Hudson: "Prequel or Sequel?"

#21code_kirinPosted 11/19/2012 9:53:07 PM
themissingman posted...
So, no one is bothered by the notion that Hudson was hired to wrote the fourth game and has resorted to a Twitter poll to make his next move. He, essentially twitted, "I don't give a rat's ass."

I actually found it funny. Expectations getting lower by the minute. I'm sure the MP will be a blast though! ME3MP was pretty much a huge beta test.
#22jessica73Posted 11/19/2012 9:54:33 PM
So, no one is bothered by the notion that Hudson was hired to wrote the fourth game and has resorted to a Twitter poll to make his next move. He, essentially twitted, "I don't give a rat's ass."

oh i definitely think it's trifling
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/dragonknight337/beth_phoenix1.jpg
@_@
#23PsyrenCallPosted 11/19/2012 9:58:54 PM
themissingman posted...

Hudson is not a writer, ME4 is in preproduction and BioWare likes to fool their fans into thinking their opinions have merit. When all is said and done, we won't be getting what the fans want.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#24AllDay524Posted 11/19/2012 9:58:59 PM
Devil May Cry 3

MGS3

Both of these.

You can throw Birth By Sleep in there too.
---
'I was looking up Pokemon Hentai today and it was full of Gardevoirs and Pikachus. I'm like what the hell is this? Wheres all the May and Dawn pics?' LittleUnit
#25Rafficus_III(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 9:59:20 PM
themissingman posted...

Not yet, at least. He's still the general project lead and says which direction it goes, but isn't the writer or the more immediate leader in the project. I take this as him trying to appeal to the fans and regain some lost ground.
---
GT: BigRaff87
#26PsyrenCallPosted 11/19/2012 10:03:10 PM
AllDay524 posted...
Devil May Cry 3

MGS3

Both of these.

You can throw Birth By Sleep in there too.

Birth By Sleep? You mean a game with a story specifically designed to force a Kingdom Hearts 3 as they had exhausted all major dangling plot points by the end of KH2? A game that leads to the cluster **** that is Dream Drop Distance's plot and is generally just giving back story where back story wasn't necessary?
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#27RKOMe2011Posted 11/19/2012 10:29:52 PM
My idea is Sequel, but done in a fresh clean slate. A game that would make sense yet would be effect by the Shepard Trilogy.

It would need to be done in a way similar towards DA Origins & 2 and how they will effect part 3. The new ME Sequel should be done in a similar fashion.

The Key Choices in Shepard's Trilogy would effect the new game, but the new game wouldnt have Shepard but Shepard's Legacy would be felt.

Set in the Same Universe, either a 1,000 years into the future making it 3183, Thus sets up to make room for the new MC.

No Goverments, No Citadel, No EA, no characters from Shepard's Trilogy only his choices would matter.

Instead there would be Factions, Corporations, Raiders, Mercs and the Civilians who are caught in the middle broken, homeless living in the Slums.

This would introduce us to the new MC which would be our CAC you can do an Origins deal choosing which place you wanna be Factions, Coporations, Raiders, or Merc or a Basic Civilan.

The game would begin from that POV each Class would be done & told in a new way so this is how I would make our new MC.

Our new MC could also be diffrent Races making for many possible combinations.

Our new MC would also have a Last name or Name Deal such as Hawke, Warden and Shepard meaning they would never say our 1st name.

Improve - Codex, Paragon//Renegade, new 2nd Alt Fire for Weapons called the Burst Fire Meter which you can only use once your meter would be filled. Diffrent Weapons would have diffrent effects. Also I would do the same for Omni-Blades givng them a 2nd Attack or a new Special Attack. Also new would be Omni-Chakrams, Nun-Chucks, Staff or a Sai.

These Nun-Chucks arent the old fashion grandaddy type, nope these babies have a Electromagnetic deal to them meaning you swing them around and it disables all Eletronics and Weapons could only be used when Burst Fire is activated.

Lots of ideas for a Sequel as a Prequel I wouldnt mind either, depends on when, where, and what the character would be.

but still I prefer Sequel over Prequel but I like some prequels such as the coming Hobbit sometimes Prequels can work.
#28PsyrenCallPosted 11/19/2012 10:49:24 PM
RKOMe2011 posted...
My idea is Sequel, but done in a fresh clean slate. A game that would make sense yet would be effect by the Shepard Trilogy.

It would need to be done in a way similar towards DA Origins & 2 and how they will effect part 3. The new ME Sequel should be done in a similar fashion.

The Key Choices in Shepard's Trilogy would effect the new game, but the new game wouldnt have Shepard but Shepard's Legacy would be felt.

Set in the Same Universe, either a 1,000 years into the future making it 3183, Thus sets up to make room for the new MC.

No Goverments, No Citadel, No EA, no characters from Shepard's Trilogy only his choices would matter.

Instead there would be Factions, Corporations, Raiders, Mercs and the Civilians who are caught in the middle broken, homeless living in the Slums.

This would introduce us to the new MC which would be our CAC you can do an Origins deal choosing which place you wanna be Factions, Coporations, Raiders, or Merc or a Basic Civilan.

The game would begin from that POV each Class would be done & told in a new way so this is how I would make our new MC.

Our new MC could also be diffrent Races making for many possible combinations.

Our new MC would also have a Last name or Name Deal such as Hawke, Warden and Shepard meaning they would never say our 1st name.

Improve - Codex, Paragon//Renegade, new 2nd Alt Fire for Weapons called the Burst Fire Meter which you can only use once your meter would be filled. Diffrent Weapons would have diffrent effects. Also I would do the same for Omni-Blades givng them a 2nd Attack or a new Special Attack. Also new would be Omni-Chakrams, Nun-Chucks, Staff or a Sai.

These Nun-Chucks arent the old fashion grandaddy type, nope these babies have a Electromagnetic deal to them meaning you swing them around and it disables all Eletronics and Weapons could only be used when Burst Fire is activated.

Lots of ideas for a Sequel as a Prequel I wouldnt mind either, depends on when, where, and what the character would be.

but still I prefer Sequel over Prequel but I like some prequels such as the coming Hobbit sometimes Prequels can work.

So, you want a *****y Deus Ex clone?

The Hobbit is NOT a prequel, it was published nearly 30 years prior to Fellowship of the Ring. Having a sequel does not make the original thing a prequel, and even if it did, it still doesn't apply when a prequel in this sense is created after the fact, not 27 years prior.
---
#29xxcheexxPosted 11/19/2012 11:16:16 PM
Casey Hudson asking fans that question is kind of...I don't know. I doesn't bode well.

Anyway, sequel or prequel...how about a Mass Effect set in a different galaxy? No Reapers, no Shepard legacy, entirely new specie. A clean slate. And then like...maybe introduce a human-like race (if we absolutely have to play human).
---
If it's all civilized, you're doing it wrong.
- xsolstice -
#30VirtualAnomolyPosted 11/19/2012 11:22:35 PM(edited)
I would say Sequel. I want to see how the aliens we already know and love(and others) adapt after (whatever cannon) ending goes down. And what happens to the Normandy Squad.

Primarch Vakarian? Though if I recall correctly Garrus said he didn't want that

---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
Black FC---0304 1624 6630 (cole)