11/19/2012 9:20:55 PM
Preferred the original DMC myself
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
#16ozzyman314Posted 11/19/2012 9:25:09 PM
I just don't see how they can do sequel with the ending(s).

No matter which one they choose, they'll piss alot of people off.

Prequel is just the safer route.
---
Loading Signature..........
#17meltor13Posted 11/19/2012 9:28:47 PM
I told Casey 'sequel' but I think either would work. If they go back far enough in a prequel it could be cool. Remember, we're not necessarily stuck in the 'single person sets out to save the galaxy' type storyline. They could do ALOT with the universe they've built.
---
MarioKart 64 Main: Bowser
GT: MELTOR13
#18Rafficus_III(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 9:29:45 PM
ozzyman314 posted...
I just don't see how they can do sequel with the ending(s).

No matter which one they choose, they'll piss alot of people off.

Prequel is just the safer route.

It's quite simple. You do what DA2 did. You give a brief intro as to the hero's final decision, probably add in what happened to prominent characters and major decisions, and then you let allow a considerable amount of time to pass and canonize a route you want. For instance, Shep may choose successful Destroy, is given further clarification about having met up with crew and LI, and years way after his death Synthesis happens just as Merizan stated would happen. Doesn't trivialize the players choices, just sets the stage in a manner fitting to the route they want, while also giving the feel good ending and closure fans claim the EC didn't bring.
---
GT: BigRaff87
#19themissingmanPosted 11/19/2012 9:45:51 PM
So, no one is bothered by the notion that Hudson was hired to wrote the fourth game and has resorted to a Twitter poll to make his next move. He, essentially twitted, "I don't give a rat's ass."
---
Handsome Jack 2012
X-Box Live Gamertag: GandalfTheGreen
#20Carribean_CoolPosted 11/19/2012 9:47:08 PM
Neither. Make a brand new story that has no connections to the trilogy.
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.