Hudson: "Prequel or Sequel?"

#41Ryan-06Posted 11/20/2012 3:42:53 AM
PsyrenCall posted...
Human Revolution is not a good example of a prequel. Is it a good game? Certainly. Does it even attempt to align itself with the storyline of the previous games? Not at all, aside from one little audio clip. All three ending "choices", if you can call them that, pretty much give the finger to the storyline of the first two Deus Ex games, they're completely incompatible. Which means that if it wasn't meant as a complete series reboot, then we're left with the notion that Human Revolution, in its entirety, is pointless.

Taggarts ending is more aligned with what happens in the 1st game. Illuminati. More canon to me than the other two. Hope more DX games come out in the future.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six
"Tougher than I look" http://i.imgur.com/i5krA.gif
#42Safer_777Posted 11/20/2012 4:09:51 AM
Prequel.Krogan Wars.You play as a Krogan Soldier,under a Warlord and kill every other race.But you would uncover something about Reapers and ending figthing Rachni and other stuff too.
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~
#43Wii0playerPosted 11/20/2012 5:12:25 AM
The only prequel I'd be interested in would be the origins of Shepard. We already know he has 9 possible backgrounds . But in the Mass effect games those origins are completely disregarded after ME1.

Make it like a DA origins game in the beginning where you choose from Spacer, Colonist, Earthborn and have three seperate endings in Torfan,Elysium, Akuze.

Along the way you undergo various alliance missions on the way to being made N7. Depending on your class new missions become available. You get to interact with squadmates and there's still a possibility for LI's.

Krogan Rebellions/Rachni/First Contact war/Morning war I have no interest in because I know how they end, sure I know how those three missions end, and how they effected the people in the galaxy.

Prior to ME1 Shepard is still really a mystery, I'd like to get a more detailed background on him
---
"In Mass Effect 3, the path to victory is less clear at the outset. You wont just find some long-lost Reaper off button."-Casey ******* Hudson.
#44Shi_No_TenchiPosted 11/20/2012 6:48:59 AM
I want the next game to not take place during the cycle of the first 3 games. If its a prequel, then I want it to take place during the Prothean's cycle. Then they could have new races and how they were destroyed or integrated into the Prothean empire, and maybe even provide backstory on the rachni, keepers, mass relays/conduit, and if they were studying the Inusannon (or previous cycle's inhabitants) like our cycle studied Protheans. All kinda leading to the end of the Protheans at the hands of the Reapers.

If its a sequel, then I want it far enough away from the end of ME3 that no characters return and everything that happened is the stuff of "legends." Enough time has passed that the "happy ever after" or whatever is over and all the races go back to trying to gain power on the Citadel, possibly leading to some kind of galactic war, while maybe having to deal with remnants of the Reapers (reapers that rebelled against/denied the Catalyst's logic?).

Not gonna hold my breath though. Can't make everyone happy, and I'm probably still gonna buy it anyway.
---
"One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, too rare to die." x__o
#45melvin343Posted 11/20/2012 6:55:02 AM
Yamaguxhi posted...
Carribean_Cool posted...
Neither. Make a brand new story that has no connections to the trilogy.

This.
Also I think it would pretty cool if it was based around the first contact. Not like right after the first contact but a few decades after.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought we were getting a ME Movie that will take place in the First contact War/343 Relay Incident.

As for another ME game, I'm sorry but ME will never be the same without Shepard.
---
Still playing Mass Effect 3 MP until Halo 4 is release.
XBOX GT: Player1mj117. PSN: playmaker45.
#46Chr0noidPosted 11/20/2012 7:57:57 AM
Okay, I am THIS close to tweeting the following:

"Neither. I'm still interested in Shepard's story. Can't trust you to make a good decision anyway."

It will be deleted upon sight but goddamn this guy has a lot of gall to be asking us this.
---
We are so dead...but at least I have a girlfriend! -Lion-O
#47armydominican69Posted 11/20/2012 8:02:59 AM
Neither

my "Faith" (ironic since im an Atheist) in BioWare is greatly diminished, i dont really wanna see Mass Effect franchise getting any worse than what ME3 did to it
#48Chr0noidPosted 11/20/2012 8:07:45 AM(edited)
lol it was already taken down. What a dbag.
#49Rafficus_III(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 8:09:31 AM
Fo_Fai posted...

"Neither. I'm still interested in Shepard's story. Can't trust you to make a good decision anyway."

It will be deleted upon sight but goddamn this guy has a lot of gall to be asking us this.

Snip the last sentence and you're fine; too personal.
---
GT: BigRaff87
#50Chr0noidPosted 11/20/2012 8:10:48 AM
Rafficus_III posted...
Fo_Fai posted...

Snip the last sentence and you're fine; too personal.

Here's what I posted.

Neither. My trust in Bioware has been severed. Own up to your lies regarding the ME3 ending first then I'll get back to you.
---
We are so dead...but at least I have a girlfriend! -Lion-O