Hudson: "Prequel or Sequel?"

#31RKOMe2011Posted 11/19/2012 11:49:37 PM
No my game isnt a Clone of Dues EX or HR, it would bt like Omni Blades in ME 3 but we would have many new weapons but they all have new abilites.

Omni Chucks, Omni Staff, Omni Sais, Omni Chakrams

Pisses me off when people say my ideas are copies or is a copy of a game when they have no idea what the concept would be or what it would look like.

Just cause something seems like it would be similar trust me it wouldnt be anything like it.

New Deal, Fresh Start, Clean Slate makes the transition to the new MC more flexable

20 to 30 years afer Shepard or 3183 meaning a 1000 Years after Shepard which would be better.
#32ChronoAcePosted 11/19/2012 11:54:47 PM(edited)
Sequel. Could absolutely care less about Prequels in general.

BTW there doesn't HAVE to be a canon ending. If they set it far enough in the future they can make up some BS reasons as to why everybody isn't a Cyborg, since we all know Bioware has a stiffy for Synthesis just for the sake of being controversial.
#33charon78auPosted 11/19/2012 11:54:20 PM
PsyrenCall posted...
I-ROX-HRD posted...
Wii0player posted...
Sequel, I can't remember a single prequel in video games that outshined it's "predecessor" in story matters. You already know what's going to happen, so that sense of suspense is completely lost.

MGS3

Doesn't count, as the MGS series doesn't have a coherent, sensible plot line. It's the crazed imaginings of a guy who is more or less insane.

This is more truth than most could handle.
---
Don't pay the ferry man. Don't even fix a price.
GT: Charon78
#34YamaguxhiPosted 11/20/2012 12:00:03 AM
Carribean_Cool posted...
Neither. Make a brand new story that has no connections to the trilogy.

This.
Also I think it would pretty cool if it was based around the first contact. Not like right after the first contact but a few decades after.
---
No more Tom foolerey
#35PsyrenCallPosted 11/20/2012 12:12:37 AM
RKOMe2011 posted...
No my game isnt a Clone of Dues EX or HR, it would bt like Omni Blades in ME 3 but we would have many new weapons but they all have new abilites.

Omni Chucks, Omni Staff, Omni Sais, Omni Chakrams

Pisses me off when people say my ideas are copies or is a copy of a game when they have no idea what the concept would be or what it would look like.

Just cause something seems like it would be similar trust me it wouldnt be anything like it.

New Deal, Fresh Start, Clean Slate makes the transition to the new MC more flexable

20 to 30 years afer Shepard or 3183 meaning a 1000 Years after Shepard which would be better.

So, you want Teenage Mutant Mass Effect Jade Empire Turtles? Has anyone ever told you that the ideas that come out of your brain sound better when someone makes fun of you for them? 'Cause your ideas, if you can call them that, are pure drivel.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#36ZacTBPosted 11/20/2012 1:00:02 AM
Sequel, setting it in a few thousand years maybe. New races (as well as old ones), new settings and new conflicts. Just have a few things set in canon, e.g. Peace between Quarians and Geth and the Genophage cured, and then be really ambiguous towards the Mass Effect 3 endings, for example there are no Reapers around which in Destroy is obvious, Control Shepard could have taken them into Dark Space and Synthesis they could live in peace elsewhere. In Synthesis the eye thing could have wore off after a while, and in Destroy the Geth could have been rebuilt. If your Shepard sabotaged the Genophage, an excuse for it being cured in the next game is that someone else could have done it a few hundred years later. Completely new characters as well, but bring back the Citadel and other iconic places but no Normandy or Mass Effect characters, that would be good I think.
#37Allied77Posted 11/20/2012 1:04:46 AM
Mass Effect 4: Origin of the Star Child.

It's both a prequel AND a sequel!
---
"Someone else might have gotten it wrong." - Mordin Solus
#38Ryan-06Posted 11/20/2012 1:13:51 AM(edited)
Wii0player posted...
Sequel, I can't remember a single prequel in video games that outshined it's "predecessor" in story matters. You already know what's going to happen, so that sense of suspense is completely lost.

Human. Revolution.
I ASKED FOR THIS. ITS A TIME, OF GREAT INNOVATION.. AND TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENT.... I don't even know whose side I'm on... -_-

This is also my favorite trailer of all time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq5KWLqUewc

Seriously tho, HR is my fav prequel of all time. And I myself am not into prequels for exactly what you said above. MGS3 is the only other prequel I liked before HR. But other than that, I much prefer moving the story forward, rather than backward. Always.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six
"Tougher than I look" http://i.imgur.com/i5krA.gif
#39PsyrenCallPosted 11/20/2012 1:17:54 AM
Human Revolution is not a good example of a prequel. Is it a good game? Certainly. Does it even attempt to align itself with the storyline of the previous games? Not at all, aside from one little audio clip. All three ending "choices", if you can call them that, pretty much give the finger to the storyline of the first two Deus Ex games, they're completely incompatible. Which means that if it wasn't meant as a complete series reboot, then we're left with the notion that Human Revolution, in its entirety, is pointless.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#40WayWardFelixPosted 11/20/2012 1:57:53 AM
PsyrenCall posted...
Sequel. Prequels get saddled with too much baggage trying to ensure things are in line with the predecessors. Disappointment is almost inevitable.

After ME3?
I doubt it.
---
I love you ......(._. )